PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few will not take Arizona job!

basketballzag
04-01-2009, 09:56 AM
You guys are fueling up a story where no story exists. Mark is staying in Spokane and is not leaving. Confirmed he is staying.

sullyzag66
04-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Proverbs 11:29

Pargo the Destroyer
04-01-2009, 10:04 AM
:link:

Das Zagger
04-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Confirmed he is staying.

You text him?

theirishzag03
04-01-2009, 10:07 AM
You text him?

I tried, but I got this message---"the customer you are trying to reach is unavailable or has travelled outside the covereage area...."

tenniszag
04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Just heard from an inside source Jeff Capel to Arizona. They should be announcing it tomorrow morning. Looks like we can rest easy.

gu03alum
04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I just talked to my source and I was told that there is no way that he is leaving.

Pargo the Destroyer
04-01-2009, 10:12 AM
My source tells me its cold outside, and that its almost lunchtime, I am not able to confirm this via :link: but trust me, its a credible source on the inside.

cggonzaga
04-01-2009, 10:12 AM
My source says Few is leaving for Memphis. If you can't beat em, join em!

RenoZag
04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Proverbs 11:29

This story is more like "breaking" wind. . .:p

gu03alum
04-01-2009, 10:14 AM
I just talked to my source and I was told that there is no way that he is leaving.

It's a good source.

Salsageek
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
I like soy sauce and good news! :p

It's a good source.

gamagin
04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
This story is more like "breaking" wind. . .:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs

Das Zagger
04-01-2009, 10:25 AM
I tried, but I got this message---"the customer you are trying to reach is unavailable or has travelled outside the covereage area...."

I think its safe to say that Coach Few is not a Verizon client.

BobZag
04-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Few is waiting for the Virginia job to-- Doh! Already taken.

Pargo the Destroyer
04-01-2009, 10:36 AM
my source also said that i should say my prayers and eat my vitamins.

My source?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/SEAHAWKS78/hulk-hogan.jpg

SpokastSports
04-01-2009, 10:41 AM
This story annoys me. I can't decide whether this is Fanhouse pranking me or not.
http://ncaatournament.fanhouse.com/2009/04/01/is-mark-few-next-arizona-coach/

Das Zagger
04-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I dunno about your sources guys, but they are all rediculous. I heard straight from the man that Coach Few IS going to Arizona...

However, I also heard that Leon Rice is NOT the replacement. Gonzaga will hire Coach K, who has worn out his welcome at Duke, underachieving for years...

Its offical Zag fans, Coach K is a Zag, coach Few is a Cat...

From the time I have spent reading on this board, I seem to trust BobZag. He isnt a know-it-all type of guy, and I trust him. I wouldnt be surprised if he really is actually talking to the Few's himself... I feel safe that Few is staying here at Gonzaga. Why would he leave? Gonzaga is the greatest school, has the best fans, and the best community in America!!

GO ZAGS!!!

wut?

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
wut?

sarcasm tags were missing.

zagsballer
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
In a developing story, Sport Center just said "mark few said no thank you to the Arizona job."

relief

Krobbins34
04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Just said Few said no thanks to Arizona

GUZagDenver
04-01-2009, 11:00 AM
God I love that man

mainer6
04-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Cal goes to Memphis Few stays put. So, I guess that makes us the most prestigious "Mid-Major" without a doubt.

one cheek
04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
I had breakfast at Sherrys with Bouldin and his girlfreind a few weeks ago before the dance and he told me that Few ain't going anywhere. In fact he reassured the team when the rumors arose like they do every year.

sullyzag66
04-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Speaks volumes about the character of Mark Few.. It almost makes you want to go to Fews house right now, and thank him.
He's probably gone fishin'.

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
So if Few really did rebuke AZ, then he just must be plain crazy. Everyone knows that he can't with a NC at GU and likely can't get to a FF. Moving on UP to the U of A would have put him in a position with win the NC. Crazy crazy crazy, Uber tells you.

p.s. If UW, Indiana, and UA have all been rebuffed and UO is now out for the timebeing, what is left to reject?

