• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

AP all-state basketball teams announced

this version is from the tri-cityherald.com:
    The final set of basketball awards for the season were released Wednesday as The Associated Press announced its all-state teams.

Yes, it's been more than a month since the hoops season ended, but Tim Booth -- the person who coordinates this for the AP -- spent much of March in Arizona covering the M's at spring training. High school hoops were the furthest thing from his mind.

Player of the year, all classes Peyton Siva, sr., Franklin.

4A
    Player of the year Abdul Gaddy, sr., Bellarmine Prep.

First team Abdul Gaddy, sr., Bellarmine Prep; Tony Wroten Jr., soph., Garfield; Josh Smith, jr., Kentwood; Cole Dickerson, jr., Federal Way; Gary Bell, soph., Kentridge.

Honorable mention Taylor Elmo, sr., Eisenhower; Gary Winston, jr., Walla Walla.
    3A
    Player of the year Peyton Siva, sr., Franklin.

First team Peyton Siva, sr., Franklin; Anthony Brown, sr., Shadle Park; Steven Bjornstad, sr., Columbia River; Aaron Bright, jr., Bellevue; Chris Holmes, sr., Franklin.

Honorable mention Alex Schrempf, sr., Bellevue; Jesse Vaughn, sr., Rogers (Spokane); Matt Borton, sr., West Valley (Yakima).
    2A
    Player of the year Keith Stackhouse, jr., Squalicum.

First team Keith Stackhouse, jr., Squalicum; Evan Coulter, jr., Burlington-Edison; Willie Blodgett, sr., Wapato; Jordan Nicholes, sr., Sultan; Dustin McConnell, jr., Clarkston.

Honorable mention
    Andre Moore, sr., Klahowya; Joey Wayman, sr., Hoquiam; Younase Dunn, sr., River Ridge; Rogi Fajardo, sr., Grandview.
    1A

Player of the year Joe Harris, jr., Chelan.

First team Joe Harris, jr., Chelan; John Gage, jr., Vashon Island; Parker McClelland, sr., Port Townsend; David Downs, jr., Bellevue Christian; Lance Whitney, sr., Connell.

Honorable mention Patrick Newman, sr., Highland; Jordan Davis, sr., Winlock.
    I posted the Seattle Times list earlier, on March 24th, here.
    • Jan 2007

Thanks, ZN.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• MississppiZag
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • May 2008

Nice to see Joe Harris is the player of the year. I am not familiar with Washington sports, so is Joe playing good competition? Or will the AAU season be more telling?
      "I enjoyed watching them play more than watching us play," Izzo said after watching his team eke out a 75-71 win over Gonzaga. "I thought they punched us in the mouth, picked us up and punched us in the mouth again."

Comment

• kdoggy
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

I actually have seen a few of these guys...

Siva is the best of the bunch. Gaddy is pretty good, not sure about tops in the nation. I thought Bright and Bell looked as good or better in head to head. Schrempf is a solid d-1 prospect. The other kid from Franklin is a defensive wiz. He put the Lockdown on Wroten.

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by MississppiZag View Post
          Nice to see Joe Harris is the player of the year. I am not familiar with Washington sports, so is Joe playing good competition? Or will the AAU season be more telling?
          Joe plays for a small school and he's a good one, but I think it's only pudent to wait till July and scout him as he plays against good AAU teams. And Joe will play with the Zags in pickup games when his team comes to team camp. Chelan is 1A. 4A is the biggest.
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Bob, does Gary Bell's Kentridge team also participate in the GU basketball camp? I remember Josh Smith's Kentwood (?) team was there last summer, but I'm not clear about Kentridge.

Comment

• skan72
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
              Bob, does Gary Bell's Kentridge team also participate in the GU basketball camp? I remember Josh Smith's Kentwood (?) team was there last summer, but I'm not clear about Kentridge.
              I'll grab this one. Yes, Kentridge is going to be there June 28 - July 2. They were in the same team camp as my team last summer and Gary Bell scrimmaged with the guys as a kid just out of grade 9, it was crazy! He performed solidly too which was even more out-of-this-world!
              Afterwards Tommy Loyd called him over and they had some paperwork out for a second then they both walked away never to be seen again that scrimmage...dun dun dun

Comment

• Straightedge Hooper
                Redshirt
                • May 2007

I know Micah has some siblings in the Seattle area, is David Downs on the 1A all-state Micah's brother?

Comment

Working...
                X