PDA

View Full Version : FOH's Josh Smith and Anthony Wroten Jr. square off against All-Ohio

skan72
05-04-2009, 10:10 AM
It would seem Jared Sullinger of All-Ohio got the better of Josh Smith in this matchup:

Though Sullinger is shorter than Smith, he was able to bother Smith with his length on defense, and on offense with a variety of post moves and an uncanny ability to offensive rebound. In fact, rebounding is where the difference between the two was most notable.

Overall Smith had a few nice plays, including a pair of late dunks, but still the damage was done. All-Ohio cruised to a win, and Sullinger himself looked great in the process. For the game Sullinger finished with 21 points and 13 rebounds while Smith was limited to 11 points and six rebounds.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/910/791597.jpg

However, Wroten Jr. did his thing against the All-Ohio perimeter defense, which included Aaron Craft - a premier defender in the 2010 class:

Obviously Sullinger and Smith weren't alone, and while it was under the radar, and interesting matchup took place between Anthony Wroten Jr. and Aaron Craft. Wroten is one of the top offensive players in the 2011 class while Craft is one of the premier defenders in the 2010 class.

The two of them went at it all game long, and Wroten showed some of why he is thought of so highly. At 6 feet 4 with a strong frame and athleticism to spare, Wroten really did a lot of damage in the post. He posted up the shorter All-Ohio guards, including Craft, and was able to really get things going. Also playing closer to the bucket put him in a good position to rebound and convert.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=942413

Angelo Roncalli
05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Look for Wroten to transfer from Garfield to a prep school.

ZagNative
05-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Smith and Wroten's team is Seattle Rotary rather than FOH.

skan72
05-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Woops, my bad. Thanks, ZN!

I can't change the front page, if a mod would do that for me that would be great. However, I changed the title for this thread.

thespywhozaggedme
05-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Two observations:

1. Wow, is he fat and out of shape for a high school guy

2. His shirt is inside out

Phat1
05-04-2009, 05:06 PM
If Smith isn't careful he is beginning to look like Tractor Trailer

thespywhozaggedme
05-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I am really surprised how out of shape he is. Shocked actually. He's got moobs, for crying out loud.

P.S. I was wrong about his shirt being inside out; it's just really ugly. He sure is fat though.

skan72
05-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah, Smith has played a high school season and now is on the AAU circuit and actually looks larger (girth-wise) then when I saw him last summer at Gonzaga. That is ridiculous!