PDA

View Full Version : UNC under PRESSURE!

Stache
03-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Does anyone else feel like the Tournament has been successful? I'm enjoying the ride again! The team is good enough to be in or win every game, but if we should lose to the second overall seed, we can be proud.

Now, I'm not saying we should be satisfied and not show grit, passion and all of our abilities, but what a fun ride.

All this translate into a lack of pressure. It's UNC that must apppease its fan base. It's UNC that will view the season as a disappoint if it loses. UNC is under PRESSURE! We're back in the reduced-pressure, just go play, role of the talented underdog.

What a great week. Play loose and continue the ride!

zagsmyboys
03-27-2009, 05:22 AM
Your right....UNC has alot more to loose than we do!!! I am so proud of our boys!! They all played a part in an OUTSTANDING year!!! No matter what happens....The Zags are #1 in my book, always!!!! :clap:

VaBeachZAG
03-27-2009, 06:06 AM
I think there is tremendous pressure on both teams. Yes, pressure on UNC for the reasons stated. But also tremendous pressure on the Zags. Our guys are two wins away from the holy grail of college basketball - the final 4. I can't believe anyone wants the final 4 more than our guys. Possessing that kind of fire-in-the-gut passion and desire brings with it great pressure. The difference between UNC and the Zags is that the Zags pressure comes more from within the players themselves, not so much from the expectations of the fans. I am sure the Zags players feel a lot of pressure right now. Really, how can you go into a game like this one without feeling the pressure - opportunities like the one presented to the Zags tonight don't come around every day and the players must feel the pressure to make the best of it.

Nittany Tar Heel
03-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Carolina deals with this pressure of expectations each and every year. Nothing new - an expereienced team should be used to it. If they lose, it will be because they were outplayed.

bartruff1
03-27-2009, 07:17 AM
The pressure is always on the favorite....the motivation is with the underdog.. this is a free swing...and it could be a home run...

UNCbiz
03-27-2009, 07:17 AM
This group of guys have won three consecutive ACC titles, gone to an Elite Eight and a Final Four. They're always under pressure... and love it. Bring it on, Zags!

IowaSERE
03-27-2009, 07:25 AM
I think that there is as much or more pressure for the Zags. This is their one shot at a Final 4. This could be the greatest team that Gonzaga has ever assembled. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

UNC will always have an outside shot at the FF.

zag944
03-27-2009, 07:27 AM
UNC isnt under pressure...they shoudl take this one lightly :D

bartruff1
03-27-2009, 08:06 AM
This group of guys have won three consecutive ACC titles, gone to an Elite Eight and a Final Four. They're always under pressure... and love it. Bring it on, Zags! the wonderful thing about the Madness is that there is a moment of truth and we shall all see who is the winning team tonight....not the better team....Gonzaga has a shot...IF the 1,2,5's play to a near draw...it could be that, the 3's and 4's will decide it ....win or lose, I hope the refs don't decide it...that they are consistent and that both teams adjust....I thought Texas got screwed...

cjm720
03-27-2009, 08:21 AM
I think that there is as much or more pressure for the Zags. This is their one shot at a Final 4. This could be the greatest team that Gonzaga has ever assembled. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

No Way, not with out incoming recruiting class.

GO ZAGS!!

VaBeachZAG
03-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Yes we have great recruits coming in and the future looks bright, etc, etc, etc, and the Zags should have multiple shots at the final 4 in the future. However, we can't (and shouldn't) count on the future since it is uncertain and no one knows what it will bring. The point is we are here now, and now is the time for the Zags, not the future. Contrary to the thinking of most of the nation, we have the talent to take tonight's game, the only question is: do we have the will to take it?

gamagin
03-27-2009, 09:28 AM
the last ten years in a row.

we should be hungrier, meaner, tougher, faster and better.

The chips on our shoulders, the opportunity to right a few things for ourselves, and to play our game the way we know we can, adds up to an opportunity I do not think we are going to overlook.

This is it. A four game season beginning tonight.

Go TEAM Zags !

#1zagfan
03-27-2009, 09:38 AM
This group of guys have won three consecutive ACC titles, gone to an Elite Eight and a Final Four. They're always under pressure... and love it. Bring it on, Zags!

Our Zags ALWAYS bring it b**** :)

misszigzag
03-27-2009, 09:56 AM
No Way, not with out incoming recruiting class.

GO ZAGS!!

Nothing is gauranteed.

We are playing for right now, not next year.

All the wins/losses, hustle, sweat, and 2 a days were for this moment.....

I can't wait! Go Zags.

MotoZag
03-27-2009, 10:16 AM

That's interesting, because I don't remember them even being in the dance in '02 and '03. So when you say by and "outside chance", you mean they might be able to get some scalped tickets OUTSIDE the arena it's being held in?

All in fun. :)

Zag79
03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
great post, i fully agree. once the zags made the sweet 16 i felt all the pressure leave. yes, the F4 is the dream for fans and players but the pressure of getting this game is much more on the acc big boys picked to win it all. its a win win for the zags. lose to the best team in the sweet 16, great yaer no complaints. beat em, and everyones nutty happy. i like it.

bballbeachbum
03-27-2009, 03:35 PM
great post, i fully agree. once the zags made the sweet 16 i felt all the pressure leave. yes, the F4 is the dream for fans and players but the pressure of getting this game is much more on the acc big boys picked to win it all. its a win win for the zags. lose to the best team in the sweet 16, great yaer no complaints. beat em, and everyones nutty happy. i like it.

+1

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!