Total 153o/u 153o/u
Total money line -110

RenoZag
04-05-2009, 09:01 PM
So if the Spartans beat UNC, it's

a) mild upset,

b) big upset, or

c) no big deal, considering the home court advantage Izzo's men will enjoy

Just curious as to what others here think.

zagfan08
04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
As much as I'm rooting for the Spartans, I would have to take UNC plus the points. I just don't think there's a team that can play them too close right now.

LynetteG
04-06-2009, 07:07 AM
As a Wolverine, I never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but GO SPARTANS!!!!!!

gamagin
04-06-2009, 07:50 AM
that MSU will rise to the occasion, do to UNC what it has done to others by discouraging those mid range shots somewhat; taking its share of boards at either end by playing ugly and angry underneath; tus allowing themselves a chance to stay close and possibly even pressing UNC into the catch up, keep up mode UNC does so well to others.

So far, even when playing poorly offensively, UNC has not been seriously threatened. They need to be taken out of their game. They need to be rattled the way they rattle others. then need to get worried like they have worried others.

Of course, the Tar Heels have so far avoided all that because they are better than their opponents. So far. But this is only one game. Anyone CAN win. But I don't think anyone can beat UNC unless they do to them what UNC has done to everyone else so far, grab the momenum and the game and never let go for 40 minutes.

johnwzag
04-06-2009, 09:10 AM

a) mild upset,

b) big upset, or

I did not have MSU going this far. They have proved to be a tough team that has suprised me. The home court advantage is a big deal. Mr Lawson will be the MVP that holds together the UNC team. I would call it a mild upset if Lawson has a bad game. If Lawson plays as he has been playing and MSU wins -- It will be a big upset.

75Zag
04-06-2009, 09:21 AM
I have pretty much lost interest in betting NCAA at this point, but if I was betting, UNC giving the points is a pretty safe bet.

The O/U is more interesting.

lothar98zag
04-06-2009, 12:03 PM

a) mild upset,

b) big upset, or

IMHO, b4 the tourney started MSU over UNC in the finals would be a big upset. Now, after 5 tourney games, I'd say it would be a mild upset. I think UNC will win tonight, but - and this might be more hope as a viewer than reason - I think it will be a close game throughout and the final margin will be under 10 points.

LongIslandZagFan
04-06-2009, 12:58 PM
As a Wolverine....

We all have our faults Lynette... perhaps some day you can learn to root for the correct Michigan team... you know... the one that wears green. I still root for the Blue and Maize when you play the team that wears red to the south...

Red is the color of evil
Ohio State wears red proudly
Hence Ohio State is evil.

GO SPARTANS!!!!!!!

fyi... born and spent 13 yrs in Lansing/East Lansing area... I'm a State boy through and through... except when they play the Zags.

gamagin
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM

a) mild upset,

b) big upset, or

b. having lost by, what, 35 points earlier, I'd say UNC has their number. Unless MSU manages to field a whole, new, highly motivated, crazy team that can play outside itself for this game. Izzo is among the best one-game coaches I've seen when it comes to prep. But, imo , it's UNC's to lose.

LongIslandZagFan
04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
b. having lost by, what, 35 points earlier, I'd say UNC has their number. Unless MSU manages to field a whole, new, highly motivated, crazy team that can play outside itself for this game. Izzo is among the best one-game coaches I've seen when it comes to prep. But, imo , it's UNC's to lose.

Don't forget... that loss was early and MSU did not have Suton.

gamagin
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Don't forget... that loss was early and MSU did not have Suton.

take off 10-15 points . . . hell, take 20

LynetteG
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
We all have our faults Lynette....

lol...actually I root for the Spartans at all times except against UM and Gonzaga. MSU was the 2nd team to start recruiting Jordan (1st was Gonzaga), my husband graduated from MSU, not to mention one of my sisters did, too. We 4 sisters consist of 3 UM grads and 1 MSU grad... 3 out of 4 isn't too bad ;). Even though hubby earned his undergrad from MSU, he is redeeming himself by earning his MBA at Gonzaga.

Btw, loved your if A=B and B=C, then A=C logic!

LongIslandZagFan
04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
lol...actually I root for the Spartans at all times except against UM and Gonzaga. MSU was the 2nd team to start recruiting Jordan (1st was Gonzaga), my husband graduated from MSU, not to mention one of my sisters did, too. We 4 sisters consist of 3 UM grads and 1 MSU grad... 1 out of 4 isn't going to cut it ;). Even though hubby earned his undergrad from MSU, he is redeeming himself by earning his MBA at Gonzaga.

Btw, loved your if A=B and B=C, then A=C logic!

I think your proportions were wrong... I fixed it for you. I like your hubby... Sounds like he has his priorities straight.

BTW parents have 5 degrees from MSU... and a lone one from Notre Dame.

bballbeachbum
04-06-2009, 02:46 PM
1. Walton on Lawson, that could be key, Lucious on Lawson, Lucas on Lawson...whoever on Lawson is the key, both on O and D...cut off the head and attack him, attack him, attack him, on O and D, or UNC runs all over the floor.

2. MSU must win the rebound battle, and Hansbough will take it personally to not allow that, to salt his legacy away. Would be nice to see Gray, Suton, Green and all take it to him from jump street, get after him all the time hard, relentlessly; No Dunks. Foul him hard and make him earn it, and take pride in it. The whistles will blow around him anyway, so hammer him for it.

But if Lawson operates normally, UNC is too good. Even if Lawson is mitigated, the rebound battle is critical, or else UNC runs all over the floor, with Lawson or without.

3. And MSU better shoot well and execute optimally on O, or UNC runs all over the floor.

I don't think MSU can afford to come up short on even one of these three things and win. The crowd gives them a better chance, hopefully early, as gamagin said to put that pressure on UNC...I'd like to see their response to being down with the crowd against them, hopefully a lousy one

LynetteG
04-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I think your proportions were wrong... I fixed it for you.
LMAO!!!!! Thanks.... you know I is a Michigan graduate and we didn't learn no writin' or 'rithmatic in my days...