CDC84
04-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I think there is good reason to believe - and this was insinuated in that article Angelo posted - that Oregon approached Few, and when he said no, they decided to stick with Ernie for another year. If they were going to make a move for "their guy," this is the time. Having Ernie on board for another year allows them to see if he'll work out with new assistants and such, and if not, they can start looking for a new guy toward the end of next season. It is always a wise idea to begin a coaching search prior to the season ending so that the new hire is in place for recruiting season.

The only jobs that are left for Few to reject are the truly elite ones, and the guys who head those jobs aren't leaving anytime soon and are unlikely to ever be fired as long as they stay there.

dpouley
04-01-2009, 11:29 AM
The only jobs that are left for Few to reject are the truly elite ones, and the guys who head those jobs aren't leaving anytime soon and are unlikely to ever be fired as long as they stay there.

I think that Indiana is a truly elite job, albeit in really bad shape when it was offered to him.

I also think that Arizona is one of the top 5 jobs in NCAA hoops. Their basketball revenue is more than UW and UCLA's put together, they have a brand name that is known world wide, they recruit nationally, regularly land MCDs AAs and they have a fan base that is enormous.

If Few rebuffed Zona, then I think there is not a school in the country that will pry him away from SPokane...unless Oregon makes another run in a Few* years (pun intended).

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I think there is good reason to believe - and this was insinuated in that article Angelo posted - that Oregon approached Few, and when he said no, they decided to stick with Ernie for another year. If they were going to make a move for "their guy," this is the time. Having Ernie on board for another year allows them to see if he'll work out with new assistants and such, and if not, they can start looking for a new guy toward the end of next season. It is always a wise idea to begin a coaching search prior to the season ending so that the new hire is in place for recruiting season.

That may be true about UO but doubtful that ever comes out because Few won't let out that he turned down his bud--apparently he doesn't feel the same about UA unless UA leaked the rejection. But if true, then yes only the elite ones are left and of those there are only a few that may be options in the next decade (UNC may come open in the next decade; Duke/UCLA doubtful; UConn yes). So in ten years we will be hearing, "Now in his 20th year as head coach of the Gonzaga Bulldogs, with an overall record of 522-128, ...MARK FEW!"

p.s. Daye Daye....Uber was speaking in the devil's advocate voice. ;)

jim77
04-01-2009, 11:35 AM
It just wouldn't be the same without him....I'm very glad he is staying. GO ZAGS!

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 12:02 PM
OK Uber... I'm still learning who's who over here. Im glad to know you believe in Gonzaga as much as I do!

NP. Uber was just acting like all those posters that have been saying on this board for the past 4-5 years (maybe longer) that if Lute leaves UA, then Few would jump at that move in a heartbeat because it would give him a chance to win a NC and that school would fit his style in a lot of other ways. Many, many said UA was the best match for Few (other than GU). Next came Oregon, which many said he would leave for because it's his alma mater. Uber never really understood that line of reasoning: if Few already made a poor decision in attending the UO, why would he exacerbate it by returning there to coach?

Anyway....we finally have seen Few reject two of the so-called biggest draws for Few leaving GU.

jazzdelmar
04-01-2009, 12:07 PM
few spurning down the cats is great karma.......

NOZaga
04-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Am I the only one that wanted Few gone?

LongIslandZagFan
04-01-2009, 12:13 PM

Yes.

NontradZag
04-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Yep.

Goshzagit
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM

Am I the only one who wants you gone?

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM

Good thing we don't all get what we wish for...

NontradZag
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Nope.

billyberu
04-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Nope. It's unanimous.

Nevtelen
04-01-2009, 12:22 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

theirishzag03
04-01-2009, 12:24 PM

No---you are not the only one who is frustrated! My only fear if he left would be losing some of the recruits. I like Few, and think he has done a good job, but his lack of using his bench (Davidson and UNC) is insane! Depth WAS a huge advantage for us, but come tourney time he contracts the substitution pattern. No way Ira should have been stuck on the bench until 3:00 min left! He got 3 boards and 7 pts, Josh didn't get ONE the whole game. We needed his athleticism and fouls to give. Josh couldn't play D for 7-8 minutes in fear of getting number 3. Jeremy should not have been left in to get his 3rd in the 1st half.

