PDA

View Full Version : what are you wearing....?

gmo
03-27-2009, 09:56 AM
So who is wearing GU gear to work, who busted out that lucky t-shirt / polo?

Me? I pulled out something I haven't worn in years... my dark blue 1999 Gonzaga Phoenix Regional t-shirt and am wearing it under my polo.

Wife (then girlfriend) bought it for me before taking down Florida in probably my favorite in-person sports moment of my life. I happen to work in sports so that is saying a lot.

Her first college basketball game ever and I (half) jokingly credit her for being a Zags good luck charm ever since. She started her college hoops watching the very year we made this incredible run since 1999 until now... coincidence? I think not. :) Of course today was the perfect day to break out the t-shirt that started it all (ha)!

So excited. GO ZAGS!

malmer7
03-27-2009, 10:01 AM
i wussed out and went with Zag underarmour gear today. i say wussed out, cause my wife stepped up and wore her Ammo jersey to her work today, a true fan.
for game time, i will be wearing my "Gonzaga University - School of Basketball" tee-shirt i picked up this year, cash money

USMC69
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Wearing my gray "Gonzaga Basketball" t-shirt here at the office

GO ZAGS beat UNC

TeachforZagNation
03-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Ronny 1 jersey underneath a red polo with a blue horse. Striped blue cardigan overtop. Striped blue socks.

Gonna have to find some northwest beer to get me going in Philly for the late start.

FuManShoes
03-27-2009, 10:12 AM
A kickass gray Nike Zags t-shirt that has served me well all season. Wanted to buy a Steven Gray jersey a few months ago but fact is a 32-year-old short white bald guy does not wear that look well unless he is Derek Raivio (who isn't all that short or old).

zagsmyboys
03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I am wearing my dark blue GU t-shirt with the Huge Bull Dog on the front. Also my dark blue GU warm up jacket. One of my co-workers is wearing a UNC sweatshirt that I tried to take to the bathroom to use as toilet paper but didnt get past the door....Damn!
:boxing:

GO GONZAGA!!!!!

GirlieZag
03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey everyone! I think this is my first post, although I've been lurking for 2+ years.

I work at a Pac 10 university that shall not be named in Seattle, and well....

I'm wearing my Zags hoodie today! I even went so far as to go into my Dean's office and do a small cheer for the Zags....he didn't find it so amusing, but I sure as heck did!

GO ZAGS!! What a day!

edit: It's my 2nd post.... :)

UberZagFan
Navy blue GU polo to work.

UberZagFan
Hey everyone! I think this is my first post, although I've been lurking for 2+ years.

I work at a Pac 10 university that shall not be named in Seattle, and well....

I'm wearing my Zags hoodie today! I even went so far as to go into my Dean's office and do a small cheer for the Zags....he didn't find it so amusing, but I sure as heck did!

GO ZAGS!! What a day!

edit: It's my 2nd post.... :)

Ok. You really should have videotaped that and put it on youtube. Missed opportunity.

GirlieZag
03-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Ok. You really should have videotaped that and put it on youtube. Missed opportunity.

I know, right? :D

Angelo Roncalli
03-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Blue and red GU tie in court this morning.

zag944
03-27-2009, 10:22 AM
new black ZAGS jersey at the big board meeting

just kidding

wearing the gonzaga polo shirt

UberZagFan
Anyone else think GU should break out these unis tonight???

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6278/72443787.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=72443787.jpg)

ZagManFan
GU Nike hat
Bulldogs t-shirt
Gonzaga blue pullover
GU boxers

hockeyzag
03-27-2009, 10:24 AM
My blue # 13 JP Batista jersey.

ZagManFan
03-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Anyone else think GU should break out these unis tonight???

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6278/72443787.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=72443787.jpg)

ABSOLUTLY!!!!!!!!!!

TeachforZagNation
03-27-2009, 10:27 AM
I would love if they came out in royal blue 99 unis. I would also love if they came out in black. Undefeated in black.

But let's be honest, they could wear dresses and bonnets if they play well enough to play again on Sunday!

CarolinaZagFan
03-27-2009, 10:30 AM
I've got my my lucky Gonzaga t-shirt and hat on, and my hideous but lucky orange gym shorts. I also have given out my Zag gear to about 10 of my friends and they are all rocking it all day. I can't wait for tonight, we're going to a very Pro-UNC sports bar... It's gonna be fun :D

Vizagra
03-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Navy blue windbreaker with Red letters across the back spelling GONZAGA. Litle bulldog logo on the left left chest. My whole bank is decked out in Zag gear!

