PDA

View Full Version : Cal may have sent us a really good one.

Zerogame
05-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Could be that GJ Valerino is a better "get" than we realize.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2009/05/06/CALIPARI_THE_ULTIMATE_SALESMAN

I wonder if Cal and Few's friendship helped put a seal on the deal?

Birddog
05-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I don't see the connection between that linked article and Vilarino's skills. There is no mention of GJ in the article. He may prove your hypothesis to be correct however.

Zerogame
05-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Cal knew who he had waiting in the wings. He wanted a good home for GJ.

BobZag
05-07-2009, 10:23 AM
His dad living here, his mom attending GU, he being born here, the success of Few's Zags = a nice little perfect storm.

Jeff_Scribe
05-07-2009, 11:27 AM
He is supposed to be a solid player, but there was no backroom handshake deal between Calipari and Few.

Zerogame
05-07-2009, 02:05 PM
He is supposed to be a solid player, but there was no backroom handshake deal between Calipari and Few.

I think more like, "hey I can't use you here, but may I suggest Gonzaga as an option." "Great PG tradition, top coaching, etc." Then a phone call to Few and give him a heads-up on the kid.

or as BZ said, it was a natural.

cjm720
05-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I think more like, "hey I can't use you here, but may I suggest Gonzaga as an option." "Great PG tradition, top coaching, etc." Then a phone call to Few and give him a heads-up on the kid.

I think you're onto something Zero, because I don't ever recall GJ as ever listing Gonzaga. If it did go down, however, I wouldn't be suprised if it was Coach Cal who gave Few the heads up and along with ties to Spokane and our system it was a natural fit as well.

GO ZAGS!!

OZZag
05-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I Thought at the time that it was more than a coincidence................

JPtheBeasta
05-07-2009, 06:28 PM

It was put together by the Bilderberg group. I know, because I am a member. Be nice to me or I will get my friends to raise gas prices again.

Do you really think it is just a coincidence that a guy that never listed the Zags (per others here) ends up transferring from one non-BCS coach to another that greatly respect each other (friends?), especially when the Zags essentially have to make room for him? I think Cal and Few had to have had some level of conversation on this kid...

P.S. I brought this up a week ago and nobody cared... Oh well :)

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=20608&highlight=calipari

thespywhozaggedme
05-07-2009, 06:52 PM

I think you've convinced me. Good call.

Birddog
05-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I brought this up a week ago and nobody cared... Oh well
Timing is everything!

JPtheBeasta
05-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Timing is everything!

:D Your gas just went up