PDA

View Full Version : Few turns down Arizona coaching job (w/ link)

hegotit!
04-01-2009, 01:09 PM
http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_040109_few.924b764d.html

gozagswoohoo
04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Pmta

hockeyzag
04-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association??

lothar98zag
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association??
not quite, but awesome in their own way.

SWZag
04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
A pretty neat comment at the bottom of that article left by a reader.

My brother is a big Zags fan and so I sent Mark Few a birthday card for him to sign and mail to my brother.

He did it.

My brother couldn't brag enough that Mark Few sent him a birthday card. Took him a month to realize it was my handwriting for the address.

Few is class and I hope he realized that the fan following is worth more than $. It is a sport after all.

Mark is a great asset in more ways that one! Great individual.

SWZag

lothar98zag
04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
:D

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1615324/rumors_that_mark_few_is_the_new_arizona.html?cat=1 4
Rumors that Mark Few is the New Arizona Wildcats Men's Basketball Coach are Wandering the Internet

...The internet rumors are stemming from several web-sites, which include the Spokesman Review, a Gonzaga basketball message board, and an Arizona student newspaper web-site...

:D

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 03:18 PM
And the funny thing is that they are referring to the scout message board.

ZagHouse
04-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Just visited the Spokesman website--but there's nothing remotely close to any info on Few--unless you count comments made by readers after an article.

FuManShoes
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM
more unnamed sources. why should we believe this anymore than we don't believe the stories saying Few and AZ were colose to a deal?

lothar98zag
04-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Just visited the Spokesman website--but there's nothing remotely close to any info on Few--unless you count comments made by readers after an article.
...might be refering to Jim Meehan's blog:
yesterday - http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2009/mar/31/wrap-and-some-links/
today - http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2009/apr/01/oregon-keeping-kent-arizona-looking/

outrunu
04-01-2009, 04:04 PM
And the funny thing is that they are referring to the scout message board.
When I saw the link, I went and looked. Can honest to God say it was the first time I've been there. Seems to me if they could get rid of 2 posters it would be at least tolerable, but there is a lot of hate over there. Glad I never went over there in December!!!!

Mr Vulture
04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Sportscenter reported that Few turned down the Arizona job and was their number one target. Also, reported that Ernie Kent is being retained at Oregon to be their head coach while they hired the top recruiter from Lute Olsens staff to be their Associate Head Coach.

If Few turned down Arizona, which it sounds like he did, and Oregon has hired a guy to eventually take over their program....I would be shocked if Mark Few were to ever leave Gonzaga. I have always thought that Oregon would be the job he could leave GU for....

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 04:23 PM
When I saw the link, I went and looked. Can honest to God say it was the first time I've been there. Seems to me if they could get rid of 2 posters it would be at least tolerable, but there is a lot of hate over there. Glad I never went over there in December!!!!

Uber too. Uber can't remember the last time he went on that board (two months?), but wow. The insults, fighting, and especially the language is way out of bounds. Hope there is a disclaimer somewhere on that site that says it is in no way affiliated with Gonzaga University.

Angelo Roncalli
04-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Uber too. Uber can't remember the last time he went on that board (two months?), but wow. The insults, fighting, and especially the language is way out of bounds. Hope there is a disclaimer somewhere on that site that says it is in no way affiliated with Gonzaga University.

The place is a sandbox, with everything you might find in a sandbox.

lothar98zag
04-01-2009, 04:47 PM
The place is a sandbox, with everything you might find in a sandbox.
if sandbox = litterbox, then yes, I agree.

Nevtelen
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
AN entertaining litterbox though.

I don't even really agree with that. If people are going to be bigoted, ignorant, foul-mouthed, and belligerent, they could at least be entertaining about it, but it's just not the case. I go over a couple of times a season and invariably remember immediately why I don't check it more often. I agree with Uber.

Shanachie
04-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I personally dont think there is such a thing as being bigoted on the internet

Huh? You're kidding, right?

Once and Future Zag
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I'd say a person's true character comes out when they can hide behind the veil of anonymity.

Once they can cast off the pretense of accountability - then... oh then do we see true nature come shining through.

Which is to say - I'm really a sarcastic jerk :)

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 08:41 PM
There's a difference between taking someone seriously and putting up with clearly racist, insulting, and derogatory comments. Sarcasm is one thing; hiding behind the internet like its a white hood is another. It's too bad that many opposing team's fans find their way to scout.com before they make it here. It's a good thing that GUBoards can overcome that first impression.