PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few on the Colin Cowherd show

bigparb
03-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Fewie was on this morning....only heard the end on my way into work, but Herd told Few he would be insane to leave Gonzaga--great community, family, fly fishing, quality of life, yadda yadda yadda--and then he compared Gonzaga Basketball to Texas Football, in terms of jobs that a coach would be an idiot to leave.....

carry on

g-ride
03-25-2009, 11:24 AM
This morning Mark Few was on ESPN radio with Colin Cowherd. They pretty much talked about the matchup against UNC. The part that I really like though was Colin told Few that he would be nuts if he ever left Gonzaga, saying that Gonzaga basketball is one of the best gigs, so why would you want to leave it. Few agreed, so hopefully he stays at Gonzaga for awhile.

GonzagaDynasty
03-25-2009, 11:27 AM
This morning Mark Few was on ESPN radio with Colin Cowherd. They pretty much talked about the matchup against UNC. The part that I really like though was Colin told Few that he would be nuts if he ever left Gonzaga, saying that Gonzaga basketball is one of the best gigs, so why would you want to leave it. Few agreed, so hopefully he stays at Gonzaga for awhile.

I didnt get to hear the interview, but Im curious to know one thing. How did you feel when Few talked about staying at Gonzaga? Did he sound genuine, or not?

All the Oregon fan are all but convinced he is coming to Eugene......

g-ride
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I could not really tell how genuine he was. Thats not really my specialty. One thing they did discuss was Gonzaga is a one team school, basketball. So Few is pretty much king at GU. At Oregon (they did not talk about Oregon specifically but west coast schools in general) football takes precedence over basketball and it did not seem like Few wanted to take a backseat to another coach.

Tmac5360
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Few said that he knows how lucky he is and so does his wife. He sounded like he was genuine. He knows what a great gig it is.

MBZags
03-25-2009, 12:22 PM
From the interview, I got the impression that Few definitely wants to finish his career at Gonzaga.

LynetteG
03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
trust me on this... the way to keep Few here is to keep the wife happy. If momma ain't happy daddy ain't gonna be happy either.

gmo
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
amazing how many radio shows Few has been on already...

Jim Rome, nationally syndicated
Doug Gottlieb, ESPN Radio nationally
Colin Cowherd, ESPN Radio national
... know i am missing some, someone help me...

I was thinking about it this morning how big it is for a program to get to the Sweet 16. Besides all of the obvious, (well maybe this is too!) the extra 4-5 days of exposure during the break is huge. Sports Illustrated... national radio... national TV... stories in Washington Post, NY Times, USA Today, etc. Really is publicity you just can't buy or measure.

That said, it is even bigger during the break between the Elite 8 and the Final 4! :) Go Zags.

lothar98zag
03-25-2009, 01:43 PM

I was thinking about it this morning how big it is for a program to get to the Sweet 16. Besides all of the obvious, (well maybe this is too!) the extra 4-5 days of exposure during the break is huge. Sports Illustrated... national radio... national TV. Really publicity you just can't buy or measure.

That said, it is even bigger during the break between the Elite 8 and the Final 4! :) Go Zags.
Dan Patrick Show

FuManShoes
03-25-2009, 01:44 PM

I was thinking about it this morning how big it is for a program to get to the Sweet 16. Besides all of the obvious, (well maybe this is too!) the extra 4-5 days of exposure during the break is huge. Sports Illustrated... national radio... national TV. Really publicity you just can't buy or measure.

He was on Dan Patrick yesterday
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/58844/index.html

drogba11
03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I hope to God we never lose Mark Few as a head coach. He's a terrific individual. He has it great at Gonzaga, I hope he knows how much the fans adore him. I hope the next president of GU understands his importants to the community and unity the campus together through the bball program. Mark your the best! Don't leave us!