PDA

View Full Version : Joe Harris in Premier League at Highline CC

BobZag
05-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Joe's Friends of Hoop (U17) squad will be playing other teams on these dates--

May 2 and 3.
May 9.
May 16 and 17.

I don't have exact tipoff times but go on down if you can and catch Joe in action. Your reports would be much appreciated.

The other West Side tourney you can watch Harris is--

Rose City Classic / June 12-14 / Portland (not sure where)

eastsideballer
05-01-2009, 08:58 PM
This should get you the information you are looking for.

www.wpsbl.com

cjm720
05-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Anyone able to attend or find out how joe played?

ballerfan123
05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I decided to join the forum after watching both Joe Harris and Brett Kingma play at Premier League. I think if the Zags can land both these guys, they will be getting two of the biggest steals on the west coast in terms of recruiting. Joe Harris is growing into a Matt Bouldin-type player, while Kingma is an incredible scorer with uncanny court vision and ability to find the open guy on a dime, much like Dan Dickau. Joe's FOH squad plays Kingma's Emerald City team at 2:00 PM Saturday at Highline CC. As a Seattle Zag fan, I will be there to watch both in action and report back.

BobZag
05-04-2009, 03:01 PM
You described these two guys exactly as I have envisioned them. Thanks for the report. Keep 'em coming. :)

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the report, BF123! I look forward to hearing about next weekend's game!

N texas 509er
05-04-2009, 04:21 PM
I heard that Harris dropped 32pts on their first game on Saturday. Looked strong around the basket and even had a dunk in traffic

N texas 509er
05-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I decided to join the forum after watching both Joe Harris and Brett Kingma play at Premier League. I think if the Zags can land both these guys, they will be getting two of the biggest steals on the west coast in terms of recruiting. Joe Harris is growing into a Matt Bouldin-type player, while Kingma is an incredible scorer with uncanny court vision and ability to find the open guy on a dime, much like Dan Dickau. Joe's FOH squad plays Kingma's Emerald City team at 2:00 PM Saturday at Highline CC. As a Seattle Zag fan, I will be there to watch both in action and report back.
ballerfan123 don't know if you got to the Premier League games this weekend - would love to hear your assessment. I have gotten a report back that FOH again looks strong and Harris playing a big role - They won by 46 their first game on Saturday, then beat Emerald City by 12 in the afternoon: Brett Kingma went scoreless in the first half and picked up some junk at the end of the game (not a factor in the game)
Also some word during the games Saturday that WSU offered Harris this past week - looked at our recruit watch list and it doesn’t even show WSU, so wondering if this is a recent change due to the hype that seems to be building?

MDABE80
05-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Welcome aboard Baller! Nice of you to give reports on BZ's two favorite guard prospects!

N texas 509er
05-10-2009, 11:05 AM
WSU message board site (CougCenter) and it sounds like J Harris was on campus last week - the entire coaching staff did a campus tour with he and his dad... lead by Bone

http://www.cougcenter.com/2009/5/7/868583/just-saw-bone-and-the-whole

ballerfan123
05-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I got to the game a little late and saw that Kingma was limping around. Sat behind some of the parents from Emerald City and I think I heard he sprained his ankle at a practice earlier in the week. On the other note, I saw Harris took one shot and make it, but couldn't get open to get shots off on the EC guards. 509er, it sounds like you would rather have Harris more than Kingma, but saying stuff on here is not going to change the fact that the staff wants Kingma more. Talked to one of the FOH parents after I read your post that Harris scored 32 points, and they said he has not scored more than 15 in a Premier League game. Then again, they normally win easy, but you seem to hype the kid up a lot. Let their play settle things. I'll keep posting as I watch these league games and on into the playoffs.

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks, BF123!

N texas 509er
05-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks BF123 - must admit I do like Harris especially after seeing FOH here in TX, but do agree with you that no recruiting happens off these boards. (How they perform in crucial times in front of the coaching staff will be what makes the difference) Do think he’s a good fit, especially since he seems to be able to distribute the ball well and make others better.

I’m watching from afar, I’ll keep what I hear to myself since I get information second hand (old high school/college coaches still knocking around the NW mostly). Next time I will see FOH will be at the end of July in Vegas, so I’ll try to surface around then. Maybe by then we'll know what offers are on the table and hopefully if there is a verbal it will be with GU!