ZagSlug
03-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I am not wearing any pants.

gmo
03-27-2009, 10:37 AM

all right that right there just made me laugh out loud... the real kind, not the fake LOL bullshizzle.

Great stuff everyone. Love imagining everyone representing all over the nation. In North Carolina country, at a Seattle Pac-10 school, in court, a whole bank rockin GU gear... awesome...

UberZagFan
03-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Yes, but are you wearing a GU shirt?

baitcast
03-27-2009, 10:47 AM
I wear my Zag cap everyday everywhere year round,its getting old and worn out,you would not believe how many times I,ve had people stop me and say "big game tonite" or "what kind of year do you think they will have" and so on even out here in nowhere AZ.:D
Rob in nowhere AZ.

zagsballer
03-27-2009, 10:53 AM
LOL!

I am wearing my white Bouldin jersey.

I have my last two parent teacher conferences today so hopefully the parents understand that their daughter's teacher isn't unprofessional. Just a really big Zags fan!

Let's do this!!!! Go Zags!!

ZagSlug
03-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Yes, but are you wearing a GU shirt?

Does painting my upper torso GU blue count?

RenoZag
03-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Blue Zags hoodie over the top of a license plate tee. . .

Homer Simpson boxers. . .

Buckwheat
03-27-2009, 10:56 AM
From Zach Gourde and Sean Mallon jerseys I fashioned a Gonzaga singlet.

229SintoZag
03-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Blue and red GU tie in court this morning.

I assume you prevailed in court this morning?

This could be an omen people.....

thespywhozaggedme
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I volunteer at a boys shelter a few times a week and this morning i put on my really cool Navy blue thermal sweat shirt that has Gonzaga written across the front. As I walked into the home today one of the staff; a giant black guy named Baron looks at me and cracks a huge grin; he was wearing UNC gear. :D
He had much respect for us and though that as Lawson goes, so go the Heels. On a side not a lot of the boys asked me about Gonzaga.

ChicagoZag
03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
I am wearing the same grey Gonzaga University sweatshirt I wore 10 years ago for the Florida game. Non-basketball watching coworkers were perplexed at lunch when a strange women came over and said "Good luck tonight, we're pulling for you!"

RenoZag
03-27-2009, 11:09 AM
I assume you prevailed in court this morning?

This could be an omen people.....

And if he got a continuance, it means. . . OVERTIME !

:p

gu03alum
03-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Black Zags shirt I got at the Memphis game this year

jim77
03-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I've decided to go ALL-OUT and go with the full meal deal.

1. GU hat
2. GU nike shirt...red and blue..mostly blue..this thing rocks!
3. My wife's GU thong....something tells me I'm gonna have to bleach em!

Angelo Roncalli
03-27-2009, 11:33 AM
And if he got a continuance, it means. . . OVERTIME !

:p

I'm not sure you can "prevail" at a status conference.

Lurknomore
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
White GU shirt with Spike front and center. My whole office is in Zag wear as well as having a Zag lunch to prime us up.

When I stopped at the store this morning just about everybody in there had some sort of Zag wear on....except for the one odd woman who had an Eastern Hockey sweat shirt on....

LongIslandZagFan
03-27-2009, 11:36 AM
I'll be honest... no Zag gear at all right now. Work is too formal and I don't own any Zag stuff that is anything close to formal. But... Turiaf jersey goes on as soon as I get home.

LynetteG
03-27-2009, 11:39 AM
As I have mentioned a couple of times on the board, I am wearing my flannel GU pants that I got for Christmas. They arrived after the New Year and the Zags have NOT LOST since I've been wearing them! I went to the Memphis game, thus did not wear the flannels, and you all know what a disaster that was. Next time, regardless of any embarrassment that may come my way, if I go to a game I MUST WEAR THE PANTS IN PUBLIC!

I also am wearing a blue kennel club shirt from this year.

rdulay8
03-27-2009, 11:42 AM
red kennel club shirt from 06-07 year (last time we played/beat UNC)

UberZagFan
03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
3. My wife's GU thong....something tells me I'm gonna have to bleach em!

Now that's what Uber calls commitment. http://www.guboards.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

SWZag
03-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Wearing my beloved "Gonzaga Basketball" sweatshirt. Wearing it in the office where it is nice and toasty and I don't really need my sweatshirt on, so Iím extra warm. But no, it's NOT coming off.

I must say, this sweatshirt loves the end of the season because it finally gets washed... :D

SWZag

gonstu
03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
would anyone ever break out a new item that they have never yet worn on a game as big as tonight's? hmmm...

CanadZag
03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Just going with the polo, I had a meeting this morning. But I always sport the Zags lanyard and backpack.

The bigger question is what do I wear tonight???

