PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! Lawson to play Friday

zagsfan21
03-24-2009, 05:12 PM
"It's getting better," Lawson said Tuesday. "I'm walking on it better. Hopefully in a couple of days, it'll be back to 100 percent."

It sounds like he may be forcing it a bit, judging from the article. Fine by me.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/mens-tournament/03/24/lawson.ap/index.html

DoMieD
03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Good, want them to be full strength.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Good, want them to be full strength.

Exactly. We want nothing that will taint this victory.

johnwzag
03-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Good they will be full strength.

I sure hope the doctors know what they are doing. This young man has an excellent future.

chipchildress
03-24-2009, 06:05 PM
well the docs said no more injections, so whatever he's feeling now is natural. if it isn't hurting too badly after the lsu game, i'm guessing he'll be alright. were they to advance, i'd have to wonder about playing two days later though.

Ziggy
03-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Good thing! we don't want no taints, do we? We would never, I repeat: NEVER, hear the end of it!

bartruff1
03-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Exactly. We want nothing that will taint this victory. I have been talking to the Tonya Harding People all week...:D

ZagManFan
03-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Please stop with the talk about we want them at full health. If Lawson is hurt that is a big plus for us and I will take it. If he can't go (highly doubt it) and we win I could care less if it's "tainted". We will be in the elite 8 and 3 wins shy of a National Championship.

Tainted or not, I will take it.

montanazag88
03-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Don't believe anything about UNC injury reports. GU has no advantage. Lawson will be huge for them. RW knows exactly what he is doing and has driven this train before. UNC will create a hero of Lawson regardless of the truth and it will work against us if we consider anything less than Lawson at full strength. Bring your A game or don't get on the bus. Prepare for 110% as the TV timeouts will provide adequte rest. Think rebounds, defense and no 3's 'til ahead by 12.

ZagLawGrad
03-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Please stop with the talk about we want them at full health. If Lawson is hurt that is a big plus for us and I will take it. If he can't go (highly doubt it) and we win I could care less if it's "tainted". We will be in the elite 8 and 3 wins shy of a National Championship.

Tainted or not, I will take it.

ZMF has a point....And if UNC loses, it'll be blamed on Lawson not being at full throttle any way. If UNC wins, the storyline will be that Lawson fought through a serious injury to carry the day.

Either way, it's not likely he'll be 100% with that kind of injury. It just sounds like he has enough talent that even running at 80% he's still a better player than mere mortals.