Joakim Noah (Florida) 6-11 230 Jr. 3 100

Third team

Jeff Green (Georgetown) 6-9 235 Jr. 1 99
    Al Horford (Florida) 6-10 245 Jr. 2 88
    Aaron Brooks (Oregon) 6-0 160 Sr. 2 83
    Al Thornton (Florida State) 6-8 220 Sr. 3 61
    Aaron Gray (Pittsburgh) 7-0 270 Sr. 2 53

Honorable mention

Morris Almond (Rice); D.J. Augustin (Texas); Jahsha Bluntt (Delaware State); Mario Boggan (Oklahoma State); Corey Brewer (Florida); Derrick Byars (Vanderbilt); Jaycee Carroll (Utah State); Darren Collison (UCLA); Mike Conley Jr. (Ohio State); Chris Daniels (Texas A&M-Corpus Christi).

Glen Davis (LSU); Sean Denison (Santa Clara); Chris Douglas-Roberts (Memphis); Zabian Dowdell (Virginia Tech); A.J. Graves (Butler); Caleb Green (Oral Roberts); Taurean Green (Florida); Adam Haluska (Iowa); Roy Hibbert (Georgetown); Kyle Hines (UNC Greensboro).

Ibrahim Jaaber (Pennsylvania); Jarrius Jackson (Texas Tech); Dominic James (Marquette); Trey Johnson (Jackson State); Jared Jordan (Marist); Stephane Lasme (Massachusetts); Bo McCalebb (New Orleans); Javier Mojica (Central Connecticut State); Drew Neitzel (Michigan State); Demetris Nichols (Syracuse).

Aaron Nixon (Long Beach State); David Patten (Weber State); Courtney Pigram (East Tennessee State); Derek Raivio (Gonzaga); Drake Reed (Austin Peay); Arizona Reid (High Point); Brandon Rush (Kansas); Keith Simmons (Holy Cross); Sean Singletary (Virginia); Loren Stokes (Hofstra).

Rodney Stuckey (Eastern Washington); Curtis Sumpter (Villanova); Jamaal Tatum (Southern Illinois); Romeo Travis (Akron); Jamar Wilson (Albany, N.Y.); DaShaun Wood (Wright State); Julian Wright (Kansas); Keena Young (BYU).
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • IrishBulldog
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Congratulations, Derek!

That's a great accomplishment.

Comment

• Nevtelen
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Glad Derek is on there, but, um, wow. Dennison over Derek is looking kinda dumb. And Dennison over Stuckey? That's just being ignorant.

Comment

• 229SintoZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nevtelen View Post
        Glad Derek is on there, but, um, wow. Dennison over Derek is looking kinda dumb. And Dennison over Stuckey? That's just being ignorant.
        I think the honorable mentions are just listed alphabetically.

Comment

• Nevtelen
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Ah. I was taking the line-breaks as indicative of "higher" ranking or something. My bad.

Comment

• cggonzaga
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Is it just me or does that many honorable mention AA's not mean that much?

Comment

• former1dog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
              Is it just me or does that many honorable mention AA's not mean that much?

Probably just you. By my count, there are between 3500 to 4000 Div 1 basketball players, not to mention all the other Divisions and NAIA. I would guess most would love to have the honor of an honorable mention AA.

Comment

• BobZag
                Dark Lord of the Zag
                • Jan 2007

Congrats to Derek.

Aaron Gray is way overrated.
                The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Nevtelen
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I commented on that before the season (Aaron Gray, that is). I think the tourney has bourne my opinion out. He's a decent player and all, just not nearly as good as the hype around him, sort of like Killingsworth last year.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

"Probably just you. By my count, there are between 3500 to 4000 Div 1 basketball players, not to mention all the other Divisions and NAIA. I would guess most would love to have the honor of an honorable mention AA."

I agree most would love to have the honor but what does it really mean? You were put on a list with 65 other guys. I'm sure there's another 200 that deserve it every bit as much. Personally I think it's a nice honor but a little ridiculous. Name 25 and leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                    X