PDA

View Full Version : Rebound Leader in 09-10?

75Zag
04-06-2009, 09:16 AM
This year I was frustrated by the Bulldogs lack of inside power, particularly on the boards. Maybe Sacre's injury was the reason we were so delicate in the paint, or maybe not. To me, flying elbows, opponent's broken cheekbones, black eyes and ten-digit rebound superiority are the keys to success beyond the WCC.

Who is likely to be our Blake Griffin or Tyler Hansbrough for the 09 -10 season?

BobZag
04-06-2009, 10:28 AM
I'll say Sacre now, but reserve the right to change my choice when I watch them all play together in pickup games next September. :)

Ezag
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
If Daye is still here, he will be the leading rebounder

cjm720
04-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Daye

Go Zags!

pbriz
04-06-2009, 11:53 AM
This last year we were forced into playing the zone due to a lack of post-depth and as a result our rebound suffered. We have the depth next year so we should play a lot less zone and our rebounding will improve, along with Sacre getting minutes in the post.

I think Daye gets about 8 next year, and barely edges out Rob (just because I think he will get more minutes)

spudzag
04-06-2009, 12:12 PM
My money's on Rob. That's the biggest reason he's here.

dpouley
04-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Hopefully its Sacre.

If Sacre is the leading rebounder then I think that the Zags have found a pretty serious big man and added a lot to their game. If it is not Sacre hopefully it is one of the new guys, because if Sacre is not cleaning the glass then I fear that rebounding will be a weakness.

I remember the thread that slammed Josh pretty hard after the UNC game and while I do not totally agree with the treatment of Josh, I think that it is disappointing that he was not a more dominant big. In hindsight it wasn't his game, but having someone that dominates the boards is so key to everything else in this game.

Watching Brockman at the UW over the last four years has been a true pleasure and if the Zags had someone like that...WOW!!

OZZag
04-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Big Rob is my choice, he showed in glimpses during the OSC that he had matured. He will be in his third year of the Zags system and will have had a fair amount of work put into him by the staff on what is expected of him.

We all know that he has the physical tools to anchor this team, a combination of maturity (knowing that he is now the #1 big for the team) and instruction should get him over the line.

10 ppg and 8 rpg and 2 bpg in 24 mpg (barring any fould trouble).