PDA

View Full Version : Official National Semifinal Prediction Thread

CDC84
04-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Michigan State vs. Connecticut, 6:07 ET/3:07 PT, CBS

Villanova vs. North Carolina, 8:47 ET/5:47 PT, CBS

I'm going with Michigan State and North Carolina to advance to the final, but I will be rooting for Villanova to win the whole deal.

Two things to watch for in the MSU/UConn game = Can MSU's bigs draw Thabeet away from the basket? How much of an influence will the pro-Sparty home crowd have?

Two things to watch for in the Nova/UNC game = How does Ty Lawson defend Scottie Reynolds, who is capable of putting up big numbers in big games? Lawson has a history of being lit up defensively by athletic guards who are offensively talented. Also, can Wildcat big man Dante Cunningham stay out of foul trouble against UNC's deep frontline?

ZagMan in Philly
04-03-2009, 05:59 PM
I will go with:
Michigan State and Nova

jim77
04-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Mich ST. and UNC.

If you saw Michigan State at the begining of the year you have to be surprised. They weren't good in Florida and UNC absolutely ran them off of the floor. (minus Suton) Izzo has them playing the best "D" in the country. I'd love to see a RE-Match. GO SPARTIES!

supafly03
04-04-2009, 02:05 AM
I think it will be UConn vs. North Carolina.

Sure, Michigan State will play at home, but i don't think that Price and the rest of the Huskies will let that get between them and a place in the final.
I also wouldn't mind Villanova winning it all, but if Lawson keeps playing the way he's played during the tournament, there's no team that will stop UNC from cutting down the nets on Monday.

RenoZag
04-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Mich St &. UNC winners today, UNC takes it on Monday night

BobZag
04-04-2009, 10:38 AM
UConn > Sparty
UNC > Nova

That's who I THINK will win. I will be pulling for Sparty and Nova.

UberZagFan
04-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm going with Michigan State and North Carolina to advance to the final, but I will be rooting for Villanova to win the whole deal.

Uber's thoughts exactly. As he stated in another thread, UNC has enough rings--let 'Nova get another.

Uber is rooting for Mich St and Nova which means UNC and UConn will be in the final game and Uber will have to root for the lesser of two evils which is UNC in Uber's mind.

cbbfanatic
04-04-2009, 02:05 PM
big east final...

thats what i would LIKE to see anyway

Akzag
04-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I'll pick Michigan State over UConn ... say, 82-73 ;)

NEC26
04-04-2009, 04:55 PM
After hearing the talk of the Big East being the best conference ever I would love to see UNC take out Villanova.

BobZag
04-04-2009, 04:56 PM
I'll pick Michigan State over UConn ... say, 82-73 ;)

Cheat! :p