PDA

View Full Version : I have this peaceful, almost eerie calm about myself

thespywhozaggedme
03-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Normally, the day of a big game, my heart is racing a mile a minute, I'm a big ball of nerves and more hyper then usual; but today for some reason, I'm calm. I truly have this inner peace about tonight.

zagfaninmt
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
I totally understand. I have read the articles, watched the interviews, lurked on the boards, seen the replays, and come to the conclusion that our fate is in good hands. Go Zags! You can do it.

gmo
03-27-2009, 11:19 AM
(in his interview on Jim Rome).

"And I got a peaceful, easy feeling
And I know you won't let me down
Cause I'm already standing on the ground"

former1dog
03-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Normally, the day of a big game, my heart is racing a mile a minute, I'm a big ball of nerves and more hyper then usual; but today for some reason, I'm calm. I truly have this inner peace about tonight.

See, the problem with this change in outlook or whatever is that your SOP usually corresponds with a win. :( :confused:

Baldwinzag
03-27-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm unusually calm today as well and I always have pre-game butterflies and nervousness prior to big games. I believe this "inner peace" is related to my expectations about tonight. For the first time in a long time, I literally have no expectations and know I'll feel just fine, regardless of the outcome. If we advance to the elite, I'll be ecstatic, and if we lose, I'll still be proud and happy for the Zags and what they've accomplished. This game is all gravy for me and just a bonus from last weekend's fun, IMO.

MDABE80
03-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Kinda like people laying on gurneys on their way to open heart surgery. All of em are calm when they should be crazy! lol....Anything like this? Is it the drugs taking over Spy?:)

UberZagFan
03-27-2009, 12:03 PM
ok Spy, enough rubbing it in. Uber is friggin' wired. Keeps looking at the clock like that'll make 6:57 get here any sooner. Not sure if its the game or the fact he's on his second one of these:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1776/200p.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200p.jpg)

former1dog
03-27-2009, 12:07 PM
For the first time in a long time, I literally have no expectations and know I'll feel just fine, regardless of the outcome.

I'm going to hold you to that. ;)

bartruff1
03-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Get your perscriptions checked...

CB4
03-27-2009, 12:19 PM
All this is is another game. Each game the Zags and their fans should expect them to win. I expect them to win.

former1dog
03-27-2009, 12:23 PM
All this is is another game. Each game the Zags and their fans should expect them to win. I expect them to win.

I will respectfully disagree. This game is HUGE for the Gonzaga Men's Basketball program on a lot of different levels and for a lot of different reasons.

UberZagFan
03-27-2009, 12:30 PM

Wow. Uber's with F1D on this and he hates that. Sweet 16 games are not just another game. Even UNC fans who have visited this board agree with that and they are fans of a team that has played in more Sweet 16s than GU has played in NCAA tourneys.

former1dog
03-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Wow. Uber's with F1D on this and he hates that. Sweet 16 games are not just another game. Even UNC fans who have visited this board agree with that and they are fans of a team that has played in more Sweet 16s than GU has played in NCAA tourneys.

IMHO, this just isn't a "normal" sweet 16 game. This is a sweet 16 against University of ####ing North Carolina.... (You might have heard of it, a freshman name Michael someone or other won a championship with them).. AND, it is THE featured game for most of the country. We win this one, wow!

UberZagFan
03-27-2009, 12:39 PM
IMHO, this just isn't a "normal" sweet 16 game. This is a sweet 16 against University of ####ing North Carolina.... (You might have heard of it, a freshman name Michael someone or other won a championship with them).. AND, it is THE featured game for most of the country. We win this one, wow!

That too. There is a reason this game is primetime nationally.

malmer7
03-27-2009, 12:51 PM
the nice thing is the upside is WAY bigger than the downside...
if we play hard and loose, then that sucks but they must have been the better team
if WE win - we call into question everything that is holy at ESPN and throughout the ACC, and change the thinking of everybody out there, IMO

TexasZagFan
03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm a bit more nervous than last week, but not that much.

For good measure, I'll be attending Stations of the Cross, which will be extremely therapeutic.

It will give me the chance to say prayers for Reborn and his family. So sorry to hear about your loss.

UNCbiz
03-27-2009, 01:51 PM
It's good that you've already accepted defeat. ;)

zag944
03-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Ive felt calm today too, most likely because of the upside/downside thing mentioned before.

This will certainley change when the game tips off.

crockdaddy
03-27-2009, 02:34 PM
a loss itself would not be so upsetting after such a terrific season and some terrific careers from our seniors, but the persistent slights due to the zags' perceived tournament woes need to be silenced. a loss, and i'll live. a win, and i'll live big tonight!

rennis
03-27-2009, 02:40 PM
I am also calm today. I believe because for basically the first time this season, the Zags have nothing to lose in this game tonight. I'm excited to see what this team can do without that weight on their shoulders. The only weight on them is self-inflicted.

Zag79
03-27-2009, 03:41 PM
im not calm by any means, but i do feel better today than last week. lose last week and the board explodes, posters turn into whining, hate spewing zombies, analysts never love Gu, etc. Today, lose and everyone goes on with the tournament because it was supposed to happen. Win and the coverage is mind blowing. win and you know realistically the zags can win it all. i like this situation so much more than last week, but im not calm. :D

mendiant
03-27-2009, 05:27 PM
calm and in the 'zone' whatever that is...

love,
mendiant