I hope he learned, but I said that after Davidson. So we lost Larry to transfer.
I for one am tired of the "lower the expectations" theory, when if he didn't have them he WOULD go somewhere else. So, it looks like he is staying, and next year we have all the pieces. We have youth and talent (Dower, Arop, Kong, Harris, Oly) A true center and backup(Sacre and Polling) Senior (Bouldin) juniors (Daye and Gray) a true point (Goodson)....so NO excuses and low expectations!

lothar98zag
04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Who let Lorenzo Romar start posting here?

NOZaga
04-01-2009, 12:28 PM
You guys are such haters. Not to mention delusional. If you want to sit around and just have a love fest for everything Gonzaga then go ahead. I'm allowed to have an opinion and I'm going to express it.

Few is a good coach, but when was the last time we did anything in the tournament? I sure wouldn't count beating Akron and W. Kent as a successful tournament. We played two teams obviously not as good as us and when we finally played what I would call a good team (UNC) we looked liked we didn't belong....the reason: we didn't belong on that court with them and it showed. They ran us out of the gym. I was embarrassed to be honest. I woudn't count our sweet 16 from a few years ago a success either considering we completely blew our lead at the end of the game. Other than those two years, we have lost in the tournament to a team we obviously better and more talented than for quite some time. Davidson, Indiana, Nevada, Texas Tech, Wyoming, etc.

I don't knot about you guys but I'm sick and tired of getting annihilated from the perimeter. If Few sticks around I'd like to work on some DEFENSE. Which we do not have and have not had for a long time.

CDC84
04-01-2009, 12:29 PM
I also think that Arizona is one of the top 5 jobs in NCAA hoops

I wouldn't agree with this. Arizona has zero tradition and proof it can survive multiple coaching changes like Kansas, UCLA, North Carolina, etc. It's Lute Olson University until proven otherwise.

It's true that Indiana is an elite job. My bad. It belongs with Kansas, UCLA, etc. Maybe a slight notch below.

cjm720
04-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Nozaga, your use of "we" is almost as delusional as your post.

Saxon_zag
04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
You guys are such haters. Not to mention delusional. If you want to sit around and just have a love fest for everything Gonzaga then go ahead. I'm allowed to have an opinion and I'm going to express it.

Few is a good coach, but when was the last time we did anything in the tournament? I sure wouldn't count beating Akron and W. Kent as a successful tournament. We played two teams obviously not as good as us and when we finally played what I would call a good team (UNC) we looked liked we didn't belong....the reason: we didn't belong on that court with them and it showed. They ran us out of the gym. I was embarrassed to be honest. I woudn't count our sweet 16 from a few years ago a success either considering we completely blew our lead at the end of the game. Other than those two years, we have lost in the tournament to a team we obviously better and more talented than for quite some time. Davidson, Indiana, Nevada, Texas Tech, Wyoming, etc.

I don't knot about you guys but I'm sick and tired of getting annihilated from the perimeter. If Few sticks around I'd like to work on some DEFENSE. Which we do not have and have not had for a long time.

You know they beat oklahoma as bad as they beat us right? Just accept maybe the whole "best college team possibly ever" might just be true...

Sorry we couldn't schedule more higher seeded 2nd round opponent

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
You guys are such haters. Not to mention delusional. If you want to sit around and just have a love fest for everything Gonzaga then go ahead. I'm allowed to have an opinion and I'm going to express it. Uber's guess is while you may be allowed to have the opinion, you won't be able to offer it on here for that much longer at this rate.

Kidding right? A four seed lost to a one in the NCAA tourney? What a disappointment. And if you don't WKU was a good team, you need to watch some more college hoops. Defense? Look up the numbers for this year and get back to us. Drivel.

hegotit!
04-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Link

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_040109_few.924b764d.html

gu03alum
04-01-2009, 12:55 PM
sometimes i miss the banned posters because they can be good for entertainment purposes. NOZaga enjoy your banned life with Gonzaga dynasty. You two were a match made in heaven.

