PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Final Four results

lothar98zag
03-27-2007, 08:06 AM
see the poll - add comments as you like

UberZagFan
03-27-2007, 11:45 AM
My mind says Florida but my pocketbook is rooting for OSU.

Alas, my heart is with the GU of the East, as always.

With that, the best thing that could happen come Saturday is see UCLA up by 20 with 10 to go and lose it all on a last second shot.

Oregon Zag
03-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I predict Florida will take it all, but $ in the family is on Georgetown. Then, again, a PAC 10 team taking the prize would be delicious. My last team went out with North Carolina. Madness...

former1dog
03-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Heart and Brain are with the Hoya's.

Akzag
03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Bet against what I'm wearing ...

Zag gear on ... they lost ...

Cougs (rose bowl shirt circa Leaf) ... they lost

Duck sweatshirt on ... they lost

Screw it ... today I have the Georgetown shirt WITH an Ohio State hat

FWIW ... I do not own anything with Florida, Gators, UCLA, Bruins on it, so it looks like the winner will come from that semi ... if you wish to jinx them, send appropriate gear to ....

Rubbadub
03-27-2007, 04:00 PM
gotta go with more cowbell on this one.

Bocco
03-27-2007, 04:17 PM
My heart says Georgetown. My mind says Florida. The best thing is I can watch the final four enjoy the games and not anguish over who will win.

ZagDaddy
03-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I had a dream before the tournament started that Ohio State would win it all. I don't know how much stock I put in that sort of thing but for fun I'm sticking with that. With the couple of miracle wins they've pulled off already they are kinda looking like a team of destiny.

NJZag
03-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Heart and Brain are with the Hoya's.

Attaboy!! To keep you in that FIRED UP spirit ...

Mobbing the streets near campus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCYx4jVZcBo&mode=related&search=

Special times on-campus. [Note: one of the "reports from campus" mentions the players were lifting students to do dunks while they were waiting on line to get student section tickets at the FF. There are 1,000 allotted. With slightly under 6,000 undergrads, that means 1 in 6 kids will get tickets.]

http://hoyatalk2.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1175008393

Group Insanity: Hoyas + bananas = good luck

http://hoyatalk2.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1175014505

(This is due to an anecdote Al Maguire told the team a few decades ago when he was guest speaker at a team banquet.)

Here’s to making dreams come true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7TwnxcxEnI

... it'll be OUR turn to celebrate a Final Four one of these years!

former1dog
03-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Ha. I knew you'd like that NJZag.

I think we're in a pool together, so you can check out my picks as I made them before this all started. Just so you know I'm not "jumping on the bandwagon". :D

NJZag
03-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Ha. I knew you'd like that NJZag.

I think we're in a pool together, so you can check out my picks as I made them before this all started. Just so you know I'm not "jumping on the bandwagon". :D

Even if you WERE on a late-tournament bandwagon, it would be forgiven. When there are four schools and one of them is

#1 SMALL (6,000 undergrads)
and
#2 JESUIT (oldest in the U.S.)

should there ever be any doubt about which one to pick?

People get so caught up in the PAST and the success of the 1980's, that they start associating Hoyas with BIG. If anything, the mostly Catholic schools that made up the majority of the original BIG EAST were the functional equivalent of the WCC. Small (do they get any smaller than Providence which might still be the smallest D-1 out there?), urban, and all the original members were lacking D-1 football. The football schools got grafted on later.

lothar98zag
03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Florida - UCLA: I don't see enough difference between these two team from last years title game to expect a different result.

Georgetown - OSU: :confused: flip a coin... (I will be cheering for G-town)

I guess this means I think Florida wins it all again. But the stress/pressure to repeat may finally catch up to them this weekend... :confused:

lothar98zag
03-29-2007, 01:08 PM
FWIW, after 50 (non-more cowbell) votes the results are:

Votes to get to the finals:
Florida - 38
Georgetown - 31
OSU - 19
UCLA - 12

Winning it all:
Florida - 24
Georgetown - 15
OSU - 6
UCLA - 5

LongIslandZagFan
03-29-2007, 01:14 PM
and the fact that I despise the other three programs, I am going with the Hoyas all the way.

TuckC
03-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I can't believe I am saying this but...

Florida def. UCLA- Too much down low presences for the Bruins. Watch Joakim Noah make love to the camera :vomit-smiley-007:

Ohio St. def. Georgetown- Oden will dominate Hibbert. I swear. Hibbert will get in early foul trouble (as always) and it will take more than the Thompson connection to take out the Buckeyes.

Ohio St. def. Florida- I dunno. Intuition. Just makes sense. Even though it makes perfect insanity.:allhail:

lothar98zag
03-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Friday bump

NJZag
03-31-2007, 05:13 AM
and the fact that I despise the other three programs, I am going with the Hoyas all the way.

You are a man of uncommon good taste, LIZF. Thought you might enjoy this tale of how their coach most tastefully "wines and dines" recruits on his home visits, as recounted by one of his former Princeton players.

http://www.nbcsports.com/cbk/1291629/detail.html :)

And for some fun, out of a TV station in Fargo, ND ... a link and then under the Sports section, click "Fargo Fanatic" about the pediatrician / alumnus who's been creating parody songs to support the Hoyas the past three years. (SiliconZag will "relate" to this.)

http://www.wday.com/tv/?page=newscast

lothar98zag
03-31-2007, 01:59 PM
FWIW, after 50 (non-more cowbell) votes the results are:

Votes to get to the finals:
Florida - 38
Georgetown - 31
OSU - 19
UCLA - 12

Winning it all:
Florida - 24
Georgetown - 15
OSU - 6
UCLA - 5
OSU got a few more last minute votes than Georgetown to get closer to 2nd place in the voting, but overall the above summary is still valid.

Time for the games to start...