• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 23dpg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Inside Carolina

Is anyone else having trouble getting on their basketball forum?
    Birds aren’t real.
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

According to the Coug board (who played them in the Sweet 16 last year) the "applications for membership" were approved about a week after the game was played.

I've been a member over there since the Marvin Williams' recruitment.
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• 23dpg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I am a member also, I just can't get the page to open.
      Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• dpouley
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

Honestly, there are not a ton of GU threads over there...

Here is an example of a pretty conceited and damn right cocky post:

No more of this Hilltopper stuff.... zags are about to go into the fire.

Since losing to Memphis on 2/7/09, the mighty Zags have defeated:

St.Marys
        San Francisco
        Loyola Marymount
        Pepperdine
        Santa Clara
        San Diego
        USC Upstate (*** is that?)
        Santa Clara
        St. Mary's
        Akron
        W. Kentucky (barely)

They have no idea, other than the Memphis result, what is headed their way.
        and here is an example of a more level headed post:
        Heytveldt owned Tyler in that game, which I personally attended at MSG. Bobby started at PG and actually played OK--and Lawson from the bench scored 11 on 4 of 5 shooting. As bad as that game was, it would have been worse without Brandan Wright in there--over 20 points and 13 rebounds.

This time around Gonzaga is easily the best #4 team in the NCAAT and a tough out. Pomeroy gives us a 1 point edge and sagarin 4 points. They are as experienced as we are, as balanced as we are, and bigger. If Ty's toe keeps him out, we don't have a chance.

What worries me is our overdependence on the guards. Yesterday we lose without the sterling play of both Wayne and Ty. We got beat on the boards, and we didn't seem to me to have much of an inside game. And, once again, Danny was so-so--couldn't hit spit, but got some boards. Bobby scored zero points and had zero assists, but still had a good game, a good 17 minutes.

Gonzaga only lost badly once this year--to Memphis--but played UConn and some others pretty tough.

While Memphis is a lot closer to Chapel Hill than to Spokane, WA, I think the neutral court might even favor Gonzaga because the crowd will likely root for the underdog.
        Reply | Quote
        And finally, I can't decide if this one is inappropriate or funny:

Just leave a bag of shrooms in the hallway outside Heytvelt's hotel room the night before the game, knock on the door, and run.
        I think that the second post shows that some of the Tarheel fans are pretty knowledgeable. The others...

Comment

Working...
        X