JLGutrocks
04-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Link

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_040109_few.924b764d.html

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/JLGutrocks/dancechrisfarley.gif

dpouley
04-01-2009, 01:36 PM
sometimes i miss the banned posters because they can be good for entertainment purposes. NOZaga enjoy your banned life with Gonzaga dynasty. You two were a match made in heaven.

I was banned last week. I missed the board.

MikeZag1987
04-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Gotta love Few's dedication to the Zags! That makes this Zag very happy!!!!

NOZAGA Are you even a Gonzaga fan? If so, do your research before you start trashing Gonzaga's defense (which was much improved this year...look at the numbers). And, WKU was no pushover.

webspinnre
04-01-2009, 02:09 PM
All this "gonzaga never does anything in the tournament" really confuses me. We were a 4 seed and made the sweet 16. Yes we've had some disappointments, but the idea that anything short of a final 4 isn't good enough baffles me. Honestly, my goal going into every year is to make the sweet 16.

cggonzaga
04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
It may not be popular opinion but I wouldn't be heartbroken if Few were to leave at some point. That's not to say I don't appreciate what he's done for the program. It's been quite the run.

FuManShoes
04-01-2009, 03:01 PM

This guy's probably long gone but he should win an award for DUMBEST POST EVER. We can debate Few's importance to the program, but there's no debating how ridiculous some of this is:
-- hyperbole

When was the last time we did anything in the tournament? Yeah, 5 Sweet 16s in 11 years is NOTHING. Jesus, man, do you know how many teams haven't even gotten to the tournament let alone consistently won games in it?
--Misspellings

I don't knot about you guys
--Specious logic

I woudn't count our sweet 16 from a few years ago a success either considering we completely blew our lead at the end of the game. How does a 3-minute flameout make an entire Sweet 16 run a failure?
Understatement

when we finally played what I would call a good team (UNC) Gee, UNC a good team, ya think?
Poor analysis

we didn't belong on that court with them and it showed. Uh, no it didn't. Did Oklahoma not belong on the court with UNC, because I seem to recall them getting smoked as well. UNC shot lights out but the Zags had a nice little offensive game themselves. The defense was poor but the Zags weren't a joke out there and pretty much any team was gonna have trouble with UNC when they are shooting like that -- and I doubt it was all due to poor defense.
--Revisionist history

Other than those two years, we have lost in the tournament to a team we obviously better and more talented than for quite some time. Davidson, Indiana, Nevada, Texas Tech, Wyoming, etc. How were the Zags "obviously better" than teams that were seeded higher, or had legit pros or better RPIs or just plain played better and eeked out a win or smoked the Zags? You play the games to determine who's better.

Zag79
04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah, 5 Sweet 16s in 11 years is NOTHING. Jesus, man, do you know how many teams haven't even gotten to the tournament let alone consistently won games in it?

and only once did we get a win in that round. look, i love few and gonzaga like everyone else on here. but the whole 5 sweet 16s in 11 years and being like kansas, nc, etc is silly. those teams have all made it much deeper when they made sweet 16 runs. im very happy with making the second weekend, thats my hope each year and i dont expect much more. BUT it sure would be nice to see the talent we have get further.

FuManShoes
04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
For what it's worth, I wasn't comparing GU to UNC, Kansas, UCLA, et al. But fact remains few teams make it to the Sweet 16 regularly. Sure the Zags blew a few chances to go farther but it's ludicrous to discount the success they have had - a track record that literally hundreds of programs would kill for.

Zag79
04-01-2009, 07:57 PM
oh i wasnt talking about you Fu, mostly just that statement in general. i do agree with you on enjoying the success!

UberZagFan
04-01-2009, 08:47 PM
How many times has GU lost to a lower seed in the Sweet 16?

cggonzaga
04-02-2009, 07:24 AM
How many times has GU lost to a lower seed in the Sweet 16?

What does that matter? Just because a team has a higher seed doesn't give them the excuse that they should lose.

FuManShoes
04-02-2009, 07:47 AM
What does that matter? Just because a team has a higher seed doesn't give them the excuse that they should lose.

