PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State at K2?

ZagNative
04-10-2009, 07:45 AM
This tidbit appeared on a Fargo-Moorhead website (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/236794/) in a story primarily about Minnesota skipping its annual meeting with North Dakota State this coming season:

“We’ll have the best pre-January home schedule since I’ve been here,” said Phillips, who has been at NDSU since 2004 – three years as an assistant and the last two as the head coach.

It has been reported that the Bison will also play at Gonzaga – a perennial power that reached the Sweet 16 of this year’s NCAA tournament.

Summing up the schedule thus far, as reported on guboards:

Illinois @ United Center
Oklahoma @ Spokane Arena
Maui (Arizona, Cincinnati, Gonzaga, Maryland, Vanderbilt, Colorado, and Wisconsin)
West Virginia @ WV
Memphis @ FedExForum
WSU @ K2
Idaho @ K2
Cal State Bakersfield @ K2
North Dakota State @ K2

hondo46
04-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Is the WSU game in Pullman again next season?

kyle dixon
04-10-2009, 08:07 AM
WSU is in K2 this year right?

Goshzagit
04-10-2009, 08:11 AM
This tidbit appeared on a Fargo-Moorhead website (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/236794/) in a story primarily about Minnesota skipping its annual meeting with North Dakota State this coming season:

Summing up the schedule thus far, as reported on guboards:

Illinois @ United Center
Oklahoma @ Spokane Arena
Maui (Arizona, Cincinnati, Gonzaga, Maryland, Vanderbilt, Colorado, and Wisconsin)
West Virginia @ WV
Memphis @ FedExForum
WSU @ Pullman
Idaho @ K2
Cal State Bakersfield @ K2
North Dakota State @ K2

ND State would be a good game. They are well-coached and recruit the best shooters around. They were ranked #1 in 3 pt shooting percentage as team last year. ND State has beaten Marquette, Minnesota, and Wisconsin in the past couple years. They are an up-and-coming team that would present a challenge for Gonzaga.

One question- are we required to play WSU in Pullman for two consecutive years? I was under the impression we had a home-in-home arrangement with them, yet could have been mistaken.

ZagNative
04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Zagnative = http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Junk/goat_animated.gif

WSU @ K2

zagsdan86
04-10-2009, 08:32 AM
ND State would be a good game. They are well-coached and recruit the best shooters around. They were ranked #1 in 3 pt shooting percentage as team last year. ND State has beaten Marquette, Minnesota, and Wisconsin in the past couple years. They are an up-and-coming team that would present a challenge for Gonzaga.

They lose about 57 ppg out of their graduating seniors this year. They had 4-5 upperclassmen redshirt last year just so they could be back for this season, their first as a member of D-1. That's not to say they won't be a good challenge next year, but they won't be nearly as good as this year.

Zag 77
04-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Glad to see them on the schedule. They are a good program on the rise, and at least somewhat of a regional match.

One heck of a lot better than University of Texas @ Cow Pie or South Carolina-End-of-the Earth.

USMC69
04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
If I'm not mistaken, isn't Idaho in Moscow this year also?

BobZag
04-10-2009, 10:44 AM

No. Probably will skip a year with Idaho.

lothar98zag
04-10-2009, 11:45 AM
I think it's a pretty safe bet that all future GU-Idaho games will be in K2.