PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga-UNC prediction thread

UNCbiz
03-25-2009, 03:09 PM
I'll get it kicked off. Shocker, I'm picking UNC in what should be a close game for the most part, but I think we'll pull away down the stretch...

UNC 86
Zags 76

What say you?

lothar98zag
03-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Reborn is going to be mad you started his thread. ;)

Lothar's pick - Zags by 1 or more. :pray:

...and even though I don't like what it says for the bottom line, I'll continue to pimp kenpom.com: UNC W (55%), 83-82

TuckC
03-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Why do UNC fans think that own everything? Seriously, if nothing made me dislike UNC this week it was all for not after seeing this and the lame posts from today. Talk about disrespectful.

Zags 87
UNC 82

MedZag
03-25-2009, 03:35 PM
I am hesitant to make a numbers prediction. I will state my feelings around this game with the following sentence.

I expect UNC to win. But it would not surprise me if the Zags win.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Gonzaga 80
UNC 78

Gonzaga jumps out to a double digit lead in first half. UNC rallies takes the lead midway through second half. Zags hold strong. Back and forth down the stretch. Zags pull it out in the final minute.

Baldwinzag
03-25-2009, 03:39 PM
I'll get it kicked off. Shocker, I'm picking UNC in what should be a close game for the most part, but I think we'll pull away down the stretch...

UNC 86
Zags 76

What say you?

UNCbiz, it appears you've succumbed to the Gonzaga effect. Have you find yourself beginning to spend more time on GUboards than your own? Do you notice yourself falling for the Zags and our community a bit more everyday? Its warm and cozy over here isn't it? No worries UNCbiz, it happens to most. Don't be surprised to find your heart secretly rooting for the Zags on Friday even when your head says "Heels". Welcome aboard, I'm sure we'll be seeing you, win or lose;) .

253ZAG04
03-25-2009, 03:44 PM
I also think it will be a close game. I think the guard play is a relative scratch. IT is going to come down to the big guys in the middle. Unfortunately the Zags are missing Sacre and they have been soft inside because of it. Daye likes to float too much on the wing and we need fouls down there. If Foster can make a small impact -if he even plays- like he did in the UCONN game then the Zags will pull it out. Assuming that it we hit our jumpers, too.

UberZagFan
03-25-2009, 03:45 PM
UNCbiz, it appears you've succumbed to the Gonzaga effect. Have you find yourself beginning to spend more time on GUboards than your own? Do you notice yourself falling for the Zags and our community a bit more everyday? Its warm and cozy over here isn't it? No worries UNCbiz, it happens to most. Don't be surprised to find your heart secretly rooting for the Zags on Friday even when your head says "Heels". Welcome aboard, I'm sure we'll be seeing you, win or lose;) .

It happen to 83Topper. He's been around since the Alaska Shootout in '07.

As for a prediction, Uber predicts he'll be praying for his birthday wish to come true!!!

ZagLawGrad
03-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Check with me tomorrow.

speed21
03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
43-40 at the half. The Zags will be up!

Make my second half prediction tomorrow.:D

UncleJam
03-25-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb, with an extremely bold prediction....

.....the team that scores the most points will win the game.

LynetteG
03-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Zags win by 5, both teams scoring in the 80s

bigblahla
03-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Reborn is going to be mad you started his thread. ;)Lothar's pick - Zags by 1 or more. :pray:

lothar you're stealing my thunder here I have a streak going of correctly picking the Zags winning margin of 1+ and it shall continue. :D
Go!! Zags!!!

kitzbuel
03-25-2009, 05:42 PM
If the Zags are gonna win, they are gonna win by 10. They'll get there at the free throw line (there's a bold prediction!)

TacomaZAG
03-25-2009, 05:47 PM
in a track meet, say 90-88. Bouldin drains a 3 with 2 seconds to go, for the win.

Great game, all come away saying it is an instant classic.

Go ZAGS

RenoZag
03-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Early in the game Ty Lawson's toe gets stepped on in a mad scramble for a rebound. He does his best Willis Reed impression but cannot continue. UNC rallies round their fallen hero and makes it a tight one, 40-38, at the half, Zags up by a deuce.

