PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck from a Memphis Fan...

UMTiger117
03-23-2009, 03:28 PM
in Memphis (South Region) against UNC & next one to follow.

Believe me, all the Memphis fans that I know have tremendous respect for Mark Few and the Zags basketball. We are like the Rodney Dangerfields of the college basketball.

Believe me, all the locals will be rooting for you guys all the way to F-4. I hope pargo and other guards keep driving the ball as UNC's defense is weak in that area; and I hope few exploits that and get Hansborough in early foul trouble.

Good Luck!

rawkmandale
03-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Nice. I just hope the majority of you Memphis fans will hold onto your tix, and get out to the games - not sell them to folks wearing 'lina blue.

UMTiger117
03-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Nice. I just hope the majority of you Memphis fans will hold onto your tix, and get out to the games - not sell them to folks wearing 'lina blue.

I hear you. I don't think that would happen. This is Memphis' first time to host regionals at FEDEX forum and I think everyone wants to enjout and be part of that.

rawkmandale
03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Good, because it should be 2 great games on Friday. If anyone does decide to sell tix, encourage them to sell to folks wearing orange or red - not 'lina blue! They can sit in your bars and watch on TV!

kclubfounder
03-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Cool UM,

Zag nation won't be able to cheer in person for your Tigers, but if positive vibes matter in the universe, you will be getting them from us.

Here's to a Memphis GU championship game!

UMTiger117
03-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Cool UM,

Zag nation won't be able to cheer in person for your Tigers, but if positive vibes matter in the universe, you will be getting them from us.

Here's to a Memphis GU championship game!

Amen! to that

BobZag
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm with the Tigers.

DADoZAG
03-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm with the Tigers.

+1

Beat UNC!

gotig
03-23-2009, 05:53 PM
The city of Memphis is pulling for you, Zags! The matchup with NC should be a great one

Tiger Dave
03-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Beat the media darlings UNC. You should have a boat load of UM fans. It should be a home game for the ZAGS!

Tiger Dave

ZagMania
03-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I would bet that a good majority of GU fans at least have Memphis playing in the national championship game. We've obviously played you and UConn, and we know who the better team is. Good luck to the Tigers, take care of business and show them how ridiculous it was not to give you a #1 seed.

UNCbiz
03-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Ha, Memphis just doesn't want to have to play UNC! ;)

ZagLawGrad
03-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Ha, Memphis just doesn't want to have to play UNC! ;)

I've had a sneaking suspicion there is some truth to that statement despite the Lovefest being shown on this Board

Tiger Dave
03-23-2009, 06:27 PM
I would bet that a good majority of GU fans at least have Memphis playing in the national championship game. We've obviously played you and UConn, and we know who the better team is. Good luck to the Tigers, take care of business and show them how ridiculous it was not to give you a #1 seed.

Thanks for the kudos! I know a #1 seed can make for a slightly easier path to the championship, but if a team is really that good, maybe it won't make a difference... The South region sold out so fast I didn't get tickets but I hope there are a lot of Tiger fans rooting for the Zags.

It seems Carolina and Duke always get to play a couple of their tourney games close to home. Let the FedEx forum be the Zags "second" home and send the 'heels packing!

Go Zags
Go Tigers

JohnOGU
03-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I have the Tigers in the ship! Of course noone wants to play the Heels, however, id certainly take Memphis at this point.

Guys i have a tingly feeling that this is our year.