PDA

View Full Version : Katz's Top-25 Comes Out April 10, But Meanwhile

BobZag
04-09-2009, 05:17 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9437048/Preseason-forecast:-College-hoops-top-25

Zags at #21 with Jeff Goodman.

CDC84
04-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Newcomers: Sam Dower

Needless to say, Zag fans know that there will be more newcomers.

rennis
04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Without Brockman and Dentmon that rating is far too high, in my opinion, for the Huskies. They could be a top 15 team with that kind of guard talent, but they're gonna need more than that.

BobZag
04-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Without Brockman and Dentmon that rating is far too high, in my opinion, for the Huskies. They could be a top 15 team with that kind of guard talent, but they're gonna need more than that.

They were ranked #8 when they last rolled into The Kennel. They had two burger boys, too.

I like Purdue on that list.

MickMick
04-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Bol Kong will surprise a few folks.

bartruff1
04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Bol Kong will surprise a few folks. Sez Bol Kong is a hoax ?? Now come on Mick, is he a real basketball player comming to Gonzaga ???

cscz28
04-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Needless to say, Zag fans know that there will be more newcomers.

Does anyone outside of the GU community realize that Gonzaga has a bunch of international players coming into the program or do they think Dower is it?

MDABE80
04-09-2009, 07:43 PM
NOPE....and they aren't usually trusted as US basketball players until they prove themselves. It's a secret. It's nice that our guys have been up so frequently to see the two work. Manny and Bol should be even better with 6 months working with our own returness. Forms a role for them and created tougher competition. We'll learn more too. No doubt they'll contribute much though. Different roles for each of them.

As an aside though, Goodman's never been too fond of the GU teams. UW's best asset is Romar. If anyone thinks Overton is much besides a small trash talker, I'd like to know why. Gaddy should be a good kid and IT is a 5 ft 7 fearless dynamo. Loss of Brockman pretty y much empties out the bigs. So I dunno why UW should be ranked like they are.

LongIslandZagFan
04-10-2009, 06:21 AM
I just have a gut feeling that Gibbs will surprise people next year. He has been virtually forgotten even by people on this board. IIRC, he was a higher sought recruit than Meech.

BZ, any update on his shoulder?

Goshzagit
04-10-2009, 07:33 AM
I just have a gut feeling that Gibbs will surprise people next year. He has been virtually forgotten even by people on this board. IIRC, he was a higher sought recruit than Meech.

BZ, any update on his shoulder?

I hope you're right. Its been a tough road for Grant. Its hard to believe but he's actually missed more organized basketball in the past two years than Sacre has. Grant missed most of his entire Senior year recovering from an bad wrist injury and since he dislocated his shoulder the 2nd week of practice at GU, he's focused primarily on rehab rather than developing on and off the basketball court. I had the opportunity to watch Gibbs play in high school and unless he's improved light years in a very short period of time, its going to be a couple years until he's ready to make a significant impact.

Since I'm forced to watch the Big-10 play due to my geographic affiliation, I would compare Grant's game to Jason Bohannon of Wisconsin. Similar to Jason, he'll be a smart/heady bball player, an above-average shooter, skilled passer, and make very little mistakes on offense.

Grant is not as strong as Bouldin and not quite the pure shooter as Gray, but just as tall and as good of passer. He's somewhere in between as a player, if you ask me. He actually has deceptive athleticism, but appeared slower than molasses when I watched him play in HS. He needs to work on his quickness, both with the basketball and on his defense.

Butler Guy
04-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Im still having a hard time coming to grips with Butler being Top 10, preseason, that is pretty surreal. (I know, old hat here, but still surreal)

Frazzle
04-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Im still having a hard time coming to grips with Butler being Top 10, preseason, that is pretty surreal. (I know, old hat here, but still surreal)

Me too.

BobZag
04-10-2009, 08:58 AM

Butler's got it going. I was very impressed. Not surprised or feel it's surreal at all. Zags just lost three important senior starters and GU is still 20ish, I think we know where you're coming from, though.