• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goshzagit
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2007

OT: UNC/Oklahoma

UNC is not playing nor shooting half as well as they did against us, yet they're still smoking the Oklahoma Sooners by 20+. Blake Griffin is even doing his thing with 25 pts and its still not enough to come close to the Tarheels. Also, UNC is shooting only 35% from 3pt against OU and they shot 58% against us. I don't see anyone slowing the 'Heels down and from the look for it, we actually played them pretty tough compared to the other "BCS" teams.
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Juggernaut that is peaking.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• surfmonkey89
      Not Roy Orbison
      • Feb 2007

I thought they were BY FAR the best team in the country in December, and they were the only team I wanted no part of.

They stumbled a bit in the ACC (who wouldn't), but they're playing like they did earlier in the year.

They're so good it's just demoralizing for the competition.

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Heels into stall mode. It worked when Dean Smith had no shot clock and went to the four corners. But not with the shot clock.

Comment

• mainer6
          Kennel Club Material
          • Mar 2009

Makes me feel a little better seeing how easily they handled Oklahoma. I would like to have a chance to know where we stand among those UNC will steamroll on their way to the finals.
          Some people have a way with words. Some people not have way.

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

What's scary to think about is how good UNC would be with Marcus Ginyard. He's one of the best 2-3 wing defenders in college basketball. He could completely take out one of those Villanova wings.

Ty Lawson is just unbelievable. He takes the ball, sprints down the floor, and I find myself thinking "he's going to barrel into someone and commit a charge." But then he just blows by everyone before they can get their feet set.

Comment

• skan72
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Apr 2007

If only we hadn't been a 4 seed...

Comment

• BobZag
                Dark Lord of the Zag
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by skan72 View Post
                I hear ya. A 3 or a 6 is better, as crazy as that may sound. Ask Nova.

Btw, Zags vs Sooners, Dec. 29, 2009. I'll be there.

Comment

• VinnyZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by skan72 View Post
                  I've been thinking that a lot, too. Portland State and Utah losses might have ended up costing us a game in March.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post
                    I've been thinking that a lot, too. Portland State and Utah losses might have ended up costing us a game in March.
                    Or Price's jumper goes back iron. Or don't get rolled up by Memphis. Or make a quality stop down the stretch against Arizona. A lot of close calls but two things:

1) I am thankful that GU is a basketball powerhouse, not football. Football would be EXTREMELY frustrating.

2) I wanted UNC because I would have felt if we beat them, that would have been just about the best thing. Also, a lot of teams would have been running scared. This team needed to play the best and I am glad they gave it their best shot. Honestly, looking back, without a few of the turnovers, GU was on fire.
                    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

Working...
                    X