PDA

View Full Version : Another Award for Olynyk

Angelo Roncalli
04-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Outstanding HS player in B.C.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_thompson_nicola/kamloopsthisweek/sports/42842122.html

MDABE80
04-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Best teen basketball player in BC and Canada. Tall kid with range. Not sure if he's ever visited the low blocks. Needs some weight. I wonder ........the coaches know best........how we can keep a kid like this "down on the farm".

Is Kelly frail or to weak to try D1 here in the US? I haven't seen him. Sounds just too talented to pass on next year if we need shooters. Either way though....we have found an obvious jewel.

BobZag
04-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Best teen basketball player in BC and Canada. Tall kid with range. Not sure if he's ever visited the low blocks. Needs some weight. I wonder ........the coaches know best........how we can keep a kid like this "down on the farm".

Is Kelly frail or to weak to try D1 here in the US? I haven't seen him. Sounds just too talented to pass on next year if we need shooters. Either way though....we have found an obvious jewel.

Er, he has committed and will be at GU this summer.

ZagNative
04-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Is there any doubt that Kelly and Manny will be playing on the Canadian Junior National Team in the first round of the Junior Men's World Championship (http://www.basketball.ca/en/hm/inside.php?sid=1&id=2836), in New Zealand July 2-12? Or do we have to wait to find out whether they make the travel roster?

MDABE80
04-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I know BZ. I think someone posted that he was going to redshirt.....gain weight, etc. My reference to "down on the farm" was aimed at him redshirting instead of actually playing competitively. Somehow, with all these honors....it seems it wolud be hard to sit him for a full year.

Sounds like an amazing player. Sounds like he's got a great family nucleus as well. I say........without knowing enough....."turn him loose" !!

FIXED!

skan72
04-12-2009, 02:12 PM
I know BZ. I think somebone posted that he was going to redshirt.....gain weight, etc. My reference to "down on the farm" was aimed at him redshirting instead of actually playing competitively. Somehow, with all these honors....it seems it wolud be hard to sit him for a full year.

Sounds like an amazing player. Sounds like he's got a great family nucleus as well. I say........without knowing enough....."turn him loose" !!

Somebone on purpose? I was one of these "bones". Physically and defensively it would be wise for him to redshirt, because he could be a very good D1 player from the get go if he had those two "skills" honed after a year.

zag67
04-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Another reason for redshirting, would be that he is going to miss most of the summer (and therefore not learning our system (I think)). I believe this since he is going to play on the national team, therefore he will not be here practicing with the team. Therefore spending a year gaining some strength and learning our system might make sense.