PDA

View Full Version : Today at Gonzaga's Practice in the Forum in Memphis

MississppiZag
03-26-2009, 12:59 PM
First off, the team was really relaxed and having a great time. Robert Sacre is freakin huge. He is going to be a great one. Joseph(fellow Canadian) was chatting with Sacre. It was s good sight to see.

The team started off seriously, but became loose by the end of it. The big men did their drills, while the guards did their's. At the end Micah, Matt, Steven, and Jeremy shot from half-court. Micah swished his shot.

While entering the tunnel, I got Heytvelt, Downs, Sacre, Daye, Bouldin, and Pargo to sign my GU shirt. One of the best experience of my life.

Something random...A reporter from the Spokesman Review interviewed me and asked me how and why I was a fan of Gonzaga. He had his recorder going the whole time. Not sure who it was but he was a great guy. It felt kind of weird answering questions, but I had a great time.

Anyways, the team is ready and prepared for Friday Night. I can't wait to be there live. I forgot my camera today, but will be sure to take it tomorrow.:D

Saxon_zag
03-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Awesome man! lucky to be there

Zag365
03-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks Mississippi -- it is this kind of post that makes this Board so terrific.

KOzag08
03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
thanks for the info! I guess i can try and slow my heart rate down and sleep well tonight!? (Probably not ...) but thanks!

GO ZAGS

MississppiZag
03-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Also, saw (estimate) about 20-30 Gonzaga fans at the practice today. Wondering if any were from this board?

I'll probably have another update tomorrow as the atmosphere at the game should be great. Can't wait.

misszigzag
03-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Thank you for the update! Hope you are having a great time :)

gozagswoohoo
03-26-2009, 01:29 PM
AWESOME. You are so lucky to be down there already!! I'll be arriving at about 7pm, where are you sitting?

Remember, I'll have a #3 jersey that says "AMMO" on the back, and will have a bit of a ratted up white zags hat.

ZagLawGrad
03-26-2009, 01:54 PM
MZ---keep the good stuff coming!

eat some BBQ and report on it too

Oregon Zag
03-26-2009, 02:14 PM
I love this kind of report! Keep it coming, MZ.

Thanks!

Go Zags!!!

BobZag
03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
No camera?

Get a rope.

rfish80
03-26-2009, 02:40 PM
AWESOME. You are so lucky to be down there already!! I'll be arriving at about 7pm, where are you sitting?

Remember, I'll have a #3 jersey that says "AMMO" on the back, and will have a bit of a ratted up white zags hat.

Not the original "ratted up zags hat" that one was lost at sea... or lost on the river whatever you want to call it. Sad story that hat had lots of memories.

Have fun in Memphis without me!

MississppiZag
03-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm in Section 221, row P or Q.

Also, after the game Beale St is a great place to go, if you want great food and a fun time. I plan on getting a double order of the BBQ Nachos from Neely's, I recommend them woohoo.:D

Hope to see you there. I will either be wearing a grey Gonzaga hoodie or a grey Gonzaga shirt.

lothar98zag
03-27-2009, 01:41 PM
thanks for the report. hopefully GU gives you a good reason to lose your voice this weekend!