PDA

View Full Version : Morrison Picked UNC to Beat US in the Sweet 16

Ezag
03-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Damn, say it isn't so! :D

http://www.examiner.com/x-2505-LA-Sports-Examiner~y2009m3d25-Youre-invited-to-a-Lakers-pool-party

Adam Morrison

Sharing co-leader duties with Brown, Lakers newbie Adam Morrison also weighs in with 51 points thus far.

Morrison had a few first round slip-ups but nothing completely unforgiveable. He decided to shake things up with a couple early upsets like Utah St. over Marquette and Western Kentucky over Illinois. Only the latter proved true.

Morrison had Florida St. in the Sweet 16. Hmm. Perhaps he overrated them just a bit seeing as how the Seminoles were narrowly edged by Wisconsin in the first round. Going with an ACC team is sometimes the safe bet, though.

Maybe the most stunning aspect of the bracket is his UNC over Gonzaga pick in the Sweet 16. Kudos to Morrison for not succumbing to his presumed Bulldog bias. I guess I just expected it. My bad.

Morrison likes Louisville, Pittsburgh, Memphis, and UNC as the Final Four, with the Tarheels winning it all. Hey, same as Obama. Collaboration maybe?

lothar98zag
03-25-2009, 09:14 PM
eh, no biggie, I'm sure at least a few Zags that post here have GU losing to UNC in at least one of their brackets....

MedZag
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
eh, no biggie, I'm sure at least a few Zags that post here have GU losing to UNC in at least one of their brackets....

Guilty... in half my brackets. :D

zag buddy
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I think he did it for a no lose situation. If we win he's exstatic, if not his basketball pool looks good. We know where his heart is.

TheZagPhish
03-25-2009, 10:21 PM
It's cool and all. Still, I neg repped him. ;)

ZagsGoZags
03-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah, if I had to bet big money, I'd probably go with UNC,
then I wouldn't feel completely bad if I lost the bet.

He is probably focusing on odds, not his emotions.
Like someone said, we know where his heart is.

MedZag
03-25-2009, 10:39 PM
As a person who has known Morri personally, I know there are a lot of things Adam is, and a lot of things that Adam isn't. Both publicised and unpublicized.

But there is one thing that Adam is, beyond a doubt, down to every red blood cell in his body and every remaining beta cell in his body... it's that he's a Zag fan. The guy bleeds the program along with the best of them.

ZagManFan
03-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Well he does have a lot of time sitting on the bench to do his bracket. Wish the Zen Master would put him in at least once a week.

Ezag
03-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Well he does have a lot of time sitting on the bench to do his bracket. Wish the Zen Master would put him in at least once a week.

+1

I don't want to wish ill will on anyone but I think an injury here and there is the only thing that is going to get Adam in right now or if the Lakers have a 20 point lead in the 4th.

malmer7
03-26-2009, 08:05 AM
glad to say unlike morrison i do have the zags beating unc tomorrow...
bad news is, i'm in last place in all my pools (with 1 bracket) so if the pattern holds true we're in trouble

LongIslandZagFan
03-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Something tells me Adam will be very happy if his bracket blows up tomorrow night with a Zag win.

Disclaimer, the more money I put into a bracket, the more likely UNC got picked over GU. :(

ZagLawGrad
03-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Can't criticize Ammo over that pick. We all know he hopes the pick is wrong.

ZagManFan
03-26-2009, 08:42 AM
+1

I don't want to wish ill will on anyone but I think an injury here and there is the only thing that is going to get Adam in right now or if the Lakers have a 20 point lead in the 4th.

He did get 5 minutes in the blowout against the Thunder Tuesday.

MEZAG
03-26-2009, 08:45 AM
glad to say unlike morrison i do have the zags beating unc tomorrow...
bad news is, i'm in last place in all my pools (with 1 bracket) so if the pattern holds true we're in trouble

I have the zags going all the way and I am in the lead in the office pool. Lets hope I win the whole thing.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-26-2009, 08:50 AM
I picked Gonzaga in every bracket I filled out. Even the $$ brackets. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I'm just not wired to do anything differently.

ZagLawGrad
03-26-2009, 08:53 AM
... Maybe I'm a sucker...

Maybe, but I'm hoping you don't turn out to be a sucker.

former1dog
03-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Gonzaga has "ruined" my bracket for at least the last 10 years if not more. If they lose tomorrow, they'll ruin this years bracket also.

hockeyzag
03-26-2009, 09:03 AM
My bracket will forever live and die with Gonzaga. And I'm fine with that.

ZagSlug
03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
So I guess we are not going to have Adam excommunicated from GU?

I can hardly imagine the amount of money it takes to get into an NBA team's NCAA bracket.

webspinnre
03-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I've got us losing in the Elite 8, and my wife has us losing tomorrow. Hopefully them winning will ruin everything. :)