PDA

View Full Version : Few on ESPN Radio at 2pm

Zaggy
03-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Few will be on the Doug Gottlieb show in the 2 o'clock hour (pacific time).

hockeyzag
03-23-2009, 12:16 PM
What station is ESPN? (Shame on me for not knowing this)

Zaggy
03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
I listen on www.espnradio.com. Not sure if you are listening on an actual radio.

GonzagaDynasty
03-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I think its 700 here in Spokane, but Im not 100% sure.. They change it all the time.

gmo
03-23-2009, 12:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=douggottlieb

Go to:
Click Here to Listen Live on the right hand side.

oops you beat me Zaggy, we're on it!!

Zaggy
03-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Just got moved to 3 pm. I have a meeting, so I'd love an update from somebody.

gmo
03-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Mark Few bumped it back Doug just said (must have even more interviews, he's all over today).

Moved to 3:00 p.m. Pacific

hockeyzag
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
uuuuuhhhhhhh, they cut away for the Dennis Patchin show.

Saxon_zag
03-23-2009, 02:20 PM
it was played online if you listened to it from there

theirishzag03
03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
it was played online if you listened to it from there

listening since about 3:10 online ...did I miss it?

JohnOGU
03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
recap?

gmo
03-23-2009, 02:43 PM
sorry, I was going to recap similar to the Jim Rome thread but got called away from my office. Apparently some at my company do not understand my priorities this week :)

I would love to hear how it went as well.

DenDiegoZag
03-23-2009, 02:43 PM
I did not really take serious notes on the exchange between Gottlieb and Few, but here is a brief summary of the exchange:

DG:
Admitted he was talking about turning in his Zag Nation card if we did not get to the Sweet 16.

Few: Joked that he did not know that DG was a Zag Nation member with "Conditions"

DG:
Asked how MF felt our chances were against UNC? He also wondered what, if anything, we could take from our victory in 2006 in MSG?

MF: Noted that he was really proud to get to the Sweet 16 with this group of guys, and that he was really happy for Josh, Jeremy, and Micah. He noted that while guys like Josh, Jeremy, and Matt got their feet wet against UNC in 2006, that team was more about D-Rav and others, etc. He said that he knew that although DG noted that some people tried to slow it down vs. UNC that our GU team really played better when we got the transition game going. Few noted that while he liked UNC's transition game, he really liked our transition game as well.

DG: Thanked Few and told him he hoped to talk to him next week after we get to our first FF.

BobZag
03-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Er, Batista was not on that Zags team.

Thanks, though.

ZagNative
03-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Er, Batista was not on that Zags team.

Thanks, though.Was he thinking about this character?

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Kuso/Kuso-UNC-Nov06-GreatDunk-Smaller.jpg

Kuso dunking on Alex Stephenson as Ty Lawson looks on.

rawkmandale
03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Kuso was 4 for 5 that game, but got hit with 4 fouls. I'm concerned about the foul situation again this time, and wonder if we should let them have some chippies - just work extra hard to deny the entry passes. Don't try to block everything near the basket - especially from the side or rear.

Therunner
03-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Kuso was 4 for 5 that game, but got hit with 4 fouls. I'm concerned about the foul situation again this time, and wonder if we should let them have some chippies - just work extra hard to deny the entry passes. Don't try to block everything near the basket - especially from the side or rear.

I've been telling people all week, "Try to desensitize yourself now to phantom fouls and no calls on obvious traveling violations." While these comments are in jest, it brings up the point that UNC leads the country in free throw attempts. Its almost inevitable that one of our bigs will face foul trouble on Friday. I'm not sure who it will be, but either way we'll more Ira and I have a strong feeling we'll see Big Will Foster make his first tourney appearance. UNC's frontcourt is gigantic and deep as they go 6'9", 6'10", 6'10 and all are at least 235lbs. One of the biggest keys of the game will be to limit our post players, especially Daye and Heytvelt from getting into foul trouble. It will certainly be in Coach William's gameplan to foul-out Heytvelt because he knows(just as we do) he's the only player capable of defending Hansbrough effectively.

rawkmandale
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah, let 'em have the chippies. But work to deflect entry passes (like Memphis did to us) - grab 'em, outlet, slama jama.

DADoZAG
03-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Spread the floor, use the speed and run, run, run...

Full court press on their point, draw the charge underneath. Stay with man to man and watch for their 3s.

Beat UNC!