• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TuckC
    Kennel Club
    • Mar 2007

CBS Sportsline's "Edge"

They think North Carolina has a consistent edge over Gonzaga in regards to frontcourt, backcourt and coaching. Note that throughout the tournament those writers have really been rather specific with slight edges but they make it seem that it won't be close.
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

The only way it won't be close is if Gonzaga plays like they did vs Memphis. With six days to amp up for this, I don't foresee that happening. If the fellas can play a fully healthy UConn team straight up, then they can do the same Friday.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• TuckC
      Kennel Club
      • Mar 2007

I agree completely. Let's watch Jeremy eat some Burger All Americans for lunch.

Comment

• ZagInTexas
        Kennel Club Material
        • Mar 2009

I can see how CBS would think that UNC has an "edge" just because of the name recognition of some of its players. But I think Zags clearly have the edge in guard depth (Pargo, Bouldin, Downs, Meech, Gray). They come at you in Waves!

Comment

• TuckC
          Kennel Club
          • Mar 2007

Yes ZaginTexas,
          After Lawson you've got an incredibly inexperienced point guard and after Danny Green and Wayne Ellington you don't have much shooting options.

Comment

• Nittany Tar Heel
            Redshirt
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TuckC View Post
            Yes ZaginTexas,
            After Lawson you've got an incredibly inexperienced point guard and after Danny Green and Wayne Ellington you don't have much shooting options.
            Just as an FYI, Bobby Frasor is the backup PG. He's a senior who was the starting PG all year as a freshman. Larry Drew is the inexperienced one and he won't play more then 2-3 minutes as long as Lawson is healthy/not in foul trouble.

Frasor's jump shot is wildly erratic but he came in with a reputation as a great shooter. He doesn't have close to the speed of Lawson, but he doesn't make many mistakes and is our best overall perimeter defender, though he's a better matchup for a guy like Bouldin then a quicker player like Pargo.

Comment

• Heelsfan09
              Redshirt
              • Mar 2009

Its not because of the name UNC, its because they have been better this yr then the zags..The stats look close, but the zags have a SOS of 92 while UNC has 22, i can see why.Then u look at the rpi of 26 for the zags compared to 3 for UNC. The most telling stat is when the zags play a top 25 team they give up 75 ppg, thats 14 more then avg.. So basically the WCC is the reason the zags stats look good.

Comment

• MedZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Heelsfan09 View Post
                Its not because of the name UNC, its because they have been better this yr then the zags..The stats look close, but the zags have a SOS of 92 while UNC has 22, i can see why.Then u look at the rpi of 26 for the zags compared to 3 for UNC. The most telling stat is when the zags play a top 25 team they give up 75 ppg, thats 14 more then avg.. So basically the WCC is the reason the zags stats look good.
                Yes, because all of us who have been religiously following the Zags and watched every second of gameplay this season have no idea how to interpret our stats.
                Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
                You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• Saxon_zag
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2008

thanks for the expert analysis! Back to the scout board for you.

p.s. i can't believe an acc teams SOS is better than gonzaga's... insane!!

Comment

• bigblahla
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

It ain't what you did or who you played it's now how you play and how bad do you want it.

Nothing scary about UNC, damn good team. I say look'em in the eye and then kick their Tarheel tails. Take control and keep it.

Go!! Zags!!!
                    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

Working...
                    X