PDA

View Full Version : Greg Anthony on Rome

theirishzag03
03-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Hard not to like what he said...

1st Rome asked about Cinderella and he said although there isn't really a "Cinderella" you still could have a #4 seed win it. (Unless he likes Xavier) He was speaking of GU.

2nd he said UNC will need Lawson, because the Zags have lots of talent and toughness off the bench. He said Gonzaga is the type team that could beat the Heels, because Gonzaga plays the best in up tempo style games. He said the type teams that give GU problems are "clamp down" Defensive teams. Although UNC has size with Hansbrough, Davis, and Zellar he still sees the Zags hanging right with the Heels.

Finally Rome mentioned he asked coach Few earlier on his radio point blank...if Gonzaga's best could beat UNC's best...Few paused and said "we need to play our best"... Anthony when asked if the Zags had a shot, rather quickly replied...Absolutely!!!

GonzagaDynasty
03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I know what I feel has no bearing on the game, but..... I have this feeling......... This team is special. This team wants to shock the world.

JohnOGU
03-23-2009, 02:14 PM
I know what I feel has no bearing on the game, but..... I have this feeling......... This team is special. This team wants to shock the world.

Ive said the exact same thing since last summer watching them practice in the Mac. this group is a special one. This group is destined to accomplish something great...

GO ZAGS

MedZag
03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Anthony has been a real gem with his analysis this year. And I love how he's been unafriad of calling some of the more entrenched ESPN talking heads on some of their perrenial biases.