PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Theodre garnering more interest...

BroncoZAG615
03-28-2007, 11:08 PM
...from Duke and Texas. Hope we can grab this kid, sounds like he is going to be the real deal. He just continues to get more and more publicity.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxNTAmZmdi ZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTcxMDEyODkmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZU VFeXk2

4EVERaZAG
03-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity for Jordan to learn from one of the best point guards in the game. I truly believe Theodore is can't miss type of talent. I hope he comes and visits so we can sign him before Texas, Duke and others extend offers as well.

Nevtelen
03-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Wow, sounds like he might be really blowing up. I'm not sure we'll get him before the super-elite programs start swooping in... Hey, if he likes working with Nash enough, maybe he'd like working with Stockton, too. We can always hope - that's a big advantage at "Guard U".

sdzag
03-29-2007, 05:36 AM
I got confused when at the bottom it said "Blog: northjersey.com/zagsblog", But the writers names was ADAM ZAGORIA. Just makes you think if it is a sign that Jordan should stop thinking about it and become a a zag!

omahazag
03-29-2007, 06:45 AM
If Gonzaga can pull this kid from the East Coast I'd be very impressed. I thought getting Pargo out of Chicago was huge but a kid from New Jersey.....that would say a lot for where the GU program is now.

EL MUSTACIO
03-29-2007, 07:28 AM
Yes, this would be a huge get. i was looking over at rivals.com the other day and i looked at rankings in the '08 class. For point guards he was about number 6!! Hes quickly coming along...now ranked a four star on rivals after a previous 3 star. I would love for him to come play for us. JT all the way!

CDC84
03-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Yes, this would be a huge get. i was looking over at rivals.com the other day and i looked at rankings in the '08 class. For point guards he was about number 6!!

He's likely going to get higher, and not just because of the new teams that are after him. The Gauchos are one of the best AAU teams in the nation, and he's their starting point guard. He's going to be evaluated by a lot of people this spring/summer.

JAGzag
03-29-2007, 08:36 AM
For anyone with real insight, do we know what are chances are?

BobZag
03-29-2007, 08:48 AM
For anyone with real insight, do we know what are chances are?

Zags lead. But things can change between now and official visit time in September or October. As of now, though, Zags are in the lead.

EL MUSTACIO
03-29-2007, 09:17 AM
BZ, who else is gonna put up a fight?

BobZag
03-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Things change, recruiting is fluid, but right now Marquette and Memphis appear to be the two biggest threats. It'll likely change, though.

JAGzag
03-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Zags lead. But things can change between now and official visit time in September or October. As of now, though, Zags are in the lead.

If we're in the lead, then where the hell is the finish line?! Sign the kid up!

BobZag
03-29-2007, 10:28 AM
If we're in the lead, then where the hell is the finish line?! Sign the kid up!

Finish Line: In November, the signing period for Letters of Intent. :)

ZagAddict
03-29-2007, 09:16 PM
The longer JT's recruitment process goes on the less likely I think he picks GU. I hate to be negative about this, but history seems to show that kids that wait until close to the LOI date (November) chose the bigger schools over GU (i.e. Farmar, Thompson, Fields, etc.). I have confidence in our coaching staff and their ability to bring in talent for '08, I don't have confidence that an elite PG from the east coast will pass on the glitz and glamor of larger programs at the end of the day. I hope I'm wrong on this, but I also hope the staff doesn't put all their eggs in one basket for a PG...

CDC84
03-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Fields

Gonzaga cooled off on Landry Fields well before he verbaled to Stanford. He wasn't a recruit that Gonzaga lost. The Zags definitely did want Farmar and Thompson though. The Zags came closer with Farmar than they did Deon, BTW.

BZ is on top of this folks....Theodore likes Gonzaga a lot. IMO, his recruitment is kind of resembling Matt Bouldin's recruitment. At least I'd like to think so. I remember when several people, including myself, were a bit distraught when Matt didn't make an unofficial visit to Gonzaga the spring before his senior year. I thought Gonzaga was running a real risk, and sure enough, UConn started coming after him big time that summer. But Matt just loved Gonzaga and its system. It is to my understanding that JT likes this program in ways that go beyond it just being a winning program.

Nevtelen
03-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I agree that if he blows up this summer, JT will probably go to some bigger name back East. I'm sure the staff has another choice out there somewhere, or will find one, but I guess I can always hope... If he comes out on a visit fairly soon, it might help our cause. If not... well, I'll cross my fingers. Man, he would be a great, great get.

zagfever86
03-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Yeah, I agree that if he blows up this summer, JT will probably go to some bigger name back East. I'm sure the staff has another choice out there somewhere, or will find one, but I guess I can always hope... If he comes out on a visit fairly soon, it might help our cause. If not... well, I'll cross my fingers. Man, he would be a great, great get.

That player is Brad Tinsley and he's right here in our own backyard.

gamagin
03-30-2007, 07:49 AM
knows, too, I am sure, that he could be getting tips for four years from the best point guard in the history of the game if he comes to Gonzaga.

wazZag
03-30-2007, 07:57 AM
I've always imagined that coaches show recruits videos of players in the program to show the role that the PSA could potentially fill. Showing JT what Pargo does, and is allowed to do within the system might be a good sell. It sounds like JT is a scorer ala Pargo.

Nevtelen
03-30-2007, 08:33 AM

Tinsley sounds good and I'd be glad to have him (with or without JT), but I got the impression he's more of a 2 than a 1. We really need a solid PG in Jordan's class, I think.

EL MUSTACIO
03-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Except for Pargo was but a passer last year and cooled off quite a bit at the end of this season. But yes, he was an awesome scorer for the first 4/6 of this year. When he was on his game, he was unstoppable however. I think that Pargo wll be an even better scorer next year depeding what he works on in the offseason. If we get Jordan, lets hope he is more consistent

BobZag
03-30-2007, 08:59 AM

Your wish may come true. Personally, I'd take both. Brad's weaknesses are JT's strengths and JT's weaknesses are Brad's strengths. A real nice complement to each other. Brad is high on the radar.

wazZag
03-30-2007, 09:15 AM
But yes, he was an awesome scorer for the first 4/6 of this year.4/6's can be reduced to 2/3rds. HOLLA!

(This post contains the full extent of my mathematical knowledge).