First of all, it has to be a jersey, and without a t-shirt underneath (like Ammo in '06) -it brings bad luck.

I went with the white Ammo for the WCC Tourney. It was gold.
Had to take it off at half-time of the Akron game.
Made the call to Dickau and it has been clutch ever since.

I do have a newer version blue Pargo, which I wore under the red shootaround warm-up jersey for the Memphis game- that combo never again. But maybe without the shootaround over top it would be better.

But since the team is switching unis from white to blue, do I need the jersey switch too?

I'm still leaning towards Dickau, but we may need that little bit extra.

I'm sure I am not alone in feeling like what I am wearing tonight will have significant consequences on the outcome in Memphis. =)

GO ZAGS!!!

FlagZag
03-27-2009, 12:39 PM
At 6'7" and 275lbs I can't get Zag gear that fits so I'm wearing my Zag sweat pants that resemble male capri's and my 99 2XL Regional tshirt that is cutting off my carotid artery. Doesn't matter tho as the first Jack and Diet is beckoning. JUST WIN ZAGS!! BTW thank goodness we don't wear UNC garb. That Baby Blue looks great.....on the womens team and that other team that left the tourny long ago.

gueastcoast
03-27-2009, 12:51 PM
I have to look "Wall Street" during the day so nothing yet...BUT soon (at the GU alum gamewatch here in NYC)....

Same as for last two games (don't jinx it):

"Gonzaga basketball" hat
Grey Nike "Gonzaga" t-shirt
#25 Mr. Zag -- Pendergraft jersey
Jeans and sneaks of course

GO ZAGS!!!!!

Spike94
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
My white Kennel Club Alumni Tshirt I got at SCU pre game this year.

UberZagFan
03-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Blue Gonzaga Tee; GU socks. Don't have the GU thong -- Bowser & Birddog promised me one for my spokesmodel service, but have yet to come through on the deal.

Uber might have to have a chat with Bowser about this. In fact, where is Bowser? Game day and all and no updates.

Sarenyon
03-27-2009, 01:24 PM
No gear at work, but now that I'm home...

Kennel Club '96 T-shirt
'08 Gonzaga Hoody and Baseball cap

BEAT UNC

zagnut52
03-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Zag blue T-shirt with the words Gonzaga Bulldogs in big red on front and on the back it says "GO ZAGS"....

Gonzagnut
03-27-2009, 01:26 PM
I am wearing literally everything that I wore to the first and second round games in Portland - Socks, Underwear, Jeans, shoes, Blue Gonzaga Tee shirt - and I have not washed ANY of it!

UberZagFan
03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I am wearing literally everything that I wore to the first and second round games in Portland - Socks, Underwear, Jeans, shoes, Blue Gonzaga Tee shirt - and I have not washed ANY of it!

Sweet. That is some old school superstition right there.

Bowser
03-27-2009, 01:41 PM
SnapCo Model No. 22, "The Beelzebub" XXL [Tall].

Your Pal,

Bowser

PS: Mee, BD said quid before quo.

PPS: Some of my best stuff is in storage as a deposition exhibit.

thibaulm
03-27-2009, 02:04 PM
im wearing my kennel club 2005-2006 t-shirt i bought off ebay a few years ago and my zephyr fullback blue zags hat

i am sooooo pumped! i wish pregame started right now

zagco
03-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Zagco wore his navy blue Number 1 replica jersey to work today over a nice blue striped polo shirt. He then kept the jersey on during his lift at the gym, and he still has it on now. It's probably not the best smelling thing in the world, but that's okay.

mtzaga
03-27-2009, 03:47 PM
My tee shirt says Gonzaga. My hat says Zags.

RenoZag
03-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Found a really old tee at the bottom of the drawer. Has the current Bulldog but there are tears, paint stains, and cracks in the silkscreen. It has a weathered, battle-scarred charm about it. . .

Club Prez
03-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Well, I just got out of the shower, so .... i'm doing the "air dry" thing.

But I've got an old, comfortable, XXL, white t-shirt with "Zags Basketball" laid out.

O.K. I'm putting it on now, so you can wipe out any images from your brains.

:clap:

HOOTER
03-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Wearing a Gonzaga shirt signed by Bouldin, Daye and Pargo.

Nevtelen
03-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Long-sleeved GU t-shirt (which I've had on all day) - the same that I wore for the Akron game (I wore a different shirt for WKU). A pair of GU pajama pants (just put on an hour or so ago).

CarolinaZagFan
03-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Well today, not much has changed... just wearing a different Gonzaga shirt and hat. I love these UNC fans rubbing it in my face today... it's okay, I can take it, I'm not ashamed of our boys, we had a successful season.