Looks like Gonzaga has never lost to a lower seeded team in the Sweet 16 (Purdue (6), Mich. St. (1), UCLA (2) and UNC (1)). And really, of the losses, only the UCLA meltdown was a choke job. The Zags were simply outclassed in the others. Expectations and hopes. There is a difference, folks.

BobZag
04-02-2009, 09:46 AM
I think it's important to understand that tradition takes not just years but decades to establish. Sure, there is George Mason and some others but they tend to fade away after a while.

Gonzaga's basketball success in the Big Dance only goes back 11 years to 1999. Compare that with UNC, Duke, UK, KU, UCLA, et al. The Zags are still the new kids on the block, so to speak.

Going to 5 Sweet Sixteens in 11 years is darn good, and yes, it sure had chances to go further a couple times, but if Few & Staff keep hammering at that door, it'll open at some point.

Remember, too, that GU could've easily been to 2 more Sweet Sixteens if Skinner nails that trey or Stepp banks in the following shot in that 1-point loss to Arizona in 2003...and if Ronny simply makes his free-throws in a 2-point loss against Texas Tech in 2005, Gonzaga advances to Sweet Sixteen.

Gonzaga is literally a 10-foot bank shot and missed free-throws away from being in 7 Sweet Sixteens in 11 years, and who knows what could've happened after those.

For now, I think it's reasonable and logical to aim for 1) win the conference regular season, 2) win the conference tournament, 3) earn a protected seed (4 seed or better) in the NCAA Tournament, and 4) let 'er rip from there and shoot for the stars. (Securing a protected seed means beating some very good ooc teams)

Just my 2 pesos.

MickMick
04-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I think it's important to understand that tradition takes not just years but decades to establish. Sure, there is George Mason and some others but they tend to fade away after a while.

Gonzaga's basketball success in the Big Dance only goes back 11 years to 1999. Compare that with UNC, Duke, UK, KU, UCLA, et al. The Zags are still the new kids on the block, so to speak.

Going to 5 Sweet Sixteens in 11 years is darn good, and yes, it sure had chances to go further a couple times, but if Few & Staff keep hammering at that door, it'll open at some point.

Remember, too, that GU could've easily been to 2 more Sweet Sixteens if Skinner nails that trey or Stepp banks in the following shot in that 1-point loss to Arizona in 2003...and if Ronny simply makes his free-throws in a 2-point loss against Texas Tech in 2005, Gonzaga advances to Sweet Sixteen.

Gonzaga is literally a 10-foot bank shot and missed free-throws away from being in 7 Sweet Sixteens in 11 years, and who knows what could've happened after those.

For now, I think it's reasonable and logical to aim for 1) win the conference regular season, 2) win the conference tournament, 3) earn a protected seed (4 seed or better) in the NCAA Tournament, and 4) let 'er rip from there and shoot for the stars. (Securing a protected seed means beating some very good ooc teams)

Just my 2 pesos.

Well said BZ

sharpzag
04-02-2009, 10:07 AM
The tournament is just a terrible way to judge the success of a coach and/or a team. There is a very thin line between going to the elite 8 or losing in the sweet 16 (UCLA) and going to the sweet 16 and losing in the second round (Texas Tech, Arizona). Yet, people like to judge the success of a program by sweet 16s, elite 8s, final fours.

Furthermore, GU still does not bring in the ELITE recruits, so the times we reasonably should go deep in the dance are the times when we are loaded with juniors and seniors (e.g., 2004 w/ Blake, 2006 w/ Morrison, and 2009 with Pargo). When you look at these years, it is clear that 2004 was a bust, 2006 we were one play away from going to an elite 8 or better, and this year we simply ran into the best team in the tournament.

Finally, Mark Few is 45 years old and already has 10 years of head coaching experience under his belt. He has already made a small school in Spokane into a national brand. With every year that Few maintains the Gonzaga tradition, more and more recruits will begin looking to GU as an elite level team. Arizona became great because Lute stuck it out there. Furthermore, look at any profession, the people at the top generally have the most experience (e.g. in businessmen, lawyers, doctors). So while some may question Few's coaching ability, I would say that he is still learning everyday as he works his way towards becoming an elite coach. If Few really sticks it out at GU long term (which it now appears he will) I think we are in for many more great years of GU hoops.

gamagin
04-02-2009, 10:15 AM
The tournament is just a terrible way to judge the success of a coach and/or a team. There is a very thin line between going to the elite 8 or losing in the sweet 16 (UCLA) and going to the sweet 16 and losing in the second round (Texas Tech, Arizona). Yet, people like to judge the success of a program by sweet 16s, elite 8s, final fours.