A back and forth second half entertains the FedEx forum throng, and the lead changes hands 6 times in twenty minutes. Both teams run into foul trouble as lead official Dave Libbey shows a national television audience why he's the best official on the planet.

With :20 to go, and the score tied, UNC has an in-bounds pass affected by Austin Daye; Turnover! The Zags work the clock down before scoring on a Josh Heytvelt put-back of a Jeremy Pargo lay-up that circles the rim before careening towards Heytvelt's outstretched hand. A last posession half court shot by Tyler H misses the iron and the Zags move on to the Elite 8 by a 2 point margin.

Immediately following, the GUBoard is swamped by St. Mary's fans who claim the win is "tainted" due to Lawson's injury. . .

;)

skan72
03-25-2009, 06:29 PM
I have a bet going with a friend, and I completely believe in it. The Zags by 7 or more.

Micah GOES OFF.

johnwzag
03-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Whatever will be will be....The future is not our to see...Go Zags...Go Zags!

phototiger
03-25-2009, 07:01 PM
destroy UNC. YEAH!!!. hell even if you lose i will piss in the UNC bus gas tank for you.

Zags by 4 in a squeaker, carried home by Memphis Tiger locals cheering you on.

God it is so cool you guys are here. I really hope you advance.

UNCbiz
03-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I have a bet going with a friend, and I completely believe in it. The Zags by 7 or more.

Micah GOES OFF.
You're giving your friend UNC and 7 points? I want some of that action! Name your price.

ZagManFan
03-25-2009, 08:11 PM
OK, I had the "dream" last night. We were up 46-41 at the half and then my alarm clock went off. The box score was Josh with 22, Bouldin with 20 and Pargo with 20. I love how dreams never add up. Maybe that was the final box score.

skan72
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
You're giving your friend UNC and 7 points? I want some of that action! Name your price.

Giving him? No, he made a poor decision and chose UNC, he was having a bad day. Give him a break.

jim77
03-26-2009, 12:01 AM
I'll have to work the juices up for this one.

First off, I think the Zags need to chew up a chunk of the shot clock on offense. They need to be sharp with their passes and the players need to be moving..standing around on offense won't cut it. I saw MD's flex give NC problems..and hope ours does too. I'm not really too worried about Tyler...cause he still can't shoot over Josh. He'd have a hard time shooting over Austin....though the guy is a heck of a scrapper. He'll get his but, I don't think he'll put up huge numbers. I think we'll do an ok job of slowing the transiton game...I hope. The nice thing is we do have a guy that is as quick as Lawson....MEECH. I'm thinking Meech will get more playing time than most think. NC has very good athletes but, I do not think they are quicker than Memphis...on the ball I know they are not. Me thinks NC has NOBODY who can stay in front of MEECH...Memphis didn't....especially with TY's toe problem.......I'm thinking Meech will steal some of Matt's and JP's minutes and score 12 points....better yet he will give TY all he wants.

Zags squeek by 85-81

I think the Tarheels's pride will make them play man "d"......they'll wish the played us zone...then again Roy is a sharp guy and they'll probably end up switching it up.

DoMieD
03-26-2009, 12:33 AM
87-83 Zags!

And I'm not being a homer, I truely believe the Zags will win this game!

UNCbiz
03-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Giving him? No, he made a poor decision and chose UNC, he was having a bad day. Give him a break.
Bad day or not, he's going to make some money! ;)

LongIslandZagFan
03-26-2009, 05:51 AM
My prediction for this game....

More Cowbell!

ZagMania
03-26-2009, 06:02 AM
UNC 78-73, a thin frontcourt will cost us this game.

Prove me wrong.

bartruff1
03-26-2009, 07:23 AM
are right and the toe is ok....my head tells me UNC 88....Gonzaga 79...but if is is true that Tonya Harding has big money on the Zags and has been seen in the Memphis area....then...Gonzaga 85 .. UNC 79....

UNCbiz
03-26-2009, 07:46 AM
are right and the toe is ok....my head tells me UNC 88....Gonzaga 79...but if is is true that Tonya Harding has big money on the Zags and has been seen in the Memphis area....then...Gonzaga 85 .. UNC 79....
LOL. I'm sure the security detail we have on that golden toe would rival that of the Pope.