PDA

View Full Version : What the Zags need from the five?

HillBillyZag
03-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Just what Goran Suton gave MSU today,hit the boards, feed from the post, and take good shots. Now This kid is not really as athletic as Heytvelt, or as offensively skilled as Griffin and Hansbrough. But he knew how to get the best out of what he had and contribute. I hope all our bigs paid attention. You do not have to be superman, just do your JOB!

Zag79
03-29-2009, 03:28 PM
great post. this is where sacre would have been, and given you the results you want. josh is really a 4 as you know, and most people should realize. he sint going to give you suton minutes, he cant. we were forced to use him that way due to sacres injury. its just like matty at the 3 isnt nearly as effective as when he plays the 2. a healthy sacre, or if jp batista or voilette was on this team it would have been a final 4 for sure. :)

BobZag
03-29-2009, 06:31 PM
What Zag79 said about Sacre.
Sam Dower averaged a double-double.
Elias Harris averaging 20 and 9
Mangisto Arop averaged a double-double (including international competition)
Austin Daye is a good rebounder, got 11 vs UNC
Andy Poling, from what I saw, has a knack for being there for putbacks.
Matt Bouldin is a very good rebounding guard due to his big body.

Honestly, I think the team has zero rebounding issues next season. I don't see how they could. Zags should own the boards.

MississppiZag
03-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Bob, do you base your statement of Poling on the game in the Kraziness in the Kennel? When watching that night, I noticed the same thing. He was always in position to snag a loose ball or offensive rebound. I agree, we should be better in the rebounding department next year.

BobZag
03-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Bob, do you base your statement of Poling on the game in the Kraziness in the Kennel? When watching that night, I noticed the same thing. He was always in position to snag a loose ball or offensive rebound. I agree, we should be better in the rebounding department next year.

Yes, but also in pickup games. We'll call him the Garbage Man. :) He cleans up what others miss.

FlagZag
03-29-2009, 06:48 PM
This is one of several threads in the last day on the same issue. Solve the 5 puzzle and this team has no limits.

MississppiZag
03-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Garbage Man...I like it. He also has a very good 15 ft shot. Kind of like Heytvelt. He was making it consistently at practice on Thursday.

Zag79
03-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes, but also in pickup games. We'll call him the Garbage Man. He cleans up what others miss.

he reminds me of mallon or pendo in a way, much higher ceiling but always around the loose ball or snagging a board out of no where. too many people forget this team was a final four selection, WITH sacre at the 5. i think it would have been there with big rob.