PDA

View Full Version : Desire or Execution More Important?

ZagLawGrad
03-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Or both?

The players on both teams have lived on the Court since they were little kids. Now, they play on elite college basketball teams. They know how to dribble, shoot, rebound and play D. They are very good basketball players on very good teams.

SO, does this game come down to who wants it more? Or will it be execution on the fundamentals? Or what?

I say the spoils will go to a victor who wanted it more than the other team---if you want it bad enough---the X's and O's will come together.

GonzagaDynasty
03-26-2009, 09:50 AM
This is a good question... I think UNC is so good that we need to execute perfectly, BUT they are also that good, AND North Carolina, so we need to have the desire. We need to play with a chip on our shoulders, play with heart, and give it 110% like the Zags of old.....

BobZag
03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Playing with desire, passion, whatever word fits, and I think the execution takes care of itself. Poise, smarts, aggressiveness, all lead to good things.

zag47
03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Guess what folks, we are now WKU. The difference is we are better than WKU. The desire is there, count on the perfomance and execution. The Zags are going to win outright. Shoot, I have enough desire to fule them.

ZagLawGrad
03-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Guess what folks, we are now WKU. The difference is we are better than WKU. The desire is there, count on the perfomance and execution. The Zags are going to win outright. Shoot, I have enough desire to fule them.

Good post Zag47

Nevtelen
03-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Playing with desire, passion, whatever word fits, and I think the execution takes care of itself. Poise, smarts, aggressiveness, all lead to good things.

If GU comes out with the energy of Nova or Missouri or Xavier, the Zags will win. No question in my mind. I think I've only seen GU come out with that kind of energy in a couple of games this season, so who knows. But it'd be nice.