PDA

View Full Version : congrats UNC

gmo
03-27-2009, 07:59 PM
that was complete domination. Your team is impressive and played with a lot of fire. Not sure there is a team in the country that could beat you playing like you did tonight.

kitzbuel
03-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Very impressive. Not much else to say. UNC is very, very good. Got the Zags off balance and kept them there.

mez124
03-27-2009, 08:16 PM
If i remember right the first 15 games of the year UNC was by far the most dominant team in the land and it wasnt even close to the 2nd best team. Thats the UNC we played tonight. We nor any other team could have matched up against them.

On the flip side, this is a great team and played their hearts out for us this year. For that I thank them. Good Luck to the seniors, many who will play in another league next year.

We also have one heck of a team for next year. I cant wait to see Meech and Gibbs run the team with Bouldin, Daye, Grey, Sacre and Poling and wIll in the paint, as well as the new commers. If you cant get excited for Manny and the infamous Kong, & Harris i know i,m forgetting som,ething, but dont give up on, Few or the ZAGS we are here to stay and are in good hands.

Thanks for the year

PS lets start another thread about the status of KONG

MJ777
03-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Congrats UNC, but I'm pulling for the underdog Sooners. They will probably meet the same fate as GU though.

TacomaZAG
03-27-2009, 08:39 PM
when they shoot 58% from behind the arc. They played extremely well tonight. We didn't play that badly, just not nearly well enough to stay with the Heels tonight. Not many teams can play with UNC when they are hitting 3's, no shame in that.

Go ZAGS......

Toewon
03-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys. You are a class program with classy fans. I did not know how close our programs were until I heard the comments from Coach Few and Coach Williams. I am one Carolina fan who will be pulling for the Zags in the future.

CDC84
03-27-2009, 08:45 PM
For me, this is the least painful loss in the NCAA tournament for the Zags that I can remember. I kind of felt this game was a long shot. The UNC Tarheels are just a better team with more overall talent. And they exposed the flaws on this Gonzaga team. There's really nothing more to say.

Vanzagger
03-27-2009, 08:54 PM
UNC. Good luck the rest of the way. Hope to see you next year. Maybe as #1 seeds?

vz

lothar98zag
03-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Congrats to UNC - now go win the whole #(*$&% thing!

also...

For me, this is the least painful loss in the NCAA tournament for the Zags that I can remember. I kind of felt this game was a long shot. The UNC Tarheels are just a better team with more overall talent. And they exposed the flaws on this Gonzaga team. There's really nothing more to say.
Least painful GU tourney loss ever? Hmm...

1 - Maryland 95 (1st time, no expectations of a W, just happy to make it)

2 tie - Mich St 01 & UNC 09 (had a really good team, but a win wasn't expected, GU gave it a decent shot, but in the end it wasn't close)

4 tie - UConn 99 & AZ 03 (great games, but they were so close...one play here or there...)

Loop
03-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the classy remarks. I know it was a tough game to watch for you guys and I know how it feels to be on the other end (Kansas vs UNC last year). With that said, it was good getting to enjoy your board over the past week and I'll definitely check back in on this side of the country when basketball is about to get going for you guys again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love to pull for the Zags as long as they aren't playing my Heels. Good luck next year and as long as it doesn't end my Heels season, I'm hoping you guys get a National Championship in the near future. Thanks and take care.

calizag
03-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Very good team...UNC looks like the team that everyone thought would go undefeated at the beginning of the season.

And i think they are going to roll to the final against Louisville...

ZagsGoZags
03-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes it is all being said.
Our team played with heart, NC is just more talented
I am sad there is 6 months before the zag season starts again
I am glad we made it to the Sweet 16
the better team tonight, did win, and would usually win if we played 10 times
we got beat fair and square
by a very smooth, easy to watch, offense
I have a lot of hope for next season
I am happy to be a big frog in a medium size lake,
and if we keep doing this much better in the Dance we may be able to recruit more of those top 100 ranked players
I think the last Sweet 16 helped us recruit three from the top hundred, AD, SG, and RS
so maybe in the next two years our recruiting power will bring more of those national top level athletes into our program, like from the top 50.
just basically sad ................
but I do not feel raped like the UCLA game
NC I salute you
GU players, I salute you

RenoZag
03-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Ok. OK. I admit it. I have UNC winning the whole enchilada on most of my "money" brackets.

