PDA

View Full Version : Kennel Club East

surfmonkey89
03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Has anyone looked into sending some t-shirts to Memphis fans and/or students and having them help create a Kennel Club atmosphere over there?

Are there any KC members making the trip? Maybe they can bring some gear along with them, or maybe the team can take some stuff with them on the plane and distribute it?

Every little bit helps...

gozagswoohoo
03-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Cool idea. Unfortunatley...I may not be much help. My crew and I are in the nosebleed section....row V. Now, I have been going over the alphabet quite a bit lately with my infant son, and if my calculations are correct, row V would put me approximatley 4 rows from the ceiling....

I am bringing a $4500 telescope in hopes of being able to view the court.

Come to think of it, maybe if I could find one of those horn thingies like they used in the Ricolo commercials, the people in the lower sections could hear my cheers?

CB4
03-24-2009, 07:36 AM
I saw on FOX 28 or one of the Spokane area newscasts that the school has been alotted 500 tickets for students and alumni and as of last night not one person has called to obtain them.

BobZag
03-24-2009, 09:01 AM
I saw on FOX 28 or one of the Spokane area newscasts that the school has been alotted 500 tickets for students and alumni and as of last night not one person has called to obtain them.

Actually the tix are all taken, but only a handful of students due to classes and distance and traveling prices. Alums and boosters have gobbled them up.

2011Zag
03-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Myself and three other KC members will be making the 30 hour journey to the game. It really would be cool if we could manage to get 30 or 40 KC t-shirts and hand them out among the boosters and blue hairs and let them pretend to be 20 years old again.

Wish us luck, our trek begins an sunrise tomorrow morning.

The first 30 seconds of this video explains us pretty well. I think Achilles/Brad Pitt was actually talking about the FedEx Forum, not a beach. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTJ4-bLQKK0&feature=related

BobZag
03-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Good one, 2011. :)

Take that forum.

MDZag
03-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Kennel Club has to have some extra coin laying around that they can throw toward printing a couple hundred shirts that could then be passed out to people in the arena.

2011Zag you should get in touch with the president and see what you guys can work out. You could just hand the shirts out to those walking into the arena.

BoZarth
03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
drive carefully and relish every moment.

Go Zags!!!!

2011Zag
03-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I just talked to Student Life and they said they can definitely do shirts.

I am also hoping the KC, Student Life or someone will help sponsor us. The KC payed for all student tickets for the games in Portland but right now they aren't doing it for Memphis so we payed the 160 dollars a ticket out of our pocket.

Can't wait for the game

HOOTER
03-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Alums and boosters have gobbled them up.

I guess we'll have to rely on Memphis fans to make some noise.