PDA

View Full Version : Sacre's foot injury

Goshzagit
03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Does anyone know the current status of his injury? Has it healed completely or will a second surgery be required? From previous reports, it sounded as if the Doctors were taking a "wait and see" approach with his broken foot. It looked like he's been able to participate in individual drills the last few weeks, but I haven't heard any updates since.

If his foot doesn't heal properly and/or he needs another surgery, Rob would be looking at another off-season of rehab and little development on the court. I really hope his foot has healed as it would be a shame to seem him lose two off-seasons in a row. Considering he's still dealing with a bent screw in his foot bone, I can't say I'm overly optimistic about his health unless there is good news.

Can Medzag, Abe, or anyone in the Medical field comment on why his Doctor, or any Doctor for that matter, consider leaving a bent screw in a bone that has broken three times? I don't understand the logic but I'm no Doctor. Ok, the first screw doesn't hold the bone in tact in the first place, it breaks again while the screw is still in, and instead of removing the screw, they decide to leave the bent screw in and "wait and see" if the bone heals on its own...for a third time? Why put the darn screw in the first place if they were going to just "wait and see" this entire time? I'm sure I'm not nearly as frustrated as Sacre. :confused:

MississppiZag
03-29-2009, 05:44 AM
I was at the team's practice in Memphis on Thursday afternoon. He did all the drills. Running full speed in the layup lines(full court), making hard cuts in the Figure 8 drill, and shooting the ball.

With that Sacre looks to be 7'1'', 270 lbs. I say this because if Heytvelt is really 6'11'', 250 lbs then Sacre is easily 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. In my memory I have never seen a player as thick as him, save Batista. He was tearing the rim down on his dunks in the post. He will be ready to go by next year, and see him contributing in a very positive way. I expect big things out of Mr. Sacre next year. It was funny hearing him talk to Chris Joseph a fellow Canadian. I couldn't tell if his accent was more Canadian or more Cajun.:)

Also sidenote...Andy Poling didn't miss a jump shot from 15 ft. He had to make 6 or 7 in a row. He also has thickened up. He looks like a legitimate 6'11'', 235 right now.

CanadianZagFan
03-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Sounds like good news on both Sacre and Poling.