PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Stoglin to Maryland?

pbriz
04-02-2009, 01:22 PM
http://tucsoncitizen.com/blog/view/1403

ZagNative
04-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Wow. Sure looks like it. Good find.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Well done, Pbriz. Nice job by Gary Williams pulling him out of the southwest and getting him all the way to the northeast. Maybe this will help alleviate some of his flop sweat for the rest of the week.

justinwalshBIL
04-02-2009, 09:54 PM
this makes things less clogged for the PG recruiting at Gonzaga. Also, little update for you guys, LaBradford got a call from a...well you know him, you love him, Ray Ray Giacoletti. LB told me he loved it, that he and his family will be taking a visit this summer (unofficial of course, not old enough for the official yet) and that Gonzaga was his number 1 *as you guys know*. And with the only Stoglin to Maryland, It's just a Bright Franklin ish' now. And I have some wonderful info on who's in the lead :)

justinwalshBIL
04-02-2009, 09:54 PM
haha sorry I gave him to Ray's, that was pure accidental. But it does make his name look all uncle-like

BobZag
04-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks, Justin.

One little thing I noticed about Stoglin was how many shots he'd take and how few were made. I forget the games but he was around 7-25 from the field. So, while he put up good numbers, it seemed he sure took a lot of shots to get them.

There are two 5-day open gym weeks in April. These replace the coaches going to AAU Tournies. Keep an eye out. Since LF didn't play this high school season, the staff will study/evaluate/scout him with a keen eye.

justinwalshBIL
04-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah, he understands that and told me he really wants to do well. But outside of that, somebody told me when Gonzaga went out to see Aaron Bright play in the playoffs recently that he played mediocre to say the least. Not in any way downing Bright because I know he's a solid player from watching him a few times, but is it true that when Gonzaga came to see him at state they came away slightly disappointed?

Angelo Roncalli
04-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah, he understands that and told me he really wants to do well. But outside of that, somebody told me when Gonzaga went out to see Aaron Bright play in the playoffs recently that he played mediocre to say the least. Not in any way downing Bright because I know he's a solid player from watching him a few times, but is it true that when Gonzaga came to see him at state they came away slightly disappointed?

Bright had a sub-par game in the state 3A semi-finals, went 8-26, and Bellevue ended up losing by 1 to underdog Columbia River.

justinwalshBIL
04-03-2009, 09:48 AM
sheesh that's rough to have a baaaad game like that with the recruiters watching.

BobZag
04-03-2009, 09:51 AM

One coach saw Aaron in the earlier state games and came away impressed, really liked him, and another coach saw his championship game and Aaron had a subpar game...but as far as I know, the staff likes Aaron. That's why these open gyms in April and the camps/tourneys in July are so important. Plus, the elite camp at Gonzaga where many recruits will be.

justinwalshBIL
04-03-2009, 09:56 AM
I agree. But at least now we know that there are 2 spots open....We know they'll give a full ride to one. It's between Bright and Franklin. Whichever makes the TEAM better is who should get the spot. Or (I hesitate to say this, but we have to consider it) what if Bol Kong doesn't get his Visa? My friend a sports writer for the major market in Canada who's met Kong told me that he's still having trouble getting the proper stuff in order. It'd be a tragedy if he couldn't get in...But if he doesn't, that'd open up another scholie for 2010 and they could both get offers, making a loaded backcourt for years to come