Not that i'm over being out - But need something to look ahead to- next years team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saxon_zag
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Not that i'm over being out - But need something to look ahead to- next years team

What are we looking at in terms of starters, next season can't come soon enough as it will be really interesting to see a lot of new comers find their place.. i'm up at 3 AM still thinkin about this stuff so figured may as well make a post

Here's my guesses
    pg- Demetri Goodson
    sg- Matt Bouldin
    sf- Bol Kong (this is up in the air i know but if everything i read has been true and he ends up being here as said)
    pf - Austin Daye
    C- Rob Sacre

or does Steven start in front of Kong? but that ends up being quite a small line-up...

then we just have a ton of freshmen
    Gibbs
    Poling
    Olynyk
    Arop
    Harris
    Dower

Seems like you have to redshirt at least one out of that group, is that olynyk?

Also still have big will next year but part of me wonders if he will be back.. obviously at this point he is not in our long term plans and with a young team i almost feel as if we could use that schollie to bring in Victor Rudd or that Montreal kid from southern idaho but i'm not sure of their situations..

what do you all think? More informed minds, enlighten me
  • mainer6
    Kennel Club Material
    • Mar 2009

Is Harris going to be a Zag or is that speculation? I think Gray will be a strater next year.
    Some people have a way with words. Some people not have way.

Comment

Reasonable expectations

Gonzaga met my expectations for this year (actually a little bit better).. I suspect next years team will not be quite as good but still fun to watch.. maybe 22 wins...a trip to the dance....a 12 seed...hopefully a win in the first round...can't wait for the season to start....Bouldin, Daye, Gray, Meech, Sacre...and I pray, Few...

Comment

• adoptedzag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Is foster transferring?

Comment

• HillBillyZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Too many folks speculating about who next years starters will be to suit me. I leave that to Coach Few. I do notice however that Grant Gibbs and Andy Poling are kind of overlooked by a lot of you. I have a feeling these two young men will end up having more effect on next years stats than one might believe.
          [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
          ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• bigblahla
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
            Too many folks speculating about who next years starters will be to suit me. I leave that to Coach Few. I do notice however that Grant Gibbs and Andy Poling are kind of overlooked by a lot of you. I have a feeling these two young men will end up having more effect on next years stats than one might believe.
            HBZ, I agree. Gibbs and Poling will both contribute.

Go!! Zags!!!
            "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• Goshzagit
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by mainer6 View Post
              Is Harris going to be a Zag or is that speculation? I think Gray will be a strater next year.
              Good question Mainer. From what I've gathered, he has committed to Gonzaga, yet its far from being a done deal. My understanding is he still needs to be approved by the NCAA on his academic equivalents and also evaluate his participation in Pro-B leagues in Germany. From all accounts, Elias appears good to go, but certainly not guaranteed he'll be eligible by next season. Maybe BZ or others can provide more detailed information on his current status.

Comment

• IdahoTJR
                Bulldog Fan
                • Feb 2007

Next year's team will be fun to watch as they develop. The Zags have only 4 players who played significant minutes in most games coming back. They should improve through out the season and be a far better team come tournament time than they will be as they run through the annual gauntlent of pre-conference games.

Comment

• GonzagaDynasty
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

Next year's team should be great. I think between Josh, Micah, and Jeremy, we lost a lot of headcases. ALthough I loved them, Sometimes they werent there mentally, mainly Josh.

Bouldin, Gray, Goodson, Daye, and Sacre is good enough for a top 25 ranking throughout the season, IMO, and the young guys will grow as the year progresses.

Comment

• JAGzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Saxon_zag View Post
                    What are we looking at in terms of starters, next season can't come soon enough as it will be really interesting to see a lot of new comers find their place.. i'm up at 3 AM still thinkin about this stuff so figured may as well make a post

Here's my guesses
                    pg- Demetri Goodson
                    sg- Matt Bouldin
                    sf- Bol Kong (this is up in the air i know but if everything i read has been true and he ends up being here as said)
                    pf - Austin Daye
                    C- Rob Sacre

or does Steven start in front of Kong? but that ends up being quite a small line-up...

then we just have a ton of freshmen
                    Gibbs
                    Poling
                    Olynyk
                    Arop
                    Harris
                    Dower

Seems like you have to redshirt at least one out of that group, is that olynyk?

Also still have big will next year but part of me wonders if he will be back.. obviously at this point he is not in our long term plans and with a young team i almost feel as if we could use that schollie to bring in Victor Rudd or that Montreal kid from southern idaho but i'm not sure of their situations..

what do you all think? More informed minds, enlighten me

Wow, that is a ton of youth. Here's to future memoires, patience and growing pains! At least we won't have to debat Final Four potential this off season!

Comment

• GonzagaDynasty
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Will Harris and Kong make it to Spokane? Will Austin Daye be a Zag? What about Foster? Bouldin's a sure thing to come back, or is he? Is Coach Few going to be leaving for Oregon?

Im so nervous already....... Someone, fast forward me to November2009

Comment

• mez124
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Nov 2007

Andy Poling for PRESIDENT

He will be the MAN

Comment

• Saxon_zag
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by GonzagaDynasty View Post
                          Will Harris and Kong make it to Spokane? Will Austin Daye be a Zag? What about Foster? Bouldin's a sure thing to come back, or is he? Is Coach Few going to be leaving for Oregon?

Im so nervous already....... Someone, fast forward me to November2009
                          I think yes they will make it to spokane. Austin would be a fool to leave after this season his stock probably went down to be honest. Foster i'm not sure. Bouldin should be a sure thing, you don't see many kids leave early to be a mid 2nd round pick. About few, lets hope not

Comment

• primal23
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
                            Wait we aren't speculating about whether Few will take another job?
                            11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
                            "Make it yourself"
                            "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
                            "Okay"

Comment

• CDC84
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Harris and Kong are Zags. Kong will be in Spokane in May. S-R ran a piece about Harris' visit and signing.

I hope that Rob Sacre has a complete, healthy recovery from his injury. I always worry about big men and foot injuries.

Demetri Goodson needs to shoot 3,000 jumpers a day, and 1,000 free throws a day. The Zags need him to shoot in the high 70's, minimum, from the foul line, and he needs some sort of long range shot so that defenses won't sag off of him. If he improves in these areas, Gonzaga is going to have some kind of point guard and on ball defender the next 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X