Good luck & get healthy.

gamagin
03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
they took us to school this night.

Not sure what was going on on our side, but UNC outhustled, outshot and outplayed us the entire game. Except for Micah and, at the end, Ira, we were completely dominated.

UNC put on a clinic, shot the eyes out of that ball, whether long, mid or short range and just took charge and never let go. that's the way I was hoping we would play. But not this night.

Lesson learned. Hats off to UNC. A great team beat a potentially good team that had an opportunity to be great.

No question who won this and who deserved to win this one. No excuses. Nothing but respect. Admiration, even.

Next year.

Go TEAM ZAGS !

lothar98zag
03-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Ok. OK. I admit it. I have UNC winning the whole enchilada on most of my "money" brackets.

Good luck & get healthy.
and Lothar has UNC winning it all in the GU yahoo group. really didn't want to get that one right...

TarHeels07
03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the classy remarks. I know it was a tough game to watch for you guys and I know how it feels to be on the other end (Kansas vs UNC last year). With that said, it was good getting to enjoy your board over the past week and I'll definitely check back in on this side of the country when basketball is about to get going for you guys again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love to pull for the Zags as long as they aren't playing my Heels. Good luck next year and as long as it doesn't end my Heels season, I'm hoping you guys get a National Championship in the near future. Thanks and take care.

Same here. Hell of a program you guys got up there, and good luck retooling next year.

UncleJam
03-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks folks. Y'all had a decent season, and definitely should be proud of your team. I have a great deal of respect for the Zags, and especially for Coach Few. The NCAA could use a few more coaches of his caliber and integrity. I always pull for him and the Zags, except when they play the Heels, of course.

Thanks for your hospitality on my visits here, and I wish y'all much success in the future. I am really impressed at the support here for your team. Keep it loose, and keep it real.

HillBillyZag
03-27-2009, 09:59 PM
We were a good team at times this year, but the "Heels" were "great all season long. Heres looking forward to continued improvement on our part and a 2010 rematch with UNC at an even higher level. Wish the game had been closer but getting beat by two or twenty-some, its still getting beat.

MickMick
03-28-2009, 02:58 AM

My feelings as well. The Morrison led Zags could have easily beaten UCLA, The Turiaf Zags could (Should) have beaten Texas Tech. The Violette led Zags were certainly more talented than Wyoming. The Stepp era Zags played #1 seed Arizona to a dead heat.

But this one was different. The Zags were certainly overmatched. UNC would win nine times out of ten. They are simply better. Much, much better.

supafly03
03-28-2009, 03:08 AM
Same here. Hell of a program you guys got up there, and good luck retooling next year.

Thanks a lot and the same to you guys.

Also, i really hope that Lawson can keep this up, cause if he does, you'll cut down the nets in Detroit. ;)

CodeCobalt
03-28-2009, 04:17 AM
Grats to the heels... Unlike my brethren I'm not so civil though... so freakin sick of UNC every darn year. Congratulations to the Zags you had a great season and it was a fun ride.

zagcheer78
03-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Although we live here in the middle ACC land, we wear our GU colors proudly and must admit that it does sting a bit that we are not advancing further.
That being said good luck UNC and keep playing the way you played us and y'all will win it all.

mendiant
03-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Grats to the Tarheels...

Go on and win it all now.

bballbeachbum
03-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Congratulations. You beat us. Handshake.

I'm with you, CodeCobalt.

johnwzag
03-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Congrats UNC. You are a heck of a team this year.

Lawson -- Insanely good. There were times when he went out and went on runs. Then he comes back in and after 60 seconds, we are down 20 again.

bigblahla
03-28-2009, 09:04 AM

Yep, congats UNC, win it all.

go!! Zags!!!

rennis
03-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Hell of a game by UNC. That is the team as already mentioned that everyone expected to dominate the landscape this year. Looks like they are well on their way to the Final Four and pretty good shot at a national championship...

RenoZag
03-30-2009, 12:22 PM

Good luck & get healthy.

The above post garnered a one word negative rep response:

"traitor"

I guess I'm supposed to hang my head in shame for attempting to win a bracket contest

:confused:

C'est la vie.