Furthermore, GU still does not bring in the ELITE recruits, so the times we reasonably should go deep in the dance are the times when we are loaded with juniors and seniors (e.g., 2004 w/ Blake, 2006 w/ Morrison, and 2009 with Pargo). When you look at these years, it is clear that 2004 was a bust, 2006 we were one play away from going to an elite 8 or better, and this year we simply ran into the best team in the tournament.

Finally, Mark Few is 45 years old and already has 10 years of head coaching experience under his belt. He has already made a small school in Spokane into a national brand. With every year that Few maintains the Gonzaga tradition, more and more recruits will begin looking to GU as an elite level team. Arizona became great because Lute stuck it out there. Furthermore, look at any profession, the people at the top generally have the most experience (e.g. in businessmen, lawyers, doctors). So while some may question Few's coaching ability, I would say that he is still learning everyday as he works his way towards becoming an elite coach. If Few really sticks it out at GU long term (which it now appears he will) I think we are in for many more great years of GU hoops.

thanks,

cggonzaga
04-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Looks like Gonzaga has never lost to a lower seeded team in the Sweet 16 (Purdue (6), Mich. St. (1), UCLA (2) and UNC (1)). And really, of the losses, only the UCLA meltdown was a choke job. The Zags were simply outclassed in the others. Expectations and hopes. There is a difference, folks.

I'm sorry but I still don't get it? The excuse you and some others are giving is that because we're a higher seed than teams we lost to in the Sweet 16, that makes it ok? Could one not argue that we've only once beaten a higher seeded team than us in the Sweet 16? Again, I'm not knocking making 5 Sweet 16's in the past 11 years, that is fantastic. I just find it humorous that some will give the program a pass just because they aren't beating teams supposedly better than us in the tournament. You're right, there is a difference between expectations and hopes. I'm pretty sure the coaches and players are happy with Sweet 16's but I'm also pretty sure their expectations are to go further. You can believe we've been outclassed but I just don't buy that.

SpokastSports
04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Leading off of BobZag's ideas, I would like to know what the rest of you envision for this program. What I envision is...
-Above .500 Out of Conference record
-Win the WCC regular season title
-Win the WCC tournament (or at least make it to the championship)
-Make the NCAA tournament (of course the previous mentioned leads to this)
-Be seeded 1-5 in the NCAAs
-Make it to the second round (is it crazy to think of Sweet 16 annually?)

sharpzag
04-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry but I still don't get it? The excuse you and some others are giving is that because we're a higher seed than teams we lost to in the Sweet 16, that makes it ok? Could one not argue that we've only once beaten a higher seeded team than us in the Sweet 16? Again, I'm not knocking making 5 Sweet 16's in the past 11 years, that is fantastic. I just find it humorous that some will give the program a pass just because they aren't beating teams supposedly better than us in the tournament. You're right, there is a difference between expectations and hopes. I'm pretty sure the coaches and players are happy with Sweet 16's but I'm also pretty sure their expectations are to go further. You can believe we've been outclassed but I just don't buy that.

At GU we have not had top 10 teams every year. In 2004 with Blake, 2006 with Ammo, and 2009 with Pargo, we had legitimate top 10 teams. In these years, we should be striving to go deeper than a sweet 16. However, there are a lot of factors that play into how far we get in the tournament. The sample size is just too small for me to say that it is the coaches fault that we have not made an elite 8 recently.

ZagsGoZags
04-02-2009, 10:48 PM
I think we should play a few extra games in the Spokane Arena each year, charge more for season tickets (there is a waiting list) and devote all those funds to Few's salary, and building up the basketball budget. Then when other jobs come knocking, Few will already be getting almosts what they offer.