PDA

View Full Version : Ira! (?)

Zag4Hire
03-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Early on the season, IRA! was the supposed X Factor for the Zags, bringing an athletic presence down low and a sort of enforcer in the key. This hasn't been discussed as much but I did see a bit of that during the Akron game (although IRA! was chalking up fouls, left and right). I haven't seen much talk about Ira in regards to this upcoming game but this is THE game that Gonzaga would need his services. If IRA! can limit the offensive boards for UNC and maybe get a swat or two, I would be nothing but smiles. I have faith in the great IRA! and I look forward to his delivery come Friday. Also a thundering dunk would be very nice as well.

zagsmyboys
03-23-2009, 08:56 AM
I think Ira will play a big part in the game against UNC. He is very strong!!

NorthoftheBorder
03-23-2009, 09:03 AM
The North Carolina forwards are 6' 9" (Hansbrough) 6' 8" (Thompson) 6' 10" (Davis) and 7' 0" (Zeller)

All of these are bad matchups for Ira.

I think Will will be a more important factor in this game than Ira.

Ezag
03-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Ira has all but disappeared the last few weeks, although he hasn't been given a lot of minutes to work with

Zag4Hire
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
The North Carolina forwards are 6' 9" (Hansbrough) 6' 8" (Thompson) 6' 10" (Davis) and 7' 0" (Zeller)

All of these are bad matchups for Ira.

I think Will will be a more important factor in this game than Ira.

Interesting point. I think Will would do just fine as long as he sticks to the basics: don't bring your arms down, on offense don't bring the ball down, on offense don't dribble, and don't leave your feet when they shoot. Grab the boards, Big Will.

zagsmyboys
03-23-2009, 09:10 AM
I agree...Will is going to be a big factor.