PDA

View Full Version : Officiating: Sweet 16

Baldwinzag
03-26-2009, 09:51 PM
What's going on with the amount of fouls being called tonight? Do the refs need some extra camera time or what?

I'm sure its related to teams playing more aggressive in the Tourney, yet Missouri attempts 45 free throws tonight vs Memphis and UConn attempts 35 vs Purdue. Plus, SIX players foul out between the two games tonight...are you kidding me?!

What do the Zags have to look forward to vs. UNC? I know the officiating is out of our hands, but at this rate Daye and/or Heytvelt don't stand a chance of staying in the game.

I can only hope the refs are nicer to us than they were to Purdue or Memphis tonight. Ouch.

Nevtelen
03-26-2009, 10:04 PM
What's going on with the amount of fouls being called tonight? Do the refs need some extra camera time or what?

I'm sure its related to teams playing more aggressive in the Tourney, yet Missouri attempts 45 free throws tonight vs Memphis and UConn attempts 35 vs Purdue. Plus, SIX players foul out between the two games tonight...are you kidding me?!

What do the Zags have to look forward to vs. UNC? I know the officiating is out of our hands, but at this rate Daye and/or Heytvelt don't stand a chance of staying in the game.

I can only hope the refs are nicer to us than they were to Purdue or Memphis tonight. Ouch.

The officiating has been pretty aggressive throughout most of the tourney. I'd expect lots of fouls tomorrow, too, which probably won't help us much (particularly Austin, who is a bad call magnet). But I don't think there's much chance it'll be wildly different than tonight.

mgadfly
03-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Memphis started fouling with more than two minutes to play, so Missouri's free throws are inflated quite a bit.

I don't care if it is called tight tomorrow as long as it is called the same for both teams. I don't want to see TH shooting 25 free throws.

willandi
03-27-2009, 06:40 AM
It is my fervant hope, that with the Memphis fans supporting the Zags, that the zebras will subconciously believe thw Zags to be the home team and call the game accordingly. My hope is that, when sicko T posts up, turns, and lowers his shoulder into the defender, that the Zebras realize that it is an offensive foul, or a no call at worst, and allow the Zags the same latitude.
If the game is called fairly, no matter how tightly, the Zags have a great chance to hold off the Tar Heels hopes for an upset. I think the Zags should be the favorite!!!.
GO ZAGS!!!