PDA

View Full Version : Lawson update!

ZagManFan
03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9374984/UNC's-Lawson-says-he'll-play-through-pain?MSNHPHMA

"On a scale of one to ten ten being the greatest how was it? Yesterday, he said, 'A six,"' Williams said. "How was it Saturday before the LSU game? He said about an eight, so that's not encouraging to me."

Hmmmmm

Baldwinzag
03-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Hmmmm is right. Wouldn't a "6" be considered better than an "8" on a scale from 1-10? Just sayin'.

KOzag08
03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Could this all be propoganda?

If true, could be encouraging ...

ZagLawGrad
03-26-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't see the Zags or our coaches cutting Mr. Lawson any slack. This will be as tough a physical game he will have seen in a while. I hope.

sullyzag66
03-26-2009, 01:54 PM
So, the best we can hope for is another tainted win?

former1dog
03-26-2009, 01:55 PM
If you believe that, I've got some nice waterfront property I'd like to show you.

Its called sandbagging and Ty Lawson did not invent the concept.

Just so I'm perfectly clear here. Roy Williams is purposefully overstating the severity of Lawson's injury so that our guys will let up a bit. It is a classic psychological ploy used in sports that has been known to be an effective tactic.

zagzealot
03-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Hmmmm is right. Wouldn't a "6" be considered better than an "8" on a scale from 1-10? Just sayin'.

Would you rather run into a "1" or a "10" on the beach? ;)

TheZagPhish
03-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Lawson will be there and will bring it. As f1 says, our crew had better prepare for him to better than normal and take it one play at a time.

OTOH, I really do hope that Lawson is healing up and getting more comfortable.

Baldwinzag
03-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Could this all be propaganda?

I think its more propaganda than anything else. "Toegate" has created a win-win situation for Lawson and his future draft stock. If he performs poorly, he was playing injured of course, and if he does well, he fought through injury and could you imagine how he'd play at full strength? I don't want to accuse Lawson of lying as I'm sure he has some pain/soreness in his toe, but we don't see Bouldin talking about his hyper-extended knee or Pargo's torn calf muscle and constantly creating war stories, so to speak.

If anyone watched the UNC-LSU game, Ty was clearly playing at full-speed and didn't appear limited whatsoever. He was the leading scorer for goodness sake. My point is everyone of these kids are playing with some sort of minor injury, soreness, strain, sprain, etc. No excuses or potential excuses, just play if you can and sit if you can't.

FuManShoes
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Disappointed. I was hoping to read here what The Toe had for lunch, or how it was liking the Memphis nightlife. Instead I get a '6.' Lame.

DoMieD
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I am so sick and tired of hearing about this guys toe!!!!!!!!!

MotoZag
03-26-2009, 02:11 PM
So, the best we can hope for is another tainted win?

A win is a win. Technically, we're without Sacre, so since his injury all games we've lost have been tainted. But that's not the way I look at it. Any great teams can still play, even with a star player on the bench.

UberZagFan
03-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Would you rather run into a "1" or a "10" on the beach? ;)

A six or seven.

Zerogame
03-26-2009, 02:18 PM
This time of the year I'll settle for a 5 on any beach.

cjm720
03-26-2009, 02:19 PM
I heard ESPN plans to have a full 30 minute show just on Lawson's toe, tonight. hahahaha

More than ridiculous...an example of lazy "journalism"

GO ZAGS!!!

USMC69
03-26-2009, 02:31 PM
This time of the year I'll settle for a 5 on any beach.

How bout a 4 with a "six pack".
GO ZAGS, BEAT UNC

mainer6
03-26-2009, 02:35 PM
I have an idea. Let's start posting news that Pargo will be playing with two prosthetic limbs. We won't mention which ones though.

zag944
03-26-2009, 02:37 PM
he scored a ton of points against LSU. he's fine.

that said, if he's playing even decently the media is going to be all over him like its the Michael Jordan flu game

CDC84
03-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Defend him as if he were 100%. If he isn't, it'll help Gonzaga, but they can't count on it.

B Wayne
03-26-2009, 02:53 PM
"Righto"

What?

"Righto"

What?

You're standing on my right toe!!!!

Rimshot. Thank you , thank you very much. I''ll be performing all week here at the Spokane Ramada Inn folks. Try the veal...

FrahmfortheWin
03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I have an idea. Let's start posting news that Pargo will be playing with two prosthetic limbs. We won't mention which ones though.

Its funny you mention it....heres a recently surfaced picture of Pargo from last summer on what was reportedly a 'weekend cruise to cancun'.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/rmarc/PargoPirate.jpg

misszigzag
03-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Its funny you mention it....heres a recently surfaced picture of Pargo from last summer on what was reportedly a 'weekend cruise to cancun'.

Hahahahaha!

mainer6
03-26-2009, 05:28 PM

That image ought to have the UNC fans buzzing. I don't think many of them are readers so the visual is key.

MDABE80
03-26-2009, 06:20 PM
At this point in the season expect anything/everything that'll possibly give any of these teams an edge. Don't believe anything. Ty too. They will come hard and with full force trying to be up by 10 early. If they get that far ahead, they won't give up the lead like last time.

Stakes are high. We must grind this one out..possession by possession. Not so worried about Josh and Ty. Not so much worried about Lawson/Meech -Pargo. It'll be Matt/Austin who will make this work. Micah could contribute tons if he can put together a 20-10 game. Defense and plenty of rebounding will win this...........possession by possession.