• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Like a kid at Christmas. . .

So, I've read all the threads, I've analyzed the match-ups, I've said a prayer or two, and I've had at least two glasses of Zag Kool-Aid. . .Nothing more this Zag fan can do 'cept wait for Friday to dawn. . .I feel like a kid the night before Christmas.

I am in the middle of spreadsheet hell at work due to a short notice data mining requirement; a mid-major project that will help the time pass tomorrow.

A good friend is coming over for the game and we'll fire up the grill before hand and watch the early contests, drink a few cocktails, and settle in for Zags vs. Tar Heels, Part II.

Try as I might to stay even-keeled, I know I'll be ecstatic should GU win and morose if they lose. . .if the latter circumstance occurs, I'll still remember this team for the special journeys made by Jeremy, Josh, and Micah. . .all three took unconventional paths to reach this point and all three in their own way reflect values and traditions that make being a Zag fan or being a Zag grad special.

Tar them Heels !
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • katman50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Couldn't Agree More! Go Zags!

NT

Comment

• Akzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Each season is special in its own right ...

One win tomorrow ...
      Survive ... Advance.
      Repeat as often as necessary.
      So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2008

Gonna work a half day, play some hoops after work, and stay busy til hoops comes on tv. I'm nervous as all get out, got the butterflies fluttering all over my stomach.

Comment

• FuManShoes
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post

Try as I might to stay even-keeled, I know I'll be ecstatic should GU win and morose if they lose. . .if the latter circumstance occurs, I'll still remember this team for the special journeys made by Jeremy, Josh, and Micah. . .all three took unconventional paths to reach this point and all three in their own way reflect values and traditions that make being a Zag fan or being a Zag grad special.

Tar them Heels !
          Yep, that sums it up nicely. Either we get a win for the ages or we say farewell to a set of seniors who have come to embody what this program is all about, who have built a legacy of achievement and redemption that cannot be topped. It's a win-win.
          “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• UberZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Reno, you seem so relaxed...Uber wants to know your secret?
            If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• baitcast
              Kennel Club Material
              • Oct 2007

I awoke this morning to find the economy and our IRA still in the toilet,the Red river is rising,North Korea is launching a missile and its doom and gloom most everywhere.

But for me its a day I have been looking forward to for ten years,the light at the end of the tunnel is within reach and we will prevail,the city of Memphis has offered all the help they can muster,for now we are the last of the little guys,we must carry the touch just a little farther,it will be a day we can look back on for years to come and smile.

Someone tell Robert we are gonna strap on a saddle on that big guy and ride him all the way to the final four next year no matter what happens to day.
              Rob out in the middle of nowhere AZ.............GO ZAGS

Comment

• Busboss
                Redshirt
                • Mar 2008

Hope the team slept better than I did last night. Gonna get off work early and try to catch a nap before the big event. I feel the Heals are ripe for the picking. We are going to need all the help we can get but IT CAN BE DONE.

It is a great day to be a ZAG and KICK some BUTT.

Comment

• MedZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

On my way up to Seattle in a few moments. Will be enjoying the game in the company of good ol' college friends, win or lose.

And yes, its very much like Christmas.
                  Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
                  You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• kclubfounder
                    Zag for Life
                    • Aug 2007

It is so great to be a sports fan (especially a Zag fan). My mood is so good that it really is like Christmas when I was 8. It may be a cliche but it is true.

I pity the fools who don't follow sports.

Comment

• malmer7
                      Kennel Club
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Busboss View Post
                      Hope the team slept better than I did last night. Gonna get off work early and try to catch a nap before the big event. I feel the Heals are ripe for the picking. We are going to need all the help we can get but IT CAN BE DONE.

It is a great day to be a ZAG and KICK some BUTT.
                      don't think i ever lost sleep over a zags game until last night. i'm always excited, never nervous about a game but that has all changed today...
                      i'm just glad i bought the march madness package so that if CBS tries to pull the zag game i'll be good to go still - the wife and i will be hitting up tomales and seeing if any california fair-weather fans want to stop in and watch the zags take on the big boys!

Comment

Reno, my friend, great post!

Comment

• baitcast
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Oct 2007

I,ve been a sports junkie all my life and do not understand anyone who is not,what do they do in their spare time? to not have a team to follow year in and year out,to miss these times? at my age it is even more important,hell I,m already lookin forward to next year.

Rob in nowhere AZ.................Get em Zags

Comment

• malmer7
                            Kennel Club
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by baitcast View Post
                            I,ve been a sports junkie all my life and do not understand anyone who is not,what do they do in their spare time? to not have a team to follow year in and year out,to miss these times? at my age it is even more important,hell I,m already lookin forward to next year.

Rob in nowhere AZ.................Get em Zags
                            haha, agree 100%
                            the only problem is that the zags have nearly ruined other sports for me - i'd say my rooting ability for my pro teams (SF Giants, Niners, etc) isn't 10% of what it is for the zags and once you come to that realization it makes it tough to follow those other teams! oh well, i'll live, go zags!

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

New Zagpresents for the Heels!

Definitely feeling the 'kid at Christmas' vibes. Wish I could make like a kid and sneak downstairs before the parental units awake and check out all the presents...ya know, the ones the Heels haven't seen before: Downs; Daye; Gray; Meech and Ira!
                              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Working...
                              X