PDA

View Full Version : Luke Winn's Power 16

ZagNative
05-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Gonzaga is "on the cusp" at #18 (without Austin Daye).

Luke Winn - Sportsillustrated.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/luke_winn/05/06/power.rankings/index.html?eref=T1).

MDABE80
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
1. Makes me wonder where Winn would place the Zags WITH Austin.

2. We've lost some big pieces to graduation. While it would be nice to have the top 5 remaining kids back (Matt, Meech, Steven, Austin and Rob), a no 18 (without AD) sort of assumes the newbies will contribute heavily. What does Luke know??? In this early/late season ranking, I wonder if our returning kids are deserving of an 18. If UW is ranked as high as it is by Winn, I don't see why not. Just a thought.....or 2...

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-07-2009, 09:23 AM
The fact that the Zags are going to be able to absorb the loss of so many key seniors without missing a set in terms of competitiveness is AMAZING. Kudos to the staff on some wonderful recruiting over the years!

former1dog
05-07-2009, 09:36 AM
The fact that the Zags are going to be able to absorb the loss of so many key seniors without missing a set in terms of competitiveness is AMAZING. Kudos to the staff on some wonderful recruiting over the years!

All due respect, that remains to be seen. I am also optimistic, but only what I see on the court this fall will convince me.

BobZag
05-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I like Luke.

cjm720
05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm as optimistic as can be, with or without AD. If he's gone though, we'd have 4 new starters. I don't even think Few knows how well we are capable of playing. We do arguably have more depth and overall athleticism than any period of the program, and Few always seems to over-achieve during the regular season. My money says we're a top 20 team by the end of the season, I just don't think we can justify a pre-season ranking so high.

Go Zags!!!