PDA

View Full Version : Can you confirm - Joe Harris on campus Monday or Tuesday?

N texas 509er
04-30-2009, 07:30 PM
A friend thought she saw someone who looked like Joe Harris with coach G on campus? - Anyone confirm a visit?

Thanks

BobZag
05-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Confirmed.

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-01-2009, 09:14 AM
I like it! I wasn't all that excited when his recruitment started, but I'm starting to like Joe more and more as I'm learning more about him.

Zerogame
05-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I noticed that Joe wasn't even listed in the top 35 in the state. Few knows better than me, but you would think we would be in the hunt for higher rated canidates.
http://www.seatownsports.net/2009/02/top-25-high-school-basketball-players.html

dnj116
05-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Well whoever Gonzaga decides to pull the trigger on for '10, there's only one(maybe 2) spots. Gotta make'r count.

BobZag
05-01-2009, 10:13 AM
I noticed that Joe wasn't even listed in the top 35 in the state. Few knows better than me, but you would think we would be in the hunt for higher rated canidates.
http://www.seatownsports.net/2009/02/top-25-high-school-basketball-players.html

Oookay.

Zerogame
05-01-2009, 10:21 AM
:D after a little more research i did find this on a husky board. Trust FEW!

Dawgman Freshman
307 posts this site
Posted: 03/18/2009 8:41 PM

Re: Joe Harris, 6' 5" Chelan junior guard/forward

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the best there,@ the A tourney was Joe Harris from Chelan..I saw Coach Shaw there on Wed. or Thur. cant remember but it was told to me by the Chelan folks that he was there to see Gage AND Harris...Harris had 32 Wed '''7/8 from the 3pt line, 38 Thurs''4/5 3 pt..and 24 on Fri. and with a total of 16 boards, 10 assists, and 10 steals in the 3 games. He IS the real deal. Ive been going to the A and AA tourney for 30 yrs and he is the best player Ive ever seen in the tournament. Also through the yrs Ive gotten to know a lot of the coaches at that level and everyone I talked to loves this guy. I had one coach from the eastern wash. tell me that he is head and shoulders ahead of where Steven Gray was at this time. He really doesnt have much help on the team but he held them in every ballgame, hitting unreal 3s in crunch time. I also heard that Gonzaga and WSU were hot and heavy on him so I really hope the Husky staff takes a good long hard look at him...He is worth it!!! and btw to the guy from ephrata....Marty O ' Brien was a good friend of mine....and he told me about Joe when he was a 7th grader
RIP Marty

N texas 509er
05-01-2009, 09:13 PM
good post Zerogame - Marty O ' Brien was a great guy!!!

I looked on Scout.com and it only showed 5 2010 players in WA State (Harris was one of them):

C 2 Josh Smith (Kentwood HS) Kent, WA 6-9/270/25.0 UCLA, Louisville, Washington, Duke, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Kansas, North Carolina, Ohio State, Tennessee, Texas, USC
C NR John Gage (Vashon Island HS) Vashon, WA 6-10/210 Stanford, Washington, California, Eastern Washington, Gonzaga, Portland, Portland State, Seattle
PG NR Aaron Bright (Bellevue HS) Bellevue, WA 5-10/155 Arizona, California, Eastern Washington, Gonzaga, Pepperdine, San Diego, San Francisco, Stanford, Washington State
SF NR Patrick Simon (Ephrata Senior HS) Ephrata, WA 6-7/185 Committed to Washington State
SG NR Joe Harris (Chelan HS) Chelan, WA 6-4/190 Oregon State, Portland, Portland State, Utah, Washington State. BYU, Utah St, St Mary's, San Diego

WSU buddy is saying that they have already offered and that he's on campus this next week. -----It's killing me!!!! I'm hoping the visit went well and the Zags are cemented in his heart.

thespywhozaggedme
05-02-2009, 06:54 AM
good post Zerogame - Marty O ' Brien was a great guy!!!

I looked on Scout.com and it only showed 5 2010 players in WA State (Harris was one of them):

C 2 Josh Smith (Kentwood HS) Kent, WA 6-9/270/25.0 UCLA, Louisville, Washington, Duke, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Kansas, North Carolina, Ohio State, Tennessee, Texas, USC
C NR John Gage (Vashon Island HS) Vashon, WA 6-10/210 Stanford, Washington, California, Eastern Washington, Gonzaga, Portland, Portland State, Seattle
PG NR Aaron Bright (Bellevue HS) Bellevue, WA 5-10/155 Arizona, California, Eastern Washington, Gonzaga, Pepperdine, San Diego, San Francisco, Stanford, Washington State
SF NR Patrick Simon (Ephrata Senior HS) Ephrata, WA 6-7/185 Committed to Washington State
SG NR Joe Harris (Chelan HS) Chelan, WA 6-4/190 Oregon State, Portland, Portland State, Utah, Washington State. BYU, Utah St, St Mary's, San Diego

WSU buddy is saying that they have already offered and that he's on campus this next week. -----It's killing me!!!! I'm hoping the visit went well and the Zags are cemented in his heart.

What's interesting is that everyone lists Gonzaga except Simon (who's already committed to the Cougs) and Harris.

ZagAddict
05-02-2009, 07:26 AM
I noticed that Joe wasn't even listed in the top 35 in the state...

Ya, I don't know why programs like WSU, UW, or UCLA would be interested in a lowly recruit like Harris ;) They really shouldn't waste their time here. Note to coach Bone and Romar: Nothing To See Here... :D

ZagAddict
05-02-2009, 07:29 AM
What's interesting is that everyone lists Gonzaga except Simon (who's already committed to the Cougs) and Harris.

I have to believe that he is Gonzaga's to lose. I just hope it's not another situation like Brad Tinsley. Let's NOT over analyze this... it's a perfect fit.

duper
05-02-2009, 03:30 PM
A friend told me he was in Pullman for at least 3 games last yr. Hopefully one was the ZAG game.

N texas 509er
05-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Poll

If you had to build the 2010 class around one of the following guys, which would you choose?

22% Alex Kirk (6'10 PF, Los Alamos) 44 votes
20% Johnny McArthur (6'10 PF, De La Salle) 41 votes
19% Guy-Marc Michel (7'1 C, NIC) 39 votes
37% Joe Harris (6'5 CG, Chelan) 75 votes

199 Total Votes