PDA

View Full Version : Alerting GU Women's B-Ball coach...

Kiddwell
03-27-2007, 12:22 PM
...to high school talent.

I've asked West Ranch High School (Santa Clarita, CA) Girls Basketball's Coach Manalastas to alert GU to a trio of pretty good freshmen. They all played varsity this year, one starting. I told the coach I'd find out what email address to use.

Yes, these girls (all honors-level, good kids) may not end up being D1 talent, but each told me she expects to be recruited at that level. (Yes, kids dream big dreams...but what if?). I'd really like GU to get a head start. I realize they can't be recruited directly, but surely GU sends out "nice season" stuff to young kids with potential.

Anyway, can someone give me the email address? (I know WSU has a contact-the-coaches email address for football.)

Thanks.

:]

lothar98zag
03-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Whatever you do or don't do, please make sure it's all NCAA-approved.

HRZag
03-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Kiddwell,

Just be careful. NCAA can be touchy.

Here is link to all info you want and all the right people to proceed.

http://gozags.cstv.com/athleteservices/studentathlete-home.html

Kiddwell
03-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks,

My point is simply to have this high school's girls b-ball coach alert GU's women's b-ball coaches to keep an eye on these girls. Since my earlier post I've emailed Angelo for advice, help.

Thanks for keeping a sharp eye on this sensitive issue (i.e., recruiting). I, in no sense, want to jeopardize recruiting. I simply want GU to know about these girls early in case they turn out to be gems: that is, high school coach contacting GU's coaches.

Thanks again, Lothar & HR.

Regards,
:]