PDA

View Full Version : Back from Memphis

GoZags
03-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Gonzaga University has a great deal to be proud of. Sure, things didn't go our way last night (UNC is pretty good, btw) -- but the feeling of family and comaradarie (sp?) among fellow Zags continues to thrive.

The atmosphere in Fedex Forum was electric for the first part of the game -- then -- it calmed down quite a bit when it became apparent that it was going to be difficult to get a stop.

Things got exciting during the Zags' several "mini-runs" -- but the obstacle to overcome was too great.

In additional to our wonderful Seniors, I'm saddened that last night will be the last game with Father Spitzer. His leadership and passion have been so significant on multiple levels. We talked after the game -- and although I'll see him a few more times before he leaves his position -- it just hit home that I'm really going to miss him.

I'm looking forward to scanning the threads here to see what was written last night and earlier today.

But again -- from my perspective -- the Gonzaga family has a great deal to be proud of. GoZags

zagnut52
03-28-2009, 01:16 PM
I most whole heartedly concur.

Bing
03-28-2009, 06:50 PM
I most whole heartedly concur.

I agree too. Nice post.

Das Zagger
03-28-2009, 09:42 PM
UNC is pretty good, btw

UNC is on a frickin mission. I knew they were good and it would take a lot to beat them but they looked great last night.

rawkmandale
03-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Thanks for sharing. Thanks also for the comments about Father Spitzer. Wow - what a tremendous supporter he has been, and look at the positive results for the university as a whole. His personal faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ has led to fruitful decison-making. To be continued.....

BobZag
03-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Good post, GoZags. I'll miss Fr. Spitzer.

Zag79
03-29-2009, 03:22 PM
great post gozags! we are very lucky to have what we do year in and year out.

Things got exciting during the Zags' several "mini-runs" -- but the obstacle to overcome was too great.

this is what made me cringe the most, as i dotn think we should have lost like we did. everytime we made a run, it wasnt nc that shut us down it was ourselves. we would get it to 8, 9, 10, 11 and get a stop only to throw the ball away or miss an open 3. i really believe if bouldin plays his a game from the start its a tight game the whole way.