PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Bright...

BroncoZAG615
04-09-2009, 12:52 PM
is on campus today.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2009/4/9/828839/visitor-on-campus-aaron-bright

ZagNative
04-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks, Bronco! And welcome to campus, Aaron!

HillBillyZag
04-09-2009, 01:19 PM
A great adddition to "Guard U." I hope you have a great time on campus Aaron.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Great update, Bronc! And enjoy your visit, Aaron!

IMHO, a 2010 class of Bright, Harris, and Guy Marc Michel would be rock solid.

BobZag
04-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks, BroncoZ.

Zags are looking for good PG/CG types. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out with Aaron.

justinwalshBIL
04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
we were at that MaxPreps classic that he played so well at and filmed all the games - I'll see what we can do about getting some footage put together for you guys. Good to see Bright on Campus- he'd be a good addition no doubt

BobZag
04-09-2009, 04:42 PM
With Meech at 5'11", and Bright at 5'10", and Kingma at 6'0", yeesh, the Zags could go from having one of the tallest, most physically big backcourts to one of the smallest.

thespywhozaggedme
04-09-2009, 07:05 PM
With Meech at 5'11", and Bright at 5'10", and Kingma at 6'0", yeesh, the Zags could go from having one of the tallest, most physically big backcourts to one of the smallest.

Aren't you forgetting 6'5 Manny and 6'4 Gibbs?

spudzag
04-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome Aaron. Will be interested to hear if an offer is extended during the visit or if staff will wait until the elite camp. I hope its now.

SpudDawg
04-09-2009, 10:17 PM

We'll see. Bright and Kingma have time to grow. I grew 6 inches between my 8th- and 9th-grade years.

BobZag
04-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Aren't you forgetting 6'5 Manny and 6'4 Gibbs?

Not at all. I'm just trying to remember the last time Gonzaga had up to three guards that small/short (6'0" and under).

ZagManFan
04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Not at all. I'm just trying to remember the last time Gonzaga had up to three guards that small/short (6'0" and under).

Would make a pretty good 6' and under hoopfest team :D

Goshzagit
04-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Chances are we only get one to commit, not both. Has the interest level cooled on Kingma recently? Bright appears to be slightky quicker, a better distributor & court general but Kingma's got the raivio-like stroke. who are the zags gonna choose? Either one would be a great adidtion.

BobZag
04-10-2009, 02:00 PM
They're in different classes, plus others are in the mix like Joe Harris, Gary Bell, Joe Hanstad, Nick Johnson and, I'm sure, others. I doubt the staff has cooled on any of them.

azzagfan
04-11-2009, 07:06 AM
None of the group of Santangelo, Hall and Floyd were very tall. Frahm was a bit taller, but there's 3 not very tall guards on the same Zag team (although Santangelo was a bit over 6' and Floyd was about right at 6'). That team did alright.:D

applezag
04-11-2009, 12:02 PM
After watching UW this year with OVerton, Thomas, and Dentmon, I would pause before pursuing that many short guards. Those three were effective players in a lot of ways, but definitely exposed them to some problems on the defensive end. They could pressure the heck out of the ball, but it wasn't hard to elevate over them to shoot. I'd be kind of surprised to see both Bright and Kingma in a Zag uniform.

ZagManFan
04-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Any word on how the visit went?

BobZag
04-13-2009, 08:52 AM
The bigger question: Did the Zags offer?

Scout and Rivals are aware of the visit.

MississppiZag
04-13-2009, 09:25 AM
I hope we offered Bright. Jerry Meyer said he is flying under the radar and is one of the top PG's on the west coast. He is getting overlooked because of his size, but has the package to be a high major player.

It would be nice to be the first top 20 school to offer Bright. About 3 months ago he listed Gonzaga, Arizona, and Stanford. He also, said something along the lines of...liking Gonzaga and Mark Few. He tries to model his game after Pargo.

Bright backing up Goodson in 2010 would be great.

spudzag
04-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Will be interesting to here if he was offered.

I like the idea of having a very quick point and a tall shooting guard combinations. The balance is nice for match-up but as applezag mentions, all short guards is as big a problems lack of speed.

It appears he would be a good addition and provide balance in the back court.

USMC69
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
The recruit watch list says he has already been offered. ????

ZagNative
04-14-2009, 01:26 PM
The recruit watch list says he has already been offered. ????I've got to assume that was a mistake, since I'm not seeing on Scout or Rivals that the Zags have offered. We'll fix it in the next version, which may go up sooner rather than later, to save ZN further embarrassment and also to give Terrill Stoglin the boot, since he's verbaled to Maryland.

Drew
04-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I asked my nephew if he knew AB at Easter brunch. My nephew is a year younger and said he has played AB a few times. My nephew claims it is no fun playing against AB because "he does not miss." The last time they played AB hit "like 9 shots in a row."

Angelo Roncalli
04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
I asked my nephew if he knew AB at Easter brunch. My nephew is a year younger and said he has played AB a few times. My nephew claims it is no fun playing against AB because "he does not miss." The last time they played AB hit "like 9 shots in a row."

I saw him miss a whole bunch of shots in a game that counted, the state AAA semi-finals against Columbia River, a game that a far more talented Bellevue team lost 52-51. Bright was 8-26 from the field and 4-15 on threes. He's listed on Bellevue's roster as 5'10", which, I think, is generous.

wazZag
04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
I saw him miss a whole bunch of shots in a game that counted, the state AAA semi-finals against Columbia River, a game that a far more talented Bellevue team lost 52-51. Bright was 8-26 from the field and 4-15 on threes. He's listed on Bellevue's roster as 5'10", which, I think, is generous.

I would hate to see Gray's line in the state championship game his senior year.

tyra
04-15-2009, 05:45 PM
I also saw AB in the State Semi's (v. my alma mater, Columbia River) and I too, wasn't that impressed. Then again, I saw Isiah Thomas a couple years ago when he surpassed Sean Mallon for the state tourney scoring record and I wasn't that impressed either because he didn't play any defense and didn't pass the ball. I'm man enought to admit I was totally wrong about Isiah who has turned into an exciting all-around player (I'd admit this even if it weren't patently obvious) and so I ask you all to pay no attention to me :)