• SFZAG
    Redshirt
    • Feb 2007

Interesting Roy W. Quote on UNC board

• DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

I know the Context

I read that quote before, Roy Williams told Mark Few to call him before he ever thought of leaving Gonzaga. The context was Williams was out in Spokane (probably for the golf tourney) and Few was showing him around and telling him how much support he had at the school and in the city, and Roy said "Call me, if you are ever thinking of leaving) and of course he meant that as: You have a wonderful set-up, I have seen many friends burn bridges and leave too quickly for what looks like greener grass, so if you are contemplating leaving, call me and I am going to remind you of what you have.

The Heels are in conspiracy mode that Roy has him pegged as his successor or that Roy is leaving and has already chosen Few, whatever. Lets just beat them and be done with it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• HODGY
      Redshirt
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
      I read that quote before, Roy Williams told Mark Few to call him before he ever thought of leaving Gonzaga. The context was Williams was out in Spokane (probably for the golf tourney) and Few was showing him around and telling him how much support he had at the school and in the city, and Roy said "Call me, if you are ever thinking of leaving) and of course he meant that as: You have a wonderful set-up, I have seen many friends burn bridges and leave too quickly for what looks like greener grass, so if you are contemplating leaving, call me and I am going to remind you of what you have.

The Heels are in conspiracy mode that Roy has him pegged as his successor or that Roy is leaving and has already chosen Few, whatever. Lets just beat them and be done with it.
      The conspiracy thing seems to only be coming from a few posters. Most, like myself, interpret it as a kind offer of advice before making a tough decision to leave a place you love and enjoy (i.e. Roy coming back home from Kansas).

Comment

• FrahmfortheWin
        Kennel Club Material
        • Nov 2008

Or you can choose to look at it as Roy sees what a solid situation Gonzaga is and is telling Few, 'hey if you leave, call me I want the job!'

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Aren't the internets speshul !?!

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Robzagnut
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

Because Roy wants to smack Few along side the head and say, "Are you crazy?"

Comment

• MedZag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FrahmfortheWin View Post
              Or you can choose to look at it as Roy sees what a solid situation Gonzaga is and is telling Few, 'hey if you leave, call me I want the job!'
              +1
              Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
              You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• sdzag
                Kennel Club Alum
                • Feb 2007

Then it's settled Few can only leave for UNC! At least it takes care of the whole UA and Oregon rumors.
                SDZag does not represent the opinions of San Diego just the San Diegians on the Foo!

Comment

Working...
                X