PDA

View Full Version : My prayer

Voice4Vision
03-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Dear Heavenly Father,
I pray to you seeking guidance and blessings. As you are aware, our beloved Gonzaga Bulldogs are competing in the Sweet Sixteen NCAA Tournament, amongst the giants (Goliath) of the BCS. Although we have again and again proven to no longer be the Cinderella of Mid-Majors (David), we are still often slapped in the face with disregard and disrespect. Our accomplishments and capabilities are often ignored and ridiculed. Our short-comings and failures are overtly evidenced as proof of our inabilities to even closely compete.

God, this is not about making 'my' team win, this is simply about giving the little guy the opportunity to stand proudly amongst those that call themselves great. This is about giving hope to all the other small schools. Hope for those kids that have no scholarship opportunities. Hope to a nation in despair. Amongst the ruins of smaller schools, a GIANT will stand to represent all those without representation. We would proudly show the world that the 'little engine that could' is in fact the 'little engine that would'.

I beg you father, please illuminate a pathway to the altar of champions, were the Gonzaga will raise the trophy towards the heavens above. Please give the Gonzaga Team and Staff your blessing to represent, not only as champions of your faith, but as NCAA Tournament Champions!

In Jesus' name,
AMEN

zagsmyboys
03-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Nicely said.

Amen

GO ZAGS!!

MJ777
03-27-2009, 10:19 AM
......and please let Josh and Austin stay out of foul trouble. And don't mistake Will for Goliath, even though he is nearly as big......oh yeah and let threes for GU drop softly into the net at a high percentage.

Amen

misszigzag
03-27-2009, 10:23 AM
And don't mistake Will for Goliath

Hahaha:)

Beautifully written Voice.

Go Zags!