CDC84
04-13-2009, 02:04 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=538249

1. No more home games
2. Get rid of the "last 12"
3. Fewer domes in the early rounds

bullzag23
04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I really have to agree with the 'fewer domes' idea, but not just for the first rounds. Ford Field IMO was far too large for a basketball game to take place in that arena. I saw a picture off of ESPN somewhere(sorry no link) taken from the very upper echelon of the nose-bleeds, and I could not imagine being that far away from the court AT THE GAME. Granted there are more seats to sell but it really takes away the feel of having the game played in an arena, say 25K seats max. That is a little higher than the biggest NBA arena. Why are we playing basketball games in a FOOTBALL STADIUM? :mad:

BobZag
04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Take away the domes and the final 12. But since the Spokane Arena is a hit with the NCAA subregionals, and Gonzaga is in Spokane.... :)

CDC84
04-13-2009, 02:55 PM
What was really embarrassing at this year's NCAA tourney was the subregional at the Metrodome in Minneapolis. There weren't enough people at that venue to even fill up the Target Center, which is where the Timberwolves play.

3 of the 4 regionals next season will be held at dome stadiums. The only exception is the west regional which will be played at EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City.

Larrylegend
04-13-2009, 03:29 PM
The only exception is the west regional which will be played at EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City.

Looking forward to seeing the Zags play at EnergySolutions next March.

mtzaga
04-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Zags play at EnergySolutions next March.

Hard not to call it The Delta Center. I did not know they changed the name.

skan72
04-13-2009, 03:44 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=538249

1. No more home games
2. Get rid of the "last 12"
3. Fewer domes in the early rounds

By the last 12 do you mean the 14-16 seeds?

BobZag
04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
By the last 12 do you mean the 14-16 seeds?

The final 12 games of the season. In the past, the committee would look at the last 12 games, and how good/bad the team had done weighed into their selection or seeding decision.

CTDeSmetZagAlum
04-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Putting more honor/value into the NIT, how about the NCAA selection committee grant an automatic bid the prior season's NIT champ?

lothar98zag
04-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Putting more honor/value into the NIT, how about the NCAA selection committee grant an automatic bid the prior season's NIT champ?
Based on the fact that in some years the previous NCAA champ doesn't even qualify for the Big Dance, I'm not sure this would be a good idea.

Zagfan62
04-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I agree that we need to get rid of the domes, as we had absolutely horrible atmospheres for these games. Look at the Final Four and Ford Field. If Gonzaga made it,and I had the tickets, that would be a horrible game to be there and watch, with no atmosphere.

However, the Zags would still be there, so i would get over it!!!

But seriously get rid of the domes. After that, don't change a dang thing, because the greatest sporting event besides the Super Bowl doesn't need that much more tweaking, IMO.