PDA

View Full Version : Troy Daniels (?) commits to VCU

SLOZag
05-06-2009, 10:01 PM
"New Virginia Commonwealth University basketball coach Shaka Smart picked up a commitment yesterday from highly recruited all-Group AAA guard Troy Daniels out of William Fleming High in Roanoke.

Daniels, a 6-4 shooting guard, averaged 17 points and 6 rebounds for the state runner-up Colonels. He was the Northwest Region player of the year and the Roanoke Times player of the year. ... Daniels got offers from Georgetown, Gonzaga, Cincinnati and Marshall, Hardy said, and drew recruiting interest from about 25 Division I schools, including Virginia Tech, Virginia, N.C. State and Marquette."

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/college/college_basketball/article/COLL07_20090506-222415/266228/

Is that so?

ZagNative
05-07-2009, 05:57 AM
I remember the Zags going to Virginia to watch him, but I have no idea about an offer. He seemed to fall off the radar after that as far as the Zags were concerned. There was talk a while back about him possibly going to prep school ... maybe some academic issues he was able to overcome by the spring signing period....