PDA

View Full Version : X Factor?

cjm720
03-24-2009, 09:03 AM
I truly believe that the destiny of this team is controlled by the collective effort of many. No single person is as important as in the past (Pargo last year; Ammo in '06.) Our roster is loaded!

That said, a single person can helpt to make a difference. Against NC, who do you think the "X" Factor will be? And/Or do you think there is a single important player for this team to see success on Friday?

I think we need the X Factor to be either Gray and/or Daye...if they combine for 25+ and we get the normal effort from the rest of the team, we will be tough to beat.

This is more from an offensive perspective. We need to play tough D if there's any chance (obviously).

go zags!!!!

ZagnetitForce
03-24-2009, 09:14 AM
I truly believe that the destiny of this team is controlled by the collective effort of many. No single person is as important as in the past (Pargo last year; Ammo in '06.) Our roster is loaded!

That said, a single person can helpt to make a difference. Against NC, who do you think the "X" Factor will be? And/Or do you think there is a single important player for this team to see success on Friday?

I think we need the X Factor to be either Gray and/or Daye...if they combine for 25+ and we get the normal effort from the rest of the team, we will be tough to beat.

This is more from an offensive perspective. We need to play tough D if there's any chance (obviously).

go zags!!!!

I have been thinking about this as well and my thoughts were if Josh and Pargo can come close to equaling Tyler and Ty (stats-wise) and Matt and Micah play how they have been playing....then Austin is the x-factor. And boy is he due for a BIG breakout performance.

Secondly would be the "bench". Gray/Meech and Brown should out perform NC's bench in order to pull off the victory.

FuManShoes
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I think Gray has got to show up and do his thing, to the tune of 12-17 points. Gotta bury some treys, get to the rack, grab some offensive boards and make an +1 or two. The guy can be a dynamo and has shown it before in big games. He's due for another big performance. I kinda hope Few had that talk with him that he had with Bouldin: Be accountable for your team's success, demand the ball and don't be a spectator out there.

On the other hand I worry Daye will press, will try too hard to be the player everyone keeps saying he should be. I don't want to see contested shots over three defenders. Break down your man but dish if the shot isn't there. Run teh floor, be a force on the boards or at least a presence. And get some guys in foul trouble. Take some contact, fight through it intelligently and DO NOT give the zebras an excuse to call chippy crap that lands you back on the bench. We need your length and versatility out there, pulling UNCs bigs out of the paint so Heyt can do some damage.

DADoZAG
03-24-2009, 09:27 AM
I have been thinking about this as well and my thoughts were if Josh and Pargo can come close to equaling Tyler and Ty (stats-wise) and Matt and Micah play how they have been playing....then Austin is the x-factor. And boy is he due for a BIG breakout performance.

Secondly would be the "bench". Gray/Meech and Brown should out perform NC's bench in order to pull off the victory.

We'd be in trouble if Pargo tries to "equalize" Lawson, imo. Pargo needs to stay within himself.

I would agree that Daye is the X-Factor. It's time for him to be what he thinks he is, and what we all